HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Official Chelsea Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 10505
Location : Nth Queensland

PostSubject: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 pm

CHELSEA FC:



The Fans:

craigib
Enforcer
Panthers
Roger
Sibs#12


Last edited by Panthers on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6317
Age : 26
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:45 pm

M Ballack - Calf Muscle Strain - 9th Nov 08
J Cole - Ankle/Foot Injury - 29th Oct 08
D Drogba - Knee Injury - 9th Nov 08
M Essien - ACL Knee Injury - Mar 09
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6317
Age : 26
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Pool just got lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2154
Location : Brisbane

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 pm

To be fair, it's not hard to see why Chelsea didn't score.

Drogba owns Anelka, Anelka can only score when the ball is bouncing around in the box and can't be cleared. Not good enough for Chelsea.

Joe Cole is one of the most important attacking weapons we have. He scores and creates goals. Vital cog.

So we were left with Malouda, who is up and down like a yo-yo, Kalou who is still inconsistent, Ballack out, Deco first game back from injury and subs coming on who are both 19 years old.

But above all that was that Liverpool's defense was incredibly strong. Carragher was an absolute beast in CD, and opportunities were limited. The game could well have finished 0-0.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mintyjo400
Professional
avatar

Posts : 133
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:40 pm

anelka is usless
he screws more chances then he makes
i prefur sinclear to him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:26 am

Great, the Chelsea v Hull game is on at 6:45 EDT which means I only get to watch half the game....or even less because I gotta get ready for school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2154
Location : Brisbane

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 am

and i gotta get ready for....
......
.....

Nothing...or study, whatever you want to call it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:30 am

You live in bloody Brisbane, its on at 5:45 for you which means you can actually watch the game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2664
Age : 26
Location : Stamford Bridge

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 am

same for me i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Rephrase that last sentence, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka has them, when he can be bothered to use them. Don't tell me he doesnt have finishing abilities for a second...he's a decent striker, but he's very inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 am

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Rephrase that last sentence, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka has them, when he can be bothered to use them. Don't tell me he doesnt have finishing abilities for a second...he's a decent striker, but he's very inconsistent.

Anelka has rare finishing abilities, he barely scores unless its given to him right in front of the goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:14 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Rephrase that last sentence, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka has them, when he can be bothered to use them. Don't tell me he doesnt have finishing abilities for a second...he's a decent striker, but he's very inconsistent.

Anelka has rare finishing abilities, he barely scores unless its given to him right in front of the goal.
Ha! Shows how long you've been watching football for...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:37 pm

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Rephrase that last sentence, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka has them, when he can be bothered to use them. Don't tell me he doesnt have finishing abilities for a second...he's a decent striker, but he's very inconsistent.

Anelka has rare finishing abilities, he barely scores unless its given to him right in front of the goal.
Ha! Shows how long you've been watching football for...

Well if you watch him play for Chelsea you would see he barely scores unless its put on a platter for him.
He was great for Bolton and some previous clubs (hes been to too many lol) but he just hasnt been like that for us and thats what is important. I dont care if he HAD great finishing before, I only care if he can do it consistently NOW and he can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Sinclair is more of an attacking winger like Kalou. Di Santo is the same position as Anelka. Anyway I hope Joe Cole is back for the Hull game, his absence showed so much in the Liverpool game. And we really do need Drogba back, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka doesn't have that.
Rephrase that last sentence, we need someone up front who has good finishing abilities and Anelka has them, when he can be bothered to use them. Don't tell me he doesnt have finishing abilities for a second...he's a decent striker, but he's very inconsistent.

Anelka has rare finishing abilities, he barely scores unless its given to him right in front of the goal.
Ha! Shows how long you've been watching football for...

Well if you watch him play for Chelsea you would see he barely scores unless its put on a platter for him.
He was great for Bolton and some previous clubs (hes been to too many lol) but he just hasnt been like that for us and thats what is important. I dont care if he HAD great finishing before, I only care if he can do it consistently NOW and he can't.
Just because he barely scores, doesn't mean he doesn't have great finishing abilities! Michael Owen only scored 13 goals or something for Real Madrid, but played around 3 times that amount in games. Don't tell me you're saying Michael Owen doesn't have good finishing abilities, especially back then as a top class striker? And don't give me the 'he was injury prone' excuse, he played almost all of Madrid's games that season, so he should've scored more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mintyjo400
Professional
avatar

Posts : 133
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:22 am

i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 am

mintyjo400 wrote:
i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW

Yep thats exactly what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:58 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW

Yep thats exactly what I mean.
Try and argue your point better, without the help of someone else...if he had no finishing skills, he wouldn't be a striker. Right? And you're still evading what I said about Owen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axle
Trainee
avatar

Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 am

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW

Yep thats exactly what I mean.
Try and argue your point better, without the help of someone else...if he had no finishing skills, he wouldn't be a striker. Right? And you're still evading what I said about Owen.

It's a forum, not a debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mintyjo400
Professional
avatar

Posts : 133
Location : NZ

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 am

just because he a striker doesnt mean he is a good 1
and anelka has had so many chances the he wasted
i dont know about owen atmadrid, but if eh had lot and waste them they would be the same
if it was he just didnt get the chances then it a completly diff situation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 am

mintyjo400 wrote:
just because he a striker doesnt mean he is a good 1
and anelka has had so many chances the he wasted
i dont know about owen atmadrid, but if eh had lot and waste them they would be the same
if it was he just didnt get the chances then it a completly diff situation
Did you see Anelka's goal today at Hull? Yeah there was no keeper, but a goal from the edge of the box, on your wrong foot, with your back to the net, has got to take some finishing skills. If not, what would you say they are?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 am

TheBlues wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
just because he a striker doesnt mean he is a good 1
and anelka has had so many chances the he wasted
i dont know about owen atmadrid, but if eh had lot and waste them they would be the same
if it was he just didnt get the chances then it a completly diff situation
Did you see Anelka's goal today at Hull? Yeah there was no keeper, but a goal from the edge of the box, on your wrong foot, with your back to the net, has got to take some finishing skills. If not, what would you say they are?

uhh not really, hes a professional footballer and he plays as a striker, thats just expected....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2189
Location : Fulham Broadway Station

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 am

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW

Yep thats exactly what I mean.
Try and argue your point better, without the help of someone else...if he had no finishing skills, he wouldn't be a striker. Right? And you're still evading what I said about Owen.

Dude thats exactly what I said, and thats why I said thats exactly what I mean
He said I think so I said thats what I meant, or is that too hard for you to understand.
Also I know Owen has good finishing skills, I don't deny that, he was one of my favourite players before.
I don't think I have to respond to everything you say....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
just because he a striker doesnt mean he is a good 1
and anelka has had so many chances the he wasted
i dont know about owen atmadrid, but if eh had lot and waste them they would be the same
if it was he just didnt get the chances then it a completly diff situation
Did you see Anelka's goal today at Hull? Yeah there was no keeper, but a goal from the edge of the box, on your wrong foot, with your back to the net, has got to take some finishing skills. If not, what would you say they are?

uhh not really, hes a professional footballer and he plays as a striker, thats just expected....
What, so you expect every striker in world football to score like that? Wrong foot, edge of box, back to goal? Damn, you have high expectations...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 77
Age : 25
Location : Adelaide!

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
mintyjo400 wrote:
i think what he is trying to say is that anelka doesnt have good finishing skillz NOW
if you had watched a chelsea game in the last year you would see he wasted chance after chance
anybody with half decent finishing skills would have finished those oppurtunities with goals
for bolten he played well and demonstrated what he could do, but that is in the PAST
NOT NOW

Yep thats exactly what I mean.
Try and argue your point better, without the help of someone else...if he had no finishing skills, he wouldn't be a striker. Right? And you're still evading what I said about Owen.

Dude thats exactly what I said, and thats why I said thats exactly what I mean
He said I think so I said thats what I meant, or is that too hard for you to understand.
Also I know Owen has good finishing skills, I don't deny that, he was one of my favourite players before.
I don't think I have to respond to everything you say....
So you don't deny the fact that despite the fact that Owen has great finishing skills, he scored very few goals at Madrid? Same with Anelka. So what's your point? Anelka has good finishing skills, as does Owen, and they both have had a lean period in their careers. Are you saying that Owen has no finishing skills, because his record is almost worse than Anelka's record for Chelsea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Official Chelsea Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum