HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Official Chelsea Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:49 am

You're putting words in my mouth, I just said I rate Owen although he was a lot better in his Liverpool days. I think Anelka is past his best and he definitely has lost some of his finishing ability. I mean he only scored today because there was an open goal....and that definitely was not a hard shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
You're putting words in my mouth, I just said I rate Owen although he was a lot better in his Liverpool days. I think Anelka is past his best and he definitely has lost some of his finishing ability. I mean he only scored today because there was an open goal....and that definitely was not a hard shot.
What, so you're saying Owen has no finishing skills? That's what you said about Anelka, he's past his best, as is Owen. And don't tell me you're saying that YOU can score off your wrong foot, 20 yards out with your back to the goals? Many professional strikers would've missed that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mintyjo400
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 am

i didnt see the goal
but strikers are just like anybody else, sometimes they get lucky
e.g. bently
he could be in the exact smae situatilon 100 times and probably wouldnt score it again
anelka scored 1 goal that was half decent today (going on what you guys have said)
but how many chances has he destroyed? that any striker in the world would put away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 pm

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
What, so you're saying Owen has no finishing skills? That's what you said about Anelka, he's past his best, as is Owen. And don't tell me you're saying that YOU can score off your wrong foot, 20 yards out with your back to the goals? Many professional strikers would've missed that.

Why the hell do you keep bringing Owen into this, he has nothing to do with Anelka. And I don't know if I could've scored but it wasnt the hardest shot in the world and a professional striker is expected to score when there is an open goal. I'm sorry but thats just the way it is. That's why they get paid bucket loads of money. Oh and almost all EPL strikers wouldve scored that, let alone a striker playing for Chelsea.

Anyway why are you so obsessed with Anelka, I mean he isn't that likeable, and he screws up quite a few good chances we have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Why the hell do you keep bringing Owen into this, he has nothing to do with Anelka. And I don't know if I could've scored but it wasnt the hardest shot in the world and a professional striker is expected to score when there is an open goal. I'm sorry but thats just the way it is. That's why they get paid bucket loads of money. Oh and almost all EPL strikers wouldve scored that, let alone a striker playing for Chelsea.

Anyway why are you so obsessed with Anelka, I mean he isn't that likeable, and he screws up quite a few good chances we have.
So do you reckon Dave Kitson would've scored that I highly doubt it. Or what if a player is on the sideline, 50m out, with an open goal? Are they expected to score?

Owen was in the same situation as Anelka is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:22 am

uhh not at 50m but from the edge of the box then yes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
And I don't know if I could've scored but it wasnt the hardest shot in the world and a professional striker is expected to score when there is an open goal.

Try to be more specific next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 am

ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL! GO THE GUNNERS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.otc-forums.com
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:43 am

Teal Devils wrote:
ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL! GO THE GUNNERS!

i think you should have written that in the official losers thread Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
And I don't know if I could've scored but it wasnt the hardest shot in the world and a professional striker is expected to score when there is an open goal.

You have gotta be kidding me...we are talking about Anelka, I'm not suddenly gonna go on a tangent and talk about some other situation.
I was obviously referring to Anelka's goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:54 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

You have gotta be kidding me...we are talking about Anelka, I'm not suddenly gonna go on a tangent and talk about some other situation.
I didn't say you had to go on a tangent, did I, but you weren't very specific with what you said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:52 am

TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

I didn't say you had to go on a tangent, did I, but you weren't very specific with what you said.

Well thats exactly what I'm saying. I was obviously talking about Anelka, you are the one who keeps bringing other strikers into it. I never stopped talking about Anelka....

Anyway I'm over arguing with you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
TheBlues wrote:
Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:

Well thats exactly what I'm saying. I was obviously talking about Anelka, you are the one who keeps bringing other strikers into it. I never stopped talking about Anelka....

Anyway I'm over arguing with you...
Good, because for what I'm about to say, you wouldn't have a constructive reply to. Did you watch the Chelsea-Sunderland match this morning? 5-0 yeah? Who scored the hat-trick?

NICOLAS ANELKA.

And don't give me the crap that they were tap-ins, they were decent goals. He continues to prove critics like yourself wrong, and continues to prove he has been our most valuable striker this year by far. Don't even give me a whimper that he hasn't been. He scored 4 goals against one of the best Italian sides in the world, and has now been scoring for fun against Premier League sides. He is a very good striker with good finishing skills. Don't deny me on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:57 pm

I admit he had a great game, I can't say he played terribly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
I admit he had a great game, I can't say he played terribly.
Good to know. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:49 am

He played well yes, but it wasn't an indication of improved finishing skills...the goals were all very easy, but he was a threat and didn't blow anywhere near as many chances.

The best thing this can do for him is confidence

I like Mikel, he is a very capable replacement for Essien in the heart of the team. He is quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boomer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:17 am

Cameron wrote:

I like Mikel, he is a very capable replacement for Essien in the heart of the team. He is quality.

Yea he's such a similar style player to Essien he fits in easily
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlues
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:18 am

Cameron wrote:
He played well yes, but it wasn't an indication of improved finishing skills...the goals were all very easy, but he was a threat and didn't blow anywhere near as many chances.

The best thing this can do for him is confidence

And he's young too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:29 am

Exactly, great future, he's got the agro out of his game now too.

I think maybe in the future Essien will play orthodox CM, and Mikel will occupy that role in front of the 4.

Damn, I love Chelsea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:18 am

WHO'S BACK ON TOP? WE ARE!!!

sounds arrogant what i just said, but it was a convincing way to come back after our loss to pool, 3-0 vs hull and 5-0 vs sunderland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:31 am

When did you become an admin cammo?
-jealous-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 am

I was an admin after a few days, but then we had some problems and sbw, celtics and I (who were all admin, were bumped off), Panthers fixed it and we're back to where we were originally
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

TheBlues wrote:

Good, because for what I'm about to say, you wouldn't have a constructive reply to. Did you watch the Chelsea-Sunderland match this morning? 5-0 yeah? Who scored the hat-trick?

NICOLAS ANELKA.

And don't give me the crap that they were tap-ins, they were decent goals. He continues to prove critics like yourself wrong, and continues to prove he has been our most valuable striker this year by far. Don't even give me a whimper that he hasn't been. He scored 4 goals against one of the best Italian sides in the world, and has now been scoring for fun against Premier League sides. He is a very good striker with good finishing skills. Don't deny me on that.
mate, lay off him, we all have opinions, i personally think anelka is a decent striker, i rate him, but i think youre overexaggerating just a tad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 am

sibs#12 wrote:
TheBlues wrote:

NICOLAS ANELKA.

mate, lay off him, we all have opinions, i personally think anelka is a decent striker, i rate him, but i think youre overexaggerating just a tad.

Thanks Smile

Hes a good striker but he misses a lot of good chances
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
sibs#12 wrote:
TheBlues wrote:

NICOLAS ANELKA.

Thanks Smile

Hes a good striker but he misses a lot of good chances
Damn straight he does...alot of people could've scored some of those chances he screwed up..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Chelsea Thread
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum