HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Official Chelsea Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:18 am

Beckham wrote:
Last i heard Neymar wanted to remain at Santos, and the club was going to FIFA due to harassment from who else but Chelski.

Are you sure Neymar would be in your starting side anyway? I wouldn't think so.
I've still got hope that we'll sign him but there are plenty of mixed signals, Neymar says he wants to stay there while his agent thinks he should move to further his career, and the club are willing to sell him but are pushing us for more money.

I'm not sure whether he would be in the starting side, I hope he is, but that's why I said at the end of my previous post that he will probably make regular appearances off the bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craigib
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:32 am

finally we have ramires Smile, hadn't heard anything for over a week when he was meant to have his medical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 am

Nice start to the season, well done lads. Smile

It seems as though Carlo will stick with the 4-3-3 formation for the time being, how do you guys think Ramires will be used in the formation?

Here's what I'm hoping to see...

Essien
--- Ramires - Lampard ---
Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:32 am

seems good panthers, we might also see ramires drop back into dm depending on who we're playing.

i'm not sure about you guys, but I's quite like to see kalou on the right wing from time to time.

anyone know what number he's gonna wear?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:59 am

Are you talking about Kalou or Ramires, Enforcer? Kalou always wears #21...dunno what Ramires will wear, if you're talking about him though.

Anyway it seems Ancelotti will use that formation with those midfielders/attackers, looks good Panthers.

We've scored 21 goals in the last 3 league games at Stamford Bridge Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:16 pm

yeah meant Ramires, sorry for the ambiguity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craigib
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Good start, anything could happen next week against Wigan.

If Blackpool can put 4 past them, could we possibly see double digits?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 am

Ramires is going to wear #7.

In recent times, that number hasn't brought much luck to whoever wore it (Mutu, Sheva)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craig Foster
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Brazil boss tells Neymar to turn down Chelsea
Quote :

Brazil coach Mano Menezes has cautioned Neymar against joining Chelsea and says the teenager will benefit from continuing his education with Santos.

It is believed Chelsea have failed with a £24 million offer for the forward, who recently scored on his senior debut for the Brazilian national side. However, Neymar does have a release clause set in his contract to the value of £29.6 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=815276&sec=transfers&cc=3436

I agree, but how do Chelsea fans feel about this? Are you confident of capturing the signature of Neymar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indeedilidoodily
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

Do Brazilians historically do well in the EPL, Foz?

I can remember Juninho Paulista did okay for Middlesbrough...
Robinho was okay (at times) for Man City...

p.s. Chelsea fans would wish they had THIS Juninho at some stage earlier in his career:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juninho_Pernambucano
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am

Craig Foster wrote:
Brazil boss tells Neymar to turn down Chelsea
Quote :

Brazil coach Mano Menezes has cautioned Neymar against joining Chelsea and says the teenager will benefit from continuing his education with Santos.

It is believed Chelsea have failed with a £24 million offer for the forward, who recently scored on his senior debut for the Brazilian national side. However, Neymar does have a release clause set in his contract to the value of £29.6 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=815276&sec=transfers&cc=3436

I agree, but how do Chelsea fans feel about this? Are you confident of capturing the signature of Neymar?
I think we've still got a good chance. I really don't care what this Brazilian coach thinks though. We met with him yesterday but nothing was settled, apparently we're meeting with him again on Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Brazilians generally struggles in the EPL, would be a poor move by Neymar, id stay in Brazil for a season atleast which means he will keep playing regulary. Stay in Brazill like Ronaldo

and sibs i think the Brazilian manger wuold have a big influence on what Neymar does, so if you wanna sign him i think youd care what he thinks on the situation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 am

ahh yes the 'wonderful' player that is Lucas, definately the exception to the rule. . .

anywho:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1304560/Neymar-rejects-Chelsea-Brazilian-wonderkid-stay-Santos.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 am

Disappointing.... That'll be our business done for the summer, unless we sign a backup goalkeeper.

Also, Sam Hutchinson has retired after being dogged by injuries...shattered for him, so young and Jose had a very high opinion of him. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craigib
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

Fantastic results last night another 6-0 victory at the DW Stadium. Was good to see the subs score and welcome Yossi Benayoun with your first goal for Chelsea FC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 am

Quote :
Carlo Ancelotti has claimed Chelsea have no intention of making any further signings this month.

Chelsea have allowed Joe Cole, Michael Ballack, Juliano Belletti, Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Scott Sinclair and Miroslav Stoch to leave this summer, with others departing Stamford Bridge on loan, but only Yossi Benayoun and Ramires have joined the club.

Ancelotti had said that the Blues were seeking three signings this summer but, after failed bids for Santos starlet Neymar and Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, it appears they will now rely on the players already at the club.

He told the club's official website: "The transfer window is closed for us already."

Ancelotti saying that we won't buy anymore players. No real surprise, I'm quite happy with Benayoun at the club to add more depth and stoked that we've got Ramires who should make his debut tonight. I'd like us to add another backup keeper but it seems as though we won't be getting Begovic. Here's hoping Cech doesn't get injured.

I like the look of our squad for the upcoming season. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 am

Lamps is gonna have hernia surgery midweek, Ancelotti has said the following:

Quote :
"He [Lampard] has a problem on his groin.

"He had the surgery ten years ago and this week was not very good. He also didn't feel well in the game.

"So the only solution is to have surgery this week, maybe he will do this Tuesday or Wednesday. It means he is not able to play for the national team.

"He'll be ready in one week or two weeks. We have experience because it is the same surgery as [Didier] Drogba and Drogba took one week before he was able to train.

"It is not a big problem. It is very easy surgery but he needs it because he started to feel pain."

He'll probably be out for 1-2 weeks as Carlo mentioned, not a massive blow considering our other players have been more influential than him, perhaps this is why he's been a bit off and hasn't gotten amongst the action lately. Hopefully he's back for the game against Man City, I'm sure he will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Bump. Suspect

Benayoun out for 'several months'...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9066767.stm

That sucks, on the positive side of things McEachran and Kakuta should continue to get solid game time. Lamps should also be back in action after the international break. Very Happy

Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 am

Do you guys think Bosingwa will definitely start once fully fit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 am

^Tough one, but yeah I think he will. Seeing as Alex may be out for a couple more weeks, I think we'll see...

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Will be interesting to see what happens when Alex does return, he's obviously had a gun start to the season and Carlo seems to be a fan of Ferreira so he will probably continue to get decent game time. Will be a good problem to have once all are back to full fitness.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:04 am

Ash Cole:
Quote :
"I'd like to say four, but you never know,'' he said. "I've got good young players behind me at Chelsea and I hope one day they can get more games and one day take my place. But at the minute I'm just taking it year on year and seeing how the body is, because I'm 29 but I feel like 35 or 40. It's hard getting up in the mornings, but I hope to have another four years and hopefully win a few more medals and win the Champions League. I've got three more years at Chelsea and I'd love to finish my career here.''
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=833394&sec=england&cc=3436

He's playing some quality football for us at the moment, him and Malouda have been lethal down the left for us. Would love to see him finish his career at Stamford Bridge.

Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:42 am

What are the chances of Drogba playing this weekend? Where is he at? (EPL Fantasy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:42 am

Well some big news in the last couple of days...

Firstly the dismissal of Wilkins is just a massive shock, didn't see it coming. Carlo claims he had nothing to do with the decision... to be fair he's probably spot on. Massive loss though, we all know Wilkins played such a crucial role in our double last season. All the best to him and hopefully he lands a manager role in the near future.

In other crap news Lampard is out for a few more weeks. Massive blow, was expecting to see him step in and fill the loss of Essien for the next few games. Apparently it's a new injury and he won't require surgery. Expect him to return before Xmas and play a massive role in that busy period. Razz

BTW where's Sibsy been of late? This thread is lacking without 'ya mate.

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 am

You bunch of f***ing C***s.. Obviously Scared..

Why was Chelsea v Manchester United called off...

Chelsea invited fresh controversy by postponing today’s titanic Premier League match with Manchester United more than 24 hours before kick off.

While clubs across the country, from Sunderland to Exeter, managed to stage matches in the Premier League and Championship on Saturday afternoon, Chelsea informed United officials before lunchtime yesterday that the most eagerly-anticipated game of the season would not be played.

Incredibly, Chelsea justified their decision, delivered with unusual haste, by claiming the game had to be called off ‘following consultation with police and the local authority’.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp perhaps captured the mood of most football fans when he expressed his astonishment that Chelsea had acted so swiftly to halt the game with United.

‘Tomorrow’s another day and who knows what the weather will be like in the morning?’ said Redknapp, who learned that Tottenham’s match at Blackpool at lunchtime today had been postponed while he waited with his players for a flight north from Stanstead Airport yesterday.

‘I have to say, I couldn’t believe it when I heard Chelsea against United was already off. You’d have thought the Stamford Bridge pitch, which has under-soil heating, would have been playable, so there must be other reasons for the game to be postponed that we don’t know about.

'At Blackpool, the pitch was frozen because they don’t have under-soil heating and that was always going to be a problem. At Chelsea, they must be worried about the surrounding areas to the ground. Even so, it is still a surprise that the game was called off so early.’

Chelsea’s rush to postpone the match has come when the club are dealing with the fall-out from a poor sequence of results. It also follows a rash of bad publicity and speculation over the future of manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

Only a fortnight ago, Chelsea publicly argued on their own website: ‘In this day and age, with all the modern technology, it is very rare you get a game called off. The pitch would have to be frozen solid or completely under water to be called off, which shouldn’t happen at Stamford Bridge.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339878/Why-Chelsea-v-Manchester-United-called--Ipswich-managed-beat-freezing-conditions.html

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Chelsea Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Chelsea Thread
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum