HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, does this show need any introduction?

It's been ten years strong now since it made it's debut in 2000, and ever since, to me, has become the best show on TV.

People might say it gets boring after a while, but how? Every season is different, and the one that is currently airing in Australia, and just wrapped up in the US was Season 19 Survivor: Samoa.

Season 20 is an All Stars version, and was filmed two weeks after Season 19, just enough time for Russell to be healthy enough to return like he is.

Season 20, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains premiers February 11th in the US, and I for one cannot wait!

Also, for those watching Season 19, what have your thoughts been on this Season?

Last edited by Sparky_Hughes on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 am

I watch Survivor occasionally, I used to watch it all the time but my interest seemed to leave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 am

survivor sucks..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jennings
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:54 am

pretty boring TBH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:55 am

Brenton wrote:
I watch Survivor occasionally, I used to watch it all the time but my interest seemed to leave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crows-36
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:04 am

Not a big Survivor fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am

Use to be a big fan of Survivor. But I have not watched the past few seasons.

If it's in a good time frame (doesn't clash with any of my favourite shows) then I'll probably watch Season 20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am

not a fan of the show at all, reality tv just isnt for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crows-36
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 am

Styletix wrote:

Same. The only reality tv show I really liked was Big Brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Crows-36 wrote:
Styletix wrote:

Same. The only reality tv show I really liked was Big Brother.

I loved BB. I watched it from the beginning and became loyal to the show, even with Jackie O and Kyle Sandilands on there in the final series Surprised. I loved Gretel even with her annoying voice, yelling trying to compete with the crowd Laughing

Survivor is an outdoor BB, but I never took to it. It's hard for me to explain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Brenton wrote:

This.
I used to watch it religiously back in the day when it first started...then I think moving over here from England made me not watch it or something.

Ill watch it if I remember or if it doesnt clash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Ashes
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks Sparky I'm a massive fan. Was really pissed when they took it off 9 and put it on GO so I got a set top box now thats it's on 9 again I couldn't be happier.

This season has been great Russell is a GOD and to be honest he aint no villain he has played his game perfectly so far and I hope he wins even though he probably won't. As I'm a fan of underdogs I always have sided with Foa Foa even through the merge and now they are favourites in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:51 pm

huge fan! have missed the last few series because i don't have go but have got into this series. Russell is brilliant to watch and stirs up so much drama, and it's amazing how simple it is to cast doubt in some of the others' minds. Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gramsy23
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:56 pm

i was like afc i probably watched the first 10 season then i watched on-and-off until this season where i have got back into it a bit

i have watched more regularly this season... Russell is a pretty good player aye

there's a few lookers in the bunch this time again - i ws shattered when a hottie got voted off in the first tribal council dammit lol

PS - Crows and liam_bombers... you have serious problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Used to love it. Dont really get to catch it much these days though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashes
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 am

Gramsy23 wrote:
i was like afc i probably watched the first 10 season then i watched on-and-off until this season where i have got back into it a bit

i have watched more regularly this season... Russell is a pretty good player aye

there's a few lookers in the bunch this time again - i ws shattered when a hottie got voted off in the first tribal council dammit lol

That was cry worthy she was by far the best of the bunch. Only thing I'm pissed that Russell had done so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 am

Ashes wrote:
Thanks Sparky I'm a massive fan. Was really pissed when
they took it off 9 and put it on GO so I got a set top box now thats
it's on 9 again I couldn't be happier.

This season has been
great Russell is a GOD and to be honest he aint no villain he has
played his game perfectly so far and I hope he wins even though he
probably won't. As I'm a fan of underdogs I always have sided with Foa
Foa even through the merge and now they are favourites in the
game.

No worries mate. I always watched it on Channel 9, but the last five or six seasons I've watched on Youtube and now Megavideo. So much easier, and also better as you can watch it in your own time. My favorite this season was Kelly, the blonde with dreads, but also liked Russell.

Gramsy23 wrote:

Yeah Kelly and Monica are amazing!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:29 am

liam_bombers wrote:
I loved BB. I watched it from the beginning and became loyal to the show, even with Jackie O and Kyle Sandilands on there in the final series Surprised. I loved Gretel even with her annoying voice, yelling trying to compete with the crowd Laughing

Survivor is an outdoor BB, but I never took to it. It's hard for me to explain.

Rofl, you watched Big Brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 am

Well, it's better than Survivor...so american and over-dramatic like most american 'reality' shows that are actually scripted.

I don't want to turn this into a Survivor vs BB thread so let's leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 am

I love it.
I hate Russell but he's that interesting that you don't want him to leave.
There's always one standout that makes each season interesting and this time it's him.
I lost interest until the last three seasons (plus it was off-air as far as I know, free to air anyway), but I was a massive fan through the first eight seasons, then there were some where one tribe would lose every single immunity and I was just like this is just boring, but the last three-four seasons (the one with Ozzy and all the crazy blindsides, the Bob-Sugar one and the Brazil one before this one) have got me watching it again, though I don't worry too much if I miss an episode here or there, apparently Russell pulls a massive blindside this week, wouldnt wanna miss that, I cant think who it could really be a "blindside" for unless its Shambo because the numbers are even or even in his alliance's favor right now, so maybe its her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 am

liam_bombers wrote:
Well, it's better than Survivor...so american and
over-dramatic like most american 'reality' shows that are actually
scripted.

I don't want to turn this into a Survivor vs BB thread so let's leave it at that.

Mate, you can't tell me listening to people talk about nothing and watching them sleep on Big Brother is more entertaining than anything on Survivor.

That's just plain RIDUNCULOUS!

CHORUS wrote:
I love it.
There's always one standout that makes each season interesting and this time it's him.
I lost interest until the last three seasons (plus it was off-air as far as I know, free to air anyway), but I was a massive fan through the first eight seasons, then there were some where one tribe would lose every single immunity and I was just like this is just boring, but the last three-four seasons (the one with Ozzy and all the crazy blindsides, the Bob-Sugar one and the Brazil one before this one) have got me watching it again, though I don't worry too much if I miss an episode here or there, apparently Russell pulls a massive blindside this week, wouldnt wanna miss that, I cant think who it could really be a "blindside" for unless its Shambo because the numbers are even or even in his alliance's favor right now, so maybe its her.

Yeah the last four seasons have been amongst the best ever. Fans vs. Favorites to me is the best Season ever, Gabon had Bob and the making of all those "Fake" Hidden Immunity Idols, Tocantins had Tyson, Coach and J.T. and Samoa had Russell, all the blindsides and so much more.

Also yeah this week, another massive blindside. Great Episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gramsy23
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 pm

oh yeah Shambo, F*** i hate Shambo especially for her bad sportsmanship more than anything else

like when they were throwing the rocks at the tiles and i think it was Monica missed and Shambo was just laughing what a bitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm pissed Rob was chosen for the Heroes and Villans season. F*** the guy has been on Survior and the Amazing Race twice, his 5 mins of fame are well over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Gramsy23 wrote:
oh yeah Shambo, F*** i hate Shambo especially for her bad sportsmanship more than anything else

when they were throwing the rocks at the tiles and i think it was
Monica missed and Shambo was just laughing what a bitch

Yeah, the only thing that annoyed me this Season was Shambo. They tried to make out as if she was the victim and all, but really, it's just her personality and really, is it any wonder that no one really liked her.

Svoerman wrote:
I'm pissed Rob was chosen for the Heroes and Villans season. F*** the guy has been on Survior and the Amazing Race twice, his 5 mins of fame are well over

Yeah, he's been on both twice. But being the 10th anniversary of Survivor, and he being one of the all time great Survivor Villians, it's only fair he's on this Season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
Well, it's better than Survivor...so american and
over-dramatic like most american 'reality' shows that are actually
scripted.

Mate, you can't tell me listening to people talk about nothing and watching them sleep on Big Brother is more entertaining than anything on Survivor.

That's just plain RIDUNCULOUS!

CHORUS wrote:
I love it.

Yeah the last four seasons have been amongst the best ever. Fans vs. Favorites to me is the best Season ever, Gabon had Bob and the making of all those "Fake" Hidden Immunity Idols, Tocantins had Tyson, Coach and J.T. and Samoa had Russell, all the blindsides and so much more.

Also yeah this week, another massive blindside. Great Episode.

So you guys have seen the whole season already on youtube?
I'm just watchuing it week by week NO SPOILER PEOPLE lol!
I missed most of Tocantins but yeah fans v faves was bloody fantastic wasnt it?
I guess thats Shambo this week then lol
I agree with whoever wrote that that laughing when Laura missed a tile (and hence a chance at immunity) was a disgraceful display of terrible sportsmanship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum