HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:14 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Finally have two spare seconds. Think I'll go take that crap I've been holding in since mid-March. Nah, I'll watch Ep4 instead.

Let us know when you need Ep 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Done and dusted mate Smile
Does that bloke that got voted off always carry on forever like that? Hehe
Interesting set of characters. Far out that Naonka chick is annoying lol what a 'tude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Done and dusted mate Smile
Does that bloke that got voted off always carry on forever like that? Hehe
Interesting set of characters. Far out that Naonka chick is annoying lol what a 'tude

Haha Jimmy T? He was a character. I was sad to see him go.

So where are you up to now? Because I can give you the links for the episodes you need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Just Finiahed the episode where Jim t got the flick. Much appreiated Sparkster
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Episode 5: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SP4G7GHQ

Episode 6: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SGQ202AT

Episode 7 comes out on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:40 am

so....Naonka anyone? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 am

Cheers Sparky. Didn't catch the ep last night tho Sad
Is Naonka out? Far out she's annoying. What a 'tude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:43 am

nope, she just went crazy at tribal, hilarious to watch her swearing at everyone

Fabio just takes so much of it, and i still can't figure out what he's done wrong!

Jeez it's so fun to watch her though, really the most exciting thing of this season by a fair distance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:38 am

Man I have to see that. You still watching these Sparky? Thread's kinda died in general I guess, maybe will pick up when the season gets to the business end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Unfortunately lost track of this season pre-merge as the end of uni run just made time too scarce. However while flicking through the TV mag for NBA games and Spanish movies I noticed that the finale is on this week. Has the season been a good one? Any memorable moments or revolutionary first-time happenings in the game itself that could find its way into future seasons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:05 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Unfortunately lost track of this season pre-merge as the end of uni run just made time too scarce. However while flicking through the TV mag for NBA games and Spanish movies I noticed that the finale is on this week. Has the season been a good one? Any memorable moments or revolutionary first-time happenings in the game itself that could find its way into future seasons?

I finished it last Monday. Apart from the winner, was a fairly average season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Able to post the finale up for us please mate? Though I'm guessin I might know from your comment Wink But would stil like to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Able to post the finale up for us please mate? Though I'm guessin I might know from your comment Wink But would stil like to see.

Yeah I'll try find it first.

I couldn't find it before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Here we go CHORUS

The Finale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wLa5s-n0oQ - 87 minutes.

Reunion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRSLQEUQXP8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - 37 minutes.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Quality is awesome. There's no 72 minute break thing like there is on MegaVideo either. Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm

cheers for that mate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 am

Well given the final TC performances of the three Fabio was definitely a deserving winner.

However it's getting annoying that given the amounts of votes they show and the way in which Jeff orders votes, it's becoming obvious what the results are before they even happen. A few of us watched the finale last night and once they showed four of the votes (2 Fabio, 2 Chase) while people were still voting I called it as a 5-4 Fabio win with 0 for Sash because it's just getting so obvious. However, it's still a step up from Season One where they didn't even necessarily reveal the shown votes first so you could tell by the handwriting who was gone already while there were still a few votes left to be shown by Jeff because a vote or two shown on camera during the voting still hadn't come up out of the barrel.

Just watching a few YouTube clips now of Naonka's moments. I didn't know two girls had quit. Was that a scheduled TC anyway or did an impromptu one get called specifically because two wanted to quit? And why do people like these quitters in recent seasons get included in the torch ceremony/reflection thing (the most boring part of the season, IMO) when the original quitter, Osten from Pearl Islands, did not have his torch included because of his quitting?

And is it definitely Russell v Rob for next season? Looking forward to the next season as uni kept me from seeing most of this one.

Still have to watch the reunion as provided by Sparky as went to bed earlier last night knowing I'm gonna be midnight flight to Sydney tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:10 am

CHORUS wrote:
Well given the final TC performances of the three Fabio was definitely a deserving winner.

However it's getting annoying that given the amounts of votes they show and the way in which Jeff orders votes, it's becoming obvious what the results are before they even happen. A few of us watched the finale last night and once they showed four of the votes (2 Fabio, 2 Chase) while people were still voting I called it as a 5-4 Fabio win with 0 for Sash because it's just getting so obvious. However, it's still a step up from Season One where they didn't even necessarily reveal the shown votes first so you could tell by the handwriting who was gone already while there were still a few votes left to be shown by Jeff because a vote or two shown on camera during the voting still hadn't come up out of the barrel.

Just watching a few YouTube clips now of Naonka's moments. I didn't know two girls had quit. Was that a scheduled TC anyway or did an impromptu one get called specifically because two wanted to quit? And why do people like these quitters in recent seasons get included in the torch ceremony/reflection thing (the most boring part of the season, IMO) when the original quitter, Osten from Pearl Islands, did not have his torch included because of his quitting?

And is it definitely Russell v Rob for next season? Looking forward to the next season as uni kept me from seeing most of this one.

Still have to watch the reunion as provided by Sparky as went to bed earlier last night knowing I'm gonna be midnight flight to Sydney tonight.

Yeah Na'Onka and Purple Kelly quit in the same episode. Both wanted to leave after a reward challenge but Jeff gave them the day to think about it, but both decided they'd just had enough.

And no, it's not definitely Rob vs. Russell. They didn't mention anything about it in the LIVE reunion show so if it was to happen, it'd be a shock to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 am

Sounds good. Had enough of Rob and of seasons regurgitating the same contestants over and over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:57 pm

happy that fabio won in the end! just didn't really like many of the other people this season...

Reunion was shit though, too much focus on Jimmy Johnson and people who weren't out there, barely even talked with Fabio

rumour on Wikipedia that Sash offered at a tribal council to pay Jane's mortgage if she convinced the jury to vote for him, just a rumour but it could explain how he got no votes and Jane voted for him that night......

or maybe just because he was a lying, deceitful player, who was technically right...he outwitted everyone

in any case bring on Redemption Island...don't really like the idea but we'll see how it goes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:26 pm

mozza wrote:
happy that fabio won in the end! just didn't really like many of the other people this season...

Reunion was shit though, too much focus on Jimmy Johnson and people who weren't out there, barely even talked with Fabio

rumour on Wikipedia that Sash offered at a tribal council to pay Jane's mortgage if she convinced the jury to vote for him, just a rumour but it could explain how he got no votes and Jane voted for him that night......

or maybe just because he was a lying, deceitful player, who was technically right...he outwitted everyone

in any case bring on Redemption Island...don't really like the idea but we'll see how it goes

Yeah apparently the night she was voted off she brought those allegations up but CBS obviously wasn't allowed to show it. Personally I couldn't stand Sash, just a two-faced rat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 am

Surprised with the lack of Survivor chat, seeing that S22 has begun!

Firstly guys, sorry I couldn't contribute again during Nicaragua. I've been having ongoing computer issues for months and it's been driving me up the friggin' wall.

Anyways, Nicaragua was an average season, but I still enjoyed it.

I've downloaded the first episode of S22 and am about to watch it. Episode 2 is shown in the US tonight. I don't know when it will be shown on TV here, so don't read this if you can't watch it yet!

Personally, I like the Redemption Island idea. It's been used in the past in the Filipino and Israeli versions of Survivor, and I've always wondered why they hadn't used this twist in the US version. It's a lot better than the Outcasts twist in Pearl Islands. At least the players know that somebody who's been voted out will eventually return. It will add an extra dimension to the game, it may even affect the way tribes and alliances decide on who to vote out. It's good to see something different, but I wouldn't want it in every season though.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Boston Rob and Russell are back. The rumours were eventually true. They will provide a good season to watch, but I'm sick to death of returning contestants. The show can survive without them. Hopefully they don't hog all of the airtime. And I know what the producers have done to prevent them from being the first two voted out. Rolling Eyes Despite that, I'll be extremely surprised if either of them win.

I've watched all of the castaways' bio videos, so I'll post my first impressions and thoughts on them before I watch the first episode. It's not the most diverse cast ever but there are some good characters, potential key players and a good batch of hot chicks.

Rob's Tribe (Ometepe)
Andrea - Cute blonde girl. Raised on a farm and says she's hunted and shot seven deer. She's a real outdoors person and says she's not afraid to get stuck into work and get her hands dirty. Sounds good, but it seems as though there are a few girls here that have that same mentality. She may surprise, I hope she lasts a while because of the eye candy, but I get the feeling that if she's not in a strong alliance, she'll be voted out early.

Ashley - Another hot blonde chick. Also raised on a farm, she's a beauty pageant queen, a nurse, and also played basketball professionally in Europe. She's the total package. I've got high hopes for her, because it seems like she isn't just good looks. She's the type that will be strong both socially and in challenges. I really think she'll do some damage.

Francesca - The African-American chick, mid-30s, attorney. Even before the game's begun she says that she's already got an opinion of everyone and given them all a nickname. Enjoys trash-talking and makes a big deal about harassing people in school. She seems like she's smart, but also very opinionated, and that may get her in some hot water. Seems like she'll be some sort of villain, but not in the immature "ghetto-trash" way like Na'Skanka and Yasmin in recent past. If she can't keep her mouth shut, she'll be out very early.

Grant - The dreadlocked bloke, yoga instructor, had a short stint in the NFL. He says he's looking forward to when times get tough to test his mental strength. I can see him aligning with Boston Rob, as he says that he's his favourite Survivor. Seems like a likeable guy, who'll be strong in challenges. I get the feeling that his physical game may outweigh his strategic game and he may end up being too nice for his own good. But what do I know?

Kristina - One of the older women, a law student in her 40s, has an autistic son. She takes being called a pitbull as a compliment, and that cries villain to me. I get the impression that she will be a key strategic player in this season, as she ain't stupid. It seems to me that she's quite arrogant and will rub some people the wrong way, and that could count against her if she makes it to the end. I think she'll be one of those players who people either love or hate, with no one in between.

Matt - a.k.a Fabio 2.0. He wants to give off the impression that he's a goofy free spirit that doesn't know what he's doing. Remind you of somebody? He says that he struggles being around the same people for long periods of time. Because of that, I don't know whether he'll become a key player or not. The thing that made Fabio so good was because he was unique. I hope this guy doesn't turn out to be a carbon copy.

Natalie - At 19, she's the youngest girl to ever play Survivor. Even younger than "Kelly Who", a.k.a Purple Kelly. She's a member of some dance group, and is willing to play the flirt card. Because of her age, she'll be underestimated and won't be considered as a threat, but I reckon she will surprise some people. She doesn't seem as naive and weak-minded like Purple Kelly.

Phillip - The big black dude. He's the oldest castaway this season at 52. Was in the army, then became a special agent with the Department of Defence. It looks like he doesn't fit the trend of black guys with no social game, like James. With his background he has the potential of being a very strategic player but I feel that he's either gonna last a while, or get voted out early.

Russell's Tribe (Zapatera)
David - The guy in the suit. He's a defenses attorney for high profile crimes, and has the highest IQ of any Survivor castaway. He says that during school, his parents put him into a program which would tell him what career he was fit for, and his options were a king, president or attorney, and he chose the latter. He also says that he'll have to bring himself down to everybody else's level. He's a conceited prick, but will provide good entertainment. With his strategic prowess, I think he'll go deep.

Julie - The oldest woman this season, a 50 year-old firefighter. She's struggling with an ugly divorce, paying alimony and child support, and is on the show purely to win the money for her kids. Because of this I think she'll be one of the fan favourites, someone that many will want to root for. She seems like a "don't take no crap" kind of person. Being built like a brick-shithouse, her strength will lie in the challenges. One thing to point out, she's one of the very few in this cast that is a fan of Russell.

Krista - This girl looks exactly like Samoa winner Natalie White. She has the same southern drawl in her voice. She even has the same occupation. And she's on Russell's tribe. I think the differences end there though. She's made it clear that she hates Russell, so I don't think she'll be his pawn. She seems nice, but all she is in my eyes right now is eye candy. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes far, but I wouldn't be surprised if she goes early. Pretty much the same thing I said to myself about Natalie before Samoa began.

Mike - One of this season's alpha males. He's a former marine and spent time in Iraq. Seems to me like he's a very likeable, so he won't have trouble getting people on his side. If he can make it to the merge, he may become a huge threat because of that likeability factor and physical strength. Gives me the impression that he's like a younger version of Tom Westman, very honourable. Possible fan favourite?

Ralph - One of my pre-season favourites. Just the way he talks is hilarious. He's a good ol' farmer from the South with a real positive outlook on life. Reminds me a lot of Big Tom as far as lifestyle goes, a real hard worker. He's an applicant, meaning he's a true fan of the game, unlike many who are recruited by the producers these days. I don't know how he'll go strategically, but I really hope he lasts a long time due to his entertainment value.

Sarita - This chick's a bit on the eccentric side. Her family lived in a yurt (nomadic tent) in the hills. She looks like she's got good social skills, but she aims to play the game completely with her heart. Everybody knows you need to play with your head if you want to win. She seems like a bit of a wildcard if you ask me.

Stephanie - Another of the hot chicks. She apparently starred in some short horror film called Zombie Hunter. I think she could be a bit of a loose cannon. She know the game well but is very opinionated and unintentionally offends people. Once again I wouldn't be surprised if she lasts 3 days or 39 days. I also wouldn't be surprised if she is the girl that Russell tries to tuck under his wing.

Steve - Another former NFL player, with a career spanning 13 seasons. Apparently he was in the same Dallas Cowboys squad that included Gary Hogeboom from Survivor Guatemala. He seems very likeable, but will most probably have to play the game like his former team-mate. He'll be targeted as a physical threat, and will have to keep his past a secret. After calling Russell a "little idiot" in his bio interview, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a personality clash there.

Another factor, especially early on will be who gets along with Rob and Russell. The people who don't may be looking at an early boot simply because they clash. Remember, these first impressions and predictions could turn out to be completely wrong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:37 am

Anybody else been watching?

In my opinion this has been one of the best starts to a season of Survivor for a while. And we've had some great seasons recently. Two fantastic opening episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Pat Macrack wrote:

In my opinion this has been one of the best starts to a season of Survivor for a while. And we've had some great seasons recently. Two fantastic opening episodes.

Yeah I've watched both and liked them thus. Philip is gold. Amazing how spot on some of your predictions were before you'd seen episode 1. I'd already seen episode 1 when I read it and was thinking to myself how the hell is he getting all this right. Great read too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Pat Macrack wrote:

Yeah I've watched both and liked them thus. Philip is gold. Amazing how spot on some of your predictions were before you'd seen episode 1. I'd already seen episode 1 when I read it and was thinking to myself how the hell is he getting all this right. Great read too.
Gee, thanks man. Some of them were way off though!

Mate, where do I start? Phillip's had me in stitches! From the Lion and the Gorilla, to Francesqua, Francquesqua and Fr-Fra-Francelska...seriously, he mispronounced her name five different ways during the first tribal! I really hope he hangs around for a while.

Before I watched, I didn't think he'd be a memorable player. If you watched his pre-game bio video, you'd find that he didn't give off any vibes that he'd be this huge character. He kinda reminds me of Jimmy T from last season. He seems like he's got good intentions, but he goes about it completely the wrong way. "Excuse me!", "Rob, step over here"...I think it comes from being in a position of authority, but the way he demands things from people, won't make him any friends.

I kinda feel sorry for Kristina. She had an awesome plan with the immunity idol, but both "Francesqua" and Phillip ruined it. But she really alienated herself from the tribe almost immediately, so she's really behind the eightball. Unless there's a tribe shuffle, I think her days will be numbered.

The rest of Ometepe looks up to Boston Rob like he's some sort of god. Ashley's my girl. As I said previously, as long as she lays low early, I think she'll do really well.

I'm a bit surprised that Rob targeted Fabio 2.0 in episode 2. Sure, he's playing from experience, but I really don't think Andrea and Matt would have made a power couple. Matt seemed like a good guy and a good sport, but he might have been too nice for his own good. I think he shook hands with the other tribe at the wrong time. Maybe he should have left it until after they'd at least won a challenge. It made Rob come off like a jerk, but I think he exaggerated it, just to use it as an excuse to vote him out. And "Aww...poor Andrea". I think she's on her own now.

Now to the purple tribe. As much as I love Russell, I'm beginning to grow tired of watching him play the exact same game for the third time. He says that "Ah've gotta do what's gonna get me to the end", but this time it's almost certain that it's not gonna get him to the end.

Ralph's a fucking legend. Laughing He's looks like he's really got some game. Apart from him finding the idol and the birth of Dumbass Girl Alliance III, not much story has developed on Zapatera. I'm surprised they haven't shown much of Julie, I thought they'd portray her in a similar way to Jane last season, as an underdog. Mike seems like a good bloke, David's playing it cool and we've seen almost nothing of Steve.

The duel on Redemption Island will be interesting...Francesqua vs Fabio 2.0. By the looks of it it's some sort of "use-a-long-pole-to-reach-a-key" challenge. Can't wait for episode 3.

Sorry this post has turned into a novel, but it's just great to have somebody to talk Survivor with, so cheers Sparky!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 am

Either of you fellas got links to the first two episodes?(Believe there have been two so far).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion