HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ashes
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Ashes wrote:
New I shouldn't have looked through the pictures got a massive spoiler so don't if you don't want to be spoiled.

But it looks like a great cast I hope that rupert finally gets the win he deserves no doubt boston Rob will stop him though.

SHIT!

I've just realized as well about the website. Sorry about that mate.

Meh it's fine can't really say what I wanna say without spoiling it for others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Helen turned bitter as, and when Ted called Clay an "ignorant-southern-redneck-hillbilly", well that just sent me into laughter spasms lol
When Ted asks him to define what a racist person is, Clay's answer was hilarious - "A racist person tries to belittle someone, whether their black, white, brown, pink or purple, whatever." Laughing

In fact most of his answers to the jury were hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Ashes wrote:
New I shouldn't have looked through the pictures got a massive spoiler so don't if you don't want to be spoiled.

But it looks like a great cast I hope that rupert finally gets the win he deserves no doubt boston Rob will stop him though.

SHIT!

I've just realized as well about the website. Sorry about that mate.

is it something in the pic u posted ? Cause I don't wanna look at it again if it is. The Rupert-Rob statemente above gives me some ideas of it though. Sad lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 am

has there ever been a tie in the finale?
i think it would be ridiculously anticlimactic to watch it all only to see a draw
I thought making the jury 8 instead of 7 was silly because of this possiblity, then making final threes even sillier cause that could end in a tie regardless of how many jury members there were
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 am

CHORUS wrote:
i think it would be ridiculously anticlimactic to watch it all only to see a draw
I thought making the jury 8 instead of 7 was silly because of this possiblity, then making final threes even sillier cause that could end in a tie regardless of how many jury members there were
No, there's never been a tie at a finale. More often than not there's somebody there who didn't deserve to have made it to the end, or somebody that the jury simply doesn't like.

The jury has almost always been seven people, but on a couple of occasions, it's been nine.

There's only ever been a jury of 8 people once, and that was on Fans vs Favourites, which of course had a final two. Luckily there was no tie though, although I was pissed off about who won.

I'm sure they'll never have a jury with an even number of people again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
No, there's never been a tie at a finale. More often than not there's somebody there who didn't deserve to have made it to the end, or somebody that the jury simply doesn't like.

The jury has almost always been seven people, but on a couple of occasions, it's been nine.

There's only ever been a jury of 8 people once, and that was on Fans vs Favourites, which of course had a final two. Luckily there was no tie though, although I was pissed off about who won.

Let's hope not. And let's hope it stays at final twos, and an odd number of people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:49 am

CHORUS wrote:
Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Let's hope not. And let's hope it stays at final twos, and an odd number of people.
Definitely mate. The jury must always be seven people if you ask me. It always works. And I'm also not the biggest fan of final threes.

It's like the producers didn't even think of what could possibly happen if there was (A) a final three with a nine-person jury, or (B) a final two with an eight-person jury. Doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Definitely mate. The jury must always be seven people if you ask me. It always works. And I'm also not the biggest fan of final threes.

It's like the producers didn't even think of what could possibly happen if there was (A) a final three with a nine-person jury, or (B) a final two with an eight-person jury. Doesn't make sense.

Even with eight or seven people juries it could end a tie like 3-3-2 and 3-3-1
also they love going to islands dont they might be diff countries but they all lookt he same so why dont they come back and do another australian one? like up in the NT or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 am

CHORUS wrote:
also they love going to islands dont they might be diff countries but they all lookt he same so why dont they come back and do another australian one? like up in the NT or something?

Yeah, there have been eight seasons in the Pacific islands alone, while they've also had three seasons based in the Pearl Islands.

And I agree. Another season in Australia would be great, or even another one in Africa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Yeah, there have been eight seasons in the Pacific islands alone, while they've also had three seasons based in the Pearl Islands.

And I agree. Another season in Australia would be great, or even another one in Africa.

Yep. Just cause the country that owns the island is different doesnt make it unique.
seems like 2 in eveyr 3 seasons is out on one of those islands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:45 pm

True about Bret being under the radar aint it
i just saw him
speaking on screen, and i gotta say i have NEVER seen him
before lol whys he get so little coverage
maybe hes just Boring lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashes
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah he's been pretty below the radar. But did well to win the last two immunitys. Can't wait for the final episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Hes only won one that i saw- second episode of the dohbleheader coming no spoilers ppl! Lol
its good they just knocked iff two people in one episode gets fristrating to wait a week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 am

thank goodness Shambo is out.
prety self absorbed woman IMO
lol when she only let a few coconuts out it was all skill but when someone else does it its luck LOL

the previews for Heroes and villians kinda gives away the outcome of this series tho. Sad

I wish survivor (or ch9, whoever does it) would be more careful with what they show in their ads for future episodes/seasons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 am

CHORUS wrote:
the previews for Heroes and villians kinda gives away the outcome of this series tho. Sad

I wish survivor (or ch9, whoever does it) would be more careful with what they show in their ads for future episodes/seasons

Lucky I haven't seen those previews then. I always turn away when Nine make their own previews. They're terrible at them. Especially when they show a scene from Tribal Council, they pretty much show you who wins immunity in that episode.

For example, when they were saying that Russell produces one of the biggest backstabs in history (which was a massive exaggeration). They show the TC scene, and the first thing I said to myself was "Well we know that Jaison wins immunity then..."

They've done that so many times. It pisses me off so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:06 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Lucky I haven't seen those previews then. I always turn away when Nine make their own previews. They're terrible at them. Especially when they show a scene from Tribal Council, they pretty much show you who wins immunity in that episode.

For example, when they were saying that Russell produces one of the biggest backstabs in history (which was a massive exaggeration). They show the TC scene, and the first thing I said to myself was "Well we know that Jaison wins immunity then..."

Yeah Channel 9 is a joke at that. It's why I watch it online as well. Most times, they don't show the preview for next week so I never know what's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Art Vandelay
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Yeah Channel 9 is a joke at that. It's why I watch it online as well. Most times, they don't show the preview for next week so I never know what's going to happen.
One time the TV Guide's entry for Survivor All Stars was: Ethan is voted out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

yeah I noticed that one too.

in the earlier first few seasons of the show you could also tell who was out before the end of the vote because they used to show more votes, and didnt bother to have Jeff show the ones shown on TV first, the way they do these days. so you could count in your head how many more you already knew for a person that still ahdnt shown up and know who was gone with 2-4 votes still left in the bucket (or whatever it is), just by recognisign the writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:27 am

anyone think it would be an idea to bring back the 'outcasts' concept at some point? switching tribes and stuff throws spanners in the game, surely we all remember the outcasts and how that worked? was v interesting stuff.

another idea i think would be good is that in the tribal stages, when a tribe wins, they can send a member of theirs that night to watch the other tribes' council.
or the 'leader' of the wining tribe gets to nominate a member of their choice from the losing tribe as having immunity from that nights council.
just some ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Art Vandelay
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

CHORUS wrote:
anyone think it would be an idea to bring back the 'outcasts' concept at some point? switching tribes and stuff throws spanners in the game, surely we all remember the outcasts and how that worked? was v interesting stuff.

another idea i think would be good is that in the tribal stages, when a tribe wins, they can send a member of theirs that night to watch the other tribes' council.
or the 'leader' of the wining tribe gets to nominate a member of their choice from the losing tribe as having immunity from that nights council.
just some ideas.
The outcasts twist is never coming back. The contestants hated it and resented those let back in, and Probst also despised it.

The ideas in your second paragraph have happened before. There's been a few occasions where opposing tribes have sat in on, or had a member sit in on tribal council. From memory, they've given immunity to an individual twice:
1. In Vanuatu it was a non event, as John deliberately gave immunity to someone (Ami) who he knew wasn't going to get votes. John was stupid as he got to spend the better part of the day with the tribe, but learned and influenced nothing.
2. In Palau both tribes had to vote somebody out, but the winner of the challenge got to sit in on the other tribe's vote, enjoy the spoils of war (beef stew) and vote as a tribe to give individual immunity. The Koror Kidz won and voted to save Ibrahem. Ulong, being pathetic and having no backup plan, voted 2-2-1 with Angie going home on the revote. Ulong then lost another 3 immunities to complete the clean sweep, becoming the only tribe to be annihilated rather than merged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 am

LOL
damnit.
I remember the Ibrahim series but didnt pay much attention. That's when I started to lose attention, cause one tribe just wiped the other out, it was pathetic lol. I mustve missed that twist. Thats the Tom series, right?

I didnt like the outcasts either, but it was an interesting twist.
Oh well. I'm sure they'll come up with something new soon.
It doesn't appear the series is dying anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 am

CHORUS wrote:
LOL
damnit.
I remember the Ibrahim series but didnt pay much attention. That's when I started to lose attention, cause one tribe just wiped the other out, it was pathetic lol. I mustve missed that twist. Thats the Tom series, right?

Yes, that was Palau, one of my favourite seasons, even though Ulong was the most pathetic tribe ever. Some great people on that series.

The Outcasts from Pearl Islands was easily the worst twist to ever grace the show. Plus it brought back Burton, who like Fairplay, was an arse, but more manly; and Lill, one of the most undeserving finalists ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:48 am

Pat Macrack wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
LOL
damnit.

Yes, that was Palau, one of my favourite seasons, even though Ulong was the most pathetic tribe ever. Some great people on that series.

The Outcasts from Pearl Islands was easily the worst twist to ever grace the show. Plus it brought back Burton, who like Fairplay, was an arse, but more manly; and Lill, one of the most undeserving finalists ever.

Lill irritated me more than Burton. extremely undeserving. the most annoying thing was she carried herself and talked as if she was deserving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Some very shocking news on the Survivor front.

Earlier this week, Palau contestant Jenn Lyon sadly lost her long battle with breast cancer. She was only 37 years of age. No

I remember she was diagnosed with the cancer just after the show had been filmed. She made the final four in Palau, and was only eliminated in a fire-making tiebreaker. She may have been overshadowed by other people from that season, but Jenn was a real sweetheart.

Gone, but not forgotten. Rest in Peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Yeah I remember her. Shocking news.

R.I.P. Jenn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Thread - (SPOILERS THREAD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum