HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Forum

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 am

I just found a gif that i think should be implemented on the site as new post on and off gifs

This would be the off gif which means no new posts

and this is the on gif that means new posts

Ofcourse it is just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:45 am

And for those who are colour-blind ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 am

.....and what's wrong with the current ones?
Don't fix what ain't broke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 am

i like it, looks cool and adds that extra touch to the forum that makes it unique.

get on that i say Panthers, although maybe make it a more fluro colour like we have now to make it stand out more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jennings
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 am

yeah I would like that with a red or something
but like liam bombers said don't fix it If it ain't broke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 am

its bit plain and boring as it is, this adds the extra feel that it is the final whistle, the whislte is a good idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 am

TGBY wrote:
its bit plain and boring as it is, this adds the extra feel that it is the final whistle, the whislte is a good idea

That's what i thought when i saw the whistle,just adds that extra spice to the site and after all the site is the final whistle.
Back to top Go down
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 am

Cynic wrote:
Obviously the picture can be edited
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:50 am

Like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 am

Is there a whole set? For like new topic etc, that just suit it sorta?

Like for example when you add a skin on forumotion, you get the default buttons for 'New Reply' 'Post Reply' etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 am

kingkingston wrote:
Cynic wrote:
Obviously the picture can be edited

and for those who are colour blind, they couldnt have handled the old gifs anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Is there a whole set? For like new topic etc, that just suit it sorta?

Like for example when you add a skin on forumotion, you get the default buttons for 'New Reply' 'Post Reply' etc.
you can find new icons everywhere on the net for free
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:21 am

Im bored, so I'll do a set even if they're not used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 am

i like them.
tying in with the whole Final Whistle theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am

I would be keen to see what they would look like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Not a single response from admin on this?

The number of posts seems to have really dropped off the past 6 months, it would be good to see admin a bit more proactive with some of these suggestions.

I mean Stoke even offered to make a set of customised buttons, why not take him up on that?

I still maintain that the best way to attract new members is to offer streaming matchday coverage of games (we did this for a while), and require them to register to view. Even if only 5% of them started posting regularly, it would still be a significant boost given the numbers we had viewing those streams on occassions.

www.nrlfix.com.au have been very succesfull over the past few months. Originally it was just a streaming site, then it added a forum and required registration, and then a few weeks later required a minimum of 50 posts for members to view the games being shown. It has really taken off, and I think with the right attitude this place could too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Agree with the possible idea of streaming live sports.

Most users ever online was 407 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 am

I think that was when we were streaming something and hundreds visited the site. Even if just a couple of people join up it will expose the site even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeh definintely Rog, I think a few guys posted the link on a couple of justin tv chatboxes and all of a sudden the guest numbers sky rocketed!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm going to have a talk with the admin and mods regarding this and other issues about the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Cheers mate, appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Something should probably be done, because in terms of posts we are well on track for our lowest month in the past year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Agree with both SBW and Roger.

We really do need some new members. I know 3-4 months ago we made a huge push to get more members and it worked very well, two members of note are Tank and CHORUS (sorry if I've missed a couple of others) but we still need more.

I think the LIVE streaming of games is a fantastic idea. Also, if we are to go in that direction, then I think it's important that we don't just stream the mainstream sports (AFL, NRL & Cricket).

Here are a few sports I think we should target for new members, and also why.

- Basketball: The new NBA season is just a couple of months away. It's been a massive off-season with LeBron James going to Miami along with Chris Bosh, plus many more big moves. Now is the time to take advantage of this and get new members now before the new season starts.

- Football: While the A-League talk seems OK, the EPL talk is slowly dwindling and there is absolutely no talk about La Liga, Serie A or the Bundesliga. These are the Leagues where we need more fans as they'll surely know quite a bit about the EPL already.

- Rugby Union: I didn't realize how bad the Union section was for talk until Hendo brought it to my attention. There is next to no Union talk, and considering the Tri-Nations has just been on, that's very poor. I know Australia is going to Europe (probably NZ too) for their European tours. Again, now is the times to capitalize on this.

- Tennis: During the Australian Open, the discussion is great. We even make threads for each day. But for the other three Grand Slams, and also the Masters 1000 tournaments, there isn't as much chatter as there should be. The time to recruit is before late-December when the Australian summer of tennis begins.

- US Sport: The College Football and NFL season have just started. I know of a couple of forums that we could use to advertise on, although as I'm a sort of established member, I'd rather not use my name so if someone else wants to spam the websites, but with not just advertising the Forum, but also saying a little bit about it. Don't say TFW is the only place, say it's just another good place to talk sport. Also, there is no MLB chatter, but I don't think it's a big issue.

Five Good Places To Advertise:

1. Facebook - Through certain Facebook groups. Make sure you try and use ones with plenty of fans and also target certain sports stars fan pages (Nadal and Federer for example).
2. Yahoo! Answers - We've also got quite a few members from here, more would be good. Usually the US sport section is a good audience to target. They know their stuff.
3. The Gridiron Palace - One of the new Forums I signed up for. Not sure if there's much NFL chatter, but I'd assume there's quite a lot. There isn't much College Football chatter, but still, it's worth trying for both.
4. Kanye LIVE - This is a fan forum of Kanye West. It's mostly centered around Hip-Hop music, but there's plenty of sub-sections and talk of sport or TV shows. Plus, there's a huge amount of members it's absolutely ridiculous how many.
5. Big Footy - Worth a try for sure.
6. Other - If anyone knows of other forums to target, please do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Agreed with your post, Sparky. We're dropping fast and we need to push this thing. So much potential here, can't let it go to waste. The potentials the reason I came back here.

However, one point:

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

2. Yahoo! Answers - We've also got quite a few members from here, more would be good. Usually the US sport section is a good audience to target. They know their stuff.

Having been a former member of the Yahoo!Answers crowd myself, who got recruited here (yes, Teal, by you, well done, pat on the back for you), I can say the decent quality people pool over there is rather shallow. I tried recruiting in their basketball section at one point. Unfortunately, the only member of note that attempt attracted was our old friend Koolish. Not a great hit rate, unfortunately.

You want 20 pages of chatter in the basketball section of:

"Kobe's the best of all-time"
"No, LeBron is"
"No, you fool, Kobe is, are you blind dude"
"Go F*** your mother, asshole"
"Hey guys! Aren't you forgetting MJ?"
"Pfft! That old has-been. Forget it. Kwame Brown could beat him"

and so on. Then, recruit at Y!A and Facebook. Admittedly, some of it is quite humorous. If not, I'd look for other avenues, personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:42 am

Yea, the forum is going on a downhill slide at the moment.

Collingwood plays Geelong in one of the most hyped finals of the year on Friday and there should be a heap of discussion about it and yet, currently no-one has made a thread for it.

Also whats with all the sweeps going on? seriously every time I look at the recent posts there is always a new one - NRL Finals, NBA, Bathurst ect, people say they help get others involved in the sport, but i've never seen any of the "fillers" get active in the sports discussion other then "hows team x going".

In regards to the Stream Idea if we do go down that parth you've got make it so people don't just sign up to watch them and not post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 am

Umm Svoer the motorsport section is dying tbh, really someone should get rid of it tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   

Back to top Go down

The Forum
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Final Whistle News :: Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum