HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Forum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:10 am

Svoerman wrote:
Yea, the forum is going on a downhill slide at the moment.

Collingwood plays Geelong in one of the most hyped finals of the year on Friday and there should be a heap of discussion about it and yet, currently no-one has made a thread for it.

Also whats with all the sweeps going on? seriously every time I look at the recent posts there is always a new one - NRL Finals, NBA, Bathurst ect, people say they help get others involved in the sport, but i've never seen any of the "fillers" get active in the sports discussion other then "hows team x going".

In regards to the Stream Idea if we do go down that parth you've got make it so people don't just sign up to watch them and not post.

Agreed. Make it so that they HAVE to post.

Ablett29 wrote:
Umm Svoer the motorsport section is dying tbh, really someone should get rid of it tbh.

For the F1 races it's pretty good. It could be better though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 am

Svoerman wrote:

Also whats with all the sweeps going on? seriously every time I look at the recent posts there is always a new one - NRL Finals, NBA, Bathurst ect, people say they help get others involved in the sport, but i've never seen any of the "fillers" get active in the sports discussion other then "hows team x going".

Yeah agree big time with you on that Svoerman, I was looking at the Latest Topics column scrolling on the right hand side of the screen the other day and I think 18 out of 20 them were either Draft, Manager, Sweep or some other type of game like that. They don't spur on any discussion at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Ablett29 wrote:
Umm Svoer the motorsport section is dying tbh, really someone should get rid of it tbh.

Yea but theres no discussion on anyother motorsport championship in the world and there is no disscussion on NASCAR,LeMans endurance,V8supercars,motogp/WorldSBK,WRC.
^ and all these sports are on FTA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:42 am

Ablett29 wrote:
Yea but theres no discussion on anyother motorsport championship in the world and there is no disscussion on NASCAR,LeMans endurance,V8supercars,motogp/WorldSBK,WRC.

That's because all these forms of Motorsport suck.

F1 is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Ablett29 wrote:

That's because all these forms of Motorsport suck.

F1 is where it's at.

That was just the worst call sparky no offence

Motorsports in terms of watchability
1.Formula 1
2.Nascar
3.V8 Supercars
4.MotoGP
5.LeMans
6.WRC
7.World SBK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 am

Ablett29 wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Ablett29 wrote:

Considering how much you bag V8's....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:06 am

Ablett29 wrote:

1.Formula 1
2.Nascar
3.V8 Supercars
4.MotoGP
5.LeMans
6.WRC
7.World SBK.

It's not a call, it's my opinion. Apart from F1, I can't stand any other form of motorsport.

For you to have NASCAR as second on your list when all they do is actually go in an oval for 300-400 laps showing the lack of entertainment apart from F1 in motorsport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 am

]
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Ablett29 wrote:

1.Formula 1
2.Nascar
3.V8 Supercars
4.MotoGP
5.LeMans
6.WRC
7.World SBK.

It's not a call, it's my opinion. Apart from F1, I can't stand any other form of motorsport.

For you to have NASCAR as second on your list when all they do is actually go in an oval for 300-400 laps showing the lack of entertainment apart from F1 in motorsport.

Lack of entertainment
Howcome i can watch a 400 mile race, where as i cant watch a 180 mile F1 race flag to flag

heres some hilights from the Coke Zero 400
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:46 am

Ablett29 wrote:
]Lack of entertainment
Howcome i can watch a 400 mile race, where as i cant watch a 180 mile F1 race flag to flag

heres some hilights from the Coke Zero 400

You're a rare breed.

And no, I'll be right thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:49 am

I like the streaming idea. ive been using atdhe.net/ and iraqgoals mostly to watch the NFL or even some league
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:54 am

Dude, its his opinion... Nascar is shit to watch in long periods as you have to wait 30 - 45 mins for 1 crash. Hence why its very boring.

Also I didn't say anything about motorsport in my post :S, but yea other then F1 I can't watch other motorsport in long periods.

In regards to the forum. I've also noticed that in more posts people arn't giving any opinion, just recapping what happened.

eg
liam_bombers wrote:
Dolphins beat the Buccaneers 10-7 at Sun Life Stadium. Tampa Bay were leading at quarter time 7-0 but Miami hit back, scoring a field goal in the 2nd. Then finally in the 3rd Hilliard ran it in from 2 yards to score our first and only Touchdown to give us the lead. The Bucs almost got a TD, Carpenter passed it deep to Brooks, he caught the ball and ran to the 10 but fumbled it and Jones recovered the ball for us.

The Phins ran out the clock and were lucky to kick start the pre-season with a win.

other then "lucky" theres no opinion in that post, and TBH if i wanted a recap of something I would go to the foxsports website.

*i just saved that post from awhile ago - sorry liam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 am

^ um svoer i wasnt trying to change sparky's mind if that's what your trying to imply, i was trying to say nascar is a very good form of motorsport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am

You were trying to prove your point... thus attempting to change his mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 am

NASCAR is horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:20 am

Svoerman wrote:
Dude, its his opinion... Nascar is shit to watch in long periods as you have to wait 30 - 45 mins for 1 crash. Hence why its very boring.

Also I didn't say anything about motorsport in my post :S, but yea other then F1 I can't watch other motorsport in long periods.

In regards to the forum. I've also noticed that in more posts people arn't giving any opinion, just recapping what happened.

eg
liam_bombers wrote:
Dolphins beat the Buccaneers 10-7 at Sun Life Stadium. Tampa Bay were leading at quarter time 7-0 but Miami hit back, scoring a field goal in the 2nd. Then finally in the 3rd Hilliard ran it in from 2 yards to score our first and only Touchdown to give us the lead. The Bucs almost got a TD, Carpenter passed it deep to Brooks, he caught the ball and ran to the 10 but fumbled it and Jones recovered the ball for us.

The Phins ran out the clock and were lucky to kick start the pre-season with a win.

other then "lucky" theres no opinion in that post, and TBH if i wanted a recap of something I would go to the foxsports website.

*i just saved that post from awhile ago - sorry liam

I posted that so the forum wouldn't look so dead and to keep up the discussion in the thread. Posting recaps is better than not posting at all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 am

a_F_c wrote:
NASCAR is horrible.

agreed hahaha

and everyone just chill.... how many times have we said that the forum was going to die and it didnt. i like the ideas but changing the icon of topics doesnt do anything for that.

hosting streams would be cool but the problem is that it wont come up when you search on google.

my mate told me that there is a way to get better google search hits but i didnt understand haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:03 am

Trying to get on more but on ten-week teaching prac so been a bit busy the last three months.
WIsh I had some more ideas for TFW advertising but I gotta second that YA probably isn't the best quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Just looking up the stats, we're halfway through September yet the amount of topics and posts in this month are not even close to half of what they were last month. I wasn't here around the early days of TFW, but guys like Sibs, C10, Stoke and the like with massive post counts are anonymous these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 am

I am glad the NFL thread is getting lots interest, we have lots of guys who don't know too much jumping in and having ago without as much criticism and biasness as the NRL thread.

I am loving every second of it.

As for improving maybe copying the banner and using it in signatures when on other forums may be a less hostile approach to promoting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Just looking up the stats, we're halfway through September yet the amount of topics and posts in this month are not even close to half of what they were last month. I wasn't here around the early days of TFW, but guys like Sibs, C10, Stoke and the like with massive post counts are anonymous these days.

In regards to the topics... It could be put down the ending of the football seasons. In essance that brings 64 new threads every month and with the finals that gets brought down to 18. Which then has a direct link with the amount of posts - However this doesn't account for all of the drop off. So it could just be a cyclical thing.

Edit: just saw the "drop off" and its alot more then I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:00 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

I am one of the ones who haven't been posting as much as I should be as of late.

I should be able to get on here more now that footy season is over for me, so I don't have training every Tuesday and Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:06 am

And teal as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 am

I think I have been the worst slider. I used to be third in the posting, and would usually post quite a lot, now I'm down to 8th because I've barely been spending time on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:09 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
I think I have been the worst slider. I used to be third in the posting, and would usually post quite a lot, now I'm down to 8th because I've barely been spending time on here.

Fair enough. It's not a criticism of you boys, it's just one of the facts. All of you used to post absolutely heaps, now all of you post significantly less. But yeah, hopefully we can get the interest in TFW going over the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 am

Someone had a thread similar to this, about this time last year 'TFW is slowly dying' or something i cant seem to find it though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forum   

Back to top Go down

The Forum
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Final Whistle News :: Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum