HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Does anyone else feel ashamed?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enforcer
Guru

PostDoes anyone else feel ashamed?

Does anyone else feel ashamed to be living in the same country as racist bogans, who believe they know EVERYTHING when it comes to race, and nationality? I find there are so many out there, while it's a minority, they are definately loud the way they go about it, the loudest in the country quite possibly too. Racist for no reason, other than to make themselves feel worthy. "Fuck off, we're full"... quite possibly the phrase that fills me with rage the most. I was living in France for 4 monthes, there are 60 million people living there, in a country roughly the same size as Victoria, yet there is still plenty of space, plenty of valleys, plenty of forests. It's like that throughout Europe. But here we are in Aus, the bogans still behind the times. I think the racist bogans, driving their noisy, loud utes are the ones who feel inferiour. End rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Does anyone else feel ashamed? :: Comments

Re: Does anyone else feel ashamed?
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:41 am by Cynic
Everyone's a little bit racist but I'll never be ashamed to be an Australian.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 am by Brenton
Then the thing that annoys me is that people then think every Aussie is like this, when only it's a small minority.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:43 am by Enforcer
I don't mean Australian, I mean to be associated with the racist bogan minority.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:45 am by Cynic
Enforcer wrote:
I don't mean Australian, I mean to be associated with the racist bogan minority.

Yeah, I get that. But non-Australians will find that an excuse to bash our beloved country so I thought I'd just add the extra bit.

Australia is no more racist than America, India or China.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:34 am by Sprooly
even though france is the size of victoria, Australia is covered by a lot of Desert, where fewer people would live for obvious reasons
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 am by Styletix
i couldnt possibly feel ashamed at the expense of some complete wankers in society.. every country has them so im personally not going to get caught up in the racist squealing thats going around. there always has been racism and there always will be, whats the point in worrying about it.

i dont mean to be cruel but i have absolutely no sympathy for those who go to other countries and complain they are being racially abused. firstly your in there country deal with it and secondly if you dont like it then fell free to find somewhere else.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:06 am by Megadeecee
Fire Up Enforcer
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 am by Caity
No what annoys me is when people stereotype Australians because of others actions. YES there is a "small minority" that are "racist bogans" but we have plenty of amazing people aswell. Great country, defs a proud Aussie.

Last edited by Caity on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 am by DB
Quote :
Poll Results

Thanks for voting, here are the results so far:

How do you feel about immigration levels?

We could welcome even more immigrants 12% (226 votes)

Things are OK as they are 11% (213 votes)

Cut immigration numbers 75% (1358 votes)

Total of 1797 votes

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/poll/display/0,22621,5043028-2682-1,00.html

Just thought i would add this to your 'F*** off we're full' spiel
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am by Enforcer
Megadeecee wrote:
Fire Up Enforcer

Because of your stupid "rant".

I'm not at all saying Australia and the majority of its citizens are the reason to be ashamed, I'm saying that minority which embarrass our nation, (maybe I should've used "embarrassed" rather than "ashamed").

It is without doubt though, that the great citizens of Aus far outweigh the racist minority.

Interesting poll there DB, very intriguing.

And Mega, I'm Slavic too, so you may as well hate me.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:33 am by Fuzzy
France have been having problems with immigration haven't they though? I remember reading they are getting huge amounts of Africans seeking asylum or sneaking into their country as is Spain and as most are Muslims its bringing a lot of tensions.

Also that is a new.com.au poll, that makes it shit automatically.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am by DB
Quote :
Australians are spooked by record high immigration, with 66 per cent of the 1000 respondents saying they want immigrant numbers capped.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/galaxy-poll-reveals-aussie-love-for-union-jack-fear-of-immigrants/story-e6frewt0-1225822900175
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 am by smashedmirror704
the fact is that most people (especially those who read News Limited papers that aren't The Australian) have no idea about immigration levels, how they break down and what they mean to Australia. The gross ignorance of so many people mean that an intelligent and informed debate about the issue is impossible on any public level, and is always reduced to "they're all terrorists and can F*** off".
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 pm by DB
you do realise that people dont want immigration any more because none of our infrastructure can catch up. electricity is going through the roof, we are running out of water and don't have the basic infrastructure like roads to keep the standard of living in Australia to the standard that we demand. the government aims at getting 190,000 people coming into the country year and i believe it is way too much and it seems a lot of other Australians seem the same way (source: polls previously posted).

now am i going to be called racist because i think we should cap immigration?
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 pm by Cynic
I have Australian terrorists in my streets who I'd like to be ethnically cleansed. Stupid hoons.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 pm by Kvltism
Dragon Bomber wrote:
you do realise that people dont want immigration any more because none of our infrastructure can catch up. electricity is going through the roof, we are running out of water and don't have the basic infrastructure like roads to keep the standard of living in Australia to the standard that we demand. the government aims at getting 190,000 people coming into the country year and i believe it is way too much and it seems a lot of other Australians seem the same way (source: polls previously posted).

I more or less agree with you. A lot of citizens in European nations are starting to hold a similar opinion also - such as Denmark, the Netherlands, Italy, etc.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm by Megadeecee
Enforcer wrote:
Megadeecee wrote:
Fire Up Enforcer

Because of your stupid "rant".

I'm not at all saying Australia and the majority of its citizens are the reason to be ashamed, I'm saying that minority which embarrass our nation, (maybe I should've used "embarrassed" rather than "ashamed").

It is without doubt though, that the great citizens of Aus far outweigh the racist minority.

Interesting poll there DB, very intriguing.

And Mega, I'm Slavic too, so you may as well hate me.

Disgraceful it's alright to claim aussie's are bogan yet when you rubbish real trouble makers your a racist/idiot/bigot/bogan if it weren't so fucked up it would be amusing.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm by Enforcer
Cynic wrote:
I have Australian terrorists in my streets who I'd like to be ethnically cleansed. Stupid hoons.

Cynic, for that post, I take my hat off to you
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm by smashedmirror704
Dragon Bomber wrote:

the polls don't reflect an informed view. A large majority (67%) of Australia's immigration is in skilled labour. One of the main economic problems that Australia constantly faces is a shortage in the labour market. These immigrants fill roles that are vital to the economic prosperity of Australia. They make you richer and they make me richer. I guess this is not the immigration you want to cut.

A smaller proportion of our immigration program is made up of the family stream, allowing the families of people already here to settle. This is necessary to attract highly skilled people to our workforce, why would they come here if they cannot bring their family?

The most divisive immigration issue seems to surround the humanitarian program. Whatever your feelings about Australia's responsibility to refugees and what that should be, the fact is that of the 190 000 migrants to this country in 2008-09, only 13 507 were refugees. It's hardly a big problem in terms of infrastructure.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 pm by Jmaculas
I see F*** OFF WE ARE FULL signs everywhere. We are one of the best countries with person-area ratio.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:23 pm by Tank
I find those "F**k off we're full" shirts/signs/etc hilarious. There are countries like Germany who are almost the same size of Victoria yet have four times the population of Australia, and we're the ones who are "full"?
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm by Brenton
If you wanna see a full country go to Japan or Taiwan

Taiwan is the most densely populated country in the world I think, it is basically an island about the size of Tassie and is all city.
Post on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:18 pm by Tank
Exactly, that's why I find it so funny when I see guys wearing those shirts when they don't even realise we're no where near "full".
Post on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 am by Fuzzy
smashedmirror704 wrote:
Dragon Bomber wrote:

the polls don't reflect an informed view. A large majority (67%) of Australia's immigration is in skilled labour. One of the main economic problems that Australia constantly faces is a shortage in the labour market. These immigrants fill roles that are vital to the economic prosperity of Australia. They make you richer and they make me richer. I guess this is not the immigration you want to cut.

A smaller proportion of our immigration program is made up of the family stream, allowing the families of people already here to settle. This is necessary to attract highly skilled people to our workforce, why would they come here if they cannot bring their family?

The most divisive immigration issue seems to surround the humanitarian program. Whatever your feelings about Australia's responsibility to refugees and what that should be, the fact is that of the 190 000 migrants to this country in 2008-09, only 13 507 were refugees. It's hardly a big problem in terms of infrastructure.
Resettlement and relocation projects also meant a lot of skilled migrants went to country areas where population numbers are only getting smaller, as most people leave moving to the big cities.

Its rather annoying that when people think if immigration they either think of boat people or the asian invasion who will steal jobs off everyone and I would like to blame News Limited and "news" shows like A Current Affair and Today Tonight for that.
Post  by Sponsored content

Does anyone else feel ashamed?

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic :: Blogs-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum