HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 am

Brett Lee has announced his retirement to Test Cricket effective immediately. He has retired from test cricket due to continuous niggling injuries, latest elbow injury.

He had a chat with best friend and recent test cricket retiree Andrew Flintoff who went through the same stage. Right now Brett Lee will focus on ODI and Twenty20 games and hope to carry on.

He will be missed in the test arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 am

top career binga.. well done mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gramsy23
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 am

good career

now just retire from all international cricket cos u won't get back into the Aussie team i'm sorry to say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 pm

What an excellent Test career. His debut will never be forgotten, it was genuine fast bowling at its best. He's currently at number four on Australia's all time Test wicket takers list, I believe (behind three legends of Australian Cricket), fantastic achievement.

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Panthers wrote:
What an excellent Test career. His debut will never be forgotten, it was genuine fast bowling at its best. He's currently at number four on Australia's all time Test wicket takers list, I believe (behind three legends of Australian Cricket), fantastic achievement.

That's a fair effort from 'Binga'. Didn't realize he took so many wickets.

I'll be honest, hated him when he first hit the scene, but he grew on me I must say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 am

lee was on the wide world of sports this morning talking about how he would like to make the 20/20 team this year and hopefully the one day side.

he was saying he still feels like he has something to offer the australian side. i personally would love to see him back. we need some experienced bowlers to help out all our young guys coming through the system and he would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am

I agree DB, I'm hoping he will be in the World Cup teams (Twenty20 and 50 overs) and hopefully he is selected for the one-dayers in the Ashes series
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah I'd love to see Lee back. Such a great bowler, we need his consistancy and leadership in the attack, plus he's a handy bat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:28 pm

id have cared if it was 2 years ago
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boomer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I think he's probably retired at the right time. Already a shadow of himself in his prime, he only risks further diminishing his reputation by staying on. A brilliant career though. Although I initially disliked him when he burst onto the scene, I've really grown to respect him and he was and still is a fantastic competitor.

Chur Binga
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career   

Back to top Go down

Brett Lee to call stumps on Test Career
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to: