HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Particularly Nasty Weather

Go down 

What would you classify yourself as?
Bubba Fett From the 80's
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Luke from the 70's
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Darth Vader from the 70's & 80's
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Storm Trooper
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
A Wookie
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Han Solo type
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
an Ewok
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I have no imagination
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
there wasn't an option for me but i wanted to vote
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
 

AuthorMessage
Megadeecee
Guru
avatar

Posts : 6119
Age : 41
Location : Bungle Bungles

20100224
PostParticularly Nasty Weather

Help me Obi-Wan kenobi your my only hope.

I watch alot of American News cause they used to be all sorts of crazy shit going on but when there's not you really notice how much they suck . Common sense seems to be in very short supply over there it seems there's 2 America's the religous people and the Hollywood People they are both crazy there just doesn't seem to be a middleground. I heard Hannity whinging about the decline of the car industry because of.... he listed a few reasons but the first one was Safety regulators . how Fucked is that money before safety . Ralph Nader had to fight em in the 60's to get Car Safety happening it was crazy before he took a stand .

Anyways although we have alot to thank the yanks for 68 years ago i believe The Allies defeated the Axis in WW2 not America Defeating Germany & Japan

Of The Main Allies this is the Percentages of people out of their populations who were killed .

Russia -13.71%
U.S. - 0.32%
United Kingdom - 0.94%
France - 1.35%

Poland -16.07% (Heaps of Jews)
Philippines - 0.92%
China - 3.66%
Netherlands -2.82%
Belguim -1.02%
New Zealand -0.67%
Australia -0.57%
India -0.42%
Canada -0.40%
South Africa -0.12%
Greece -4.31%
Burma -1.16%

Doesn't really prove much other than the fact a lot countries paid in blood for America to come in late and take the spoils. I believe America for all their Industry are only where they are (or were) because of the Spoils of war ...
Just my opinion I might be incorrect but i hate it when i hear Americans say they won WW1 & WW2 themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Particularly Nasty Weather :: Comments

avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:00 am by Fuzzy
There is common sense in America, but the people we see most of the time are; Beck, Hannity, Limbuagh, Olbermann and Palin who are the nuts and they make for entertaining "news". Even at an event like CPAC there was common sense being talked inbetween Beck and Dick Chenny's craziness.

From memory, and i may be totally off track here, but FDR tried to get the US into WW2 earlier but congress didn't want to join in a war that was really Europe's and it wasn't until Pearl Habour that war was declared. You're right to say though that they can't really say THEY won the 2 world wars, but they were vital in deciding both wars in the end.

Also, I'm a Han Solo type.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:35 am by smashedmirror704
From an imperial perspective, you can't really argue with how the United States handled their entry into both world wars. Especially with World War Two they timed it so that the Allies would win but the economies of the major powers would be in bad shape so that the US could become a superpower in the post-war world.

Sure you're dealing with people's lives but the responsibility of American politicians is to the people of America, not to Europe or Australia.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 am by Megadeecee
i don't disagree with any of it, just think it was a team victory and yes The U.S. were crucial for the victory with their Indusry support but Russia were BOG in WWII.
In WWI they turned up late with Fresh Legs after 4 yrs of carnage hardly anything to write home about although their appearance was crucial to the Germans surrending . They might have been the reason for victory but it was a team effort and i have issues with the America won the Wars nonsense.
btw i'm a Wookie
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:36 am by smashedmirror704
the winners write the history books
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:28 pm by Megadeecee
So The UK were losers were they
think i'll put you down as a Heavy breather
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:11 pm by smashedmirror704
they were losers compared to the US. In order to avoid the usual post-war economic trouble the UK poured money into capital works and social policy which almost sent them to the wall in the mid 70s. The cost of war was brutal.

The US on the other hand basically went full steam ahead and could have presided over a New World Order if not for some miserable dealings with the Soviets.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 pm by Megadeecee
You seem hellbent on lecturing me .
You've taken a very harsh line . I see it as The Poms gave up everything (The Empire) to win
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:37 pm by Megadeecee
They came away as winners if you look at it that way but they were part of a Allied effort thats all my point is.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:46 am by Sparky_Hughes
Smashedmirror, I remember watching something about World War II, and they were saying another reason the US didn't go to War earlier was because of all the Germans living their, any truth to this? Apparently there were a few million Germans living in the US at the time and so the US waited as long as possible before entering.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 am by smashedmirror704
Megadeecee wrote:
You seem hellbent on lecturing me .
You've taken a very harsh line . I see it as The Poms gave up everything (The Empire) to win

bingo, the winner in war is who loses the least. Sorry to come across as though I'm lecturing.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:02 am by smashedmirror704
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Smashedmirror, I remember watching something about World War II, and they were saying another reason the US didn't go to War earlier was because of all the Germans living their, any truth to this? Apparently there were a few million Germans living in the US at the time and so the US waited as long as possible before entering.

there were many German-Americans by the 1940s but when war broke out most were strongly pro-American and condemned the Nazis. Partly because so many of them were German Jews (Einstein for instance), they actually campaigned for the US to enter the war earlier than it did.

Generally speaking, even from before the war started, Germans in the US were keen to show how anti-Germany they were and how apple pie they could be.

So no, I wouldn't have thought so but you can't be sure of course.
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:21 am by Megadeecee
smashedmirror704 wrote:
Megadeecee wrote:
You seem hellbent on lecturing me .
You've taken a very harsh line . I see it as The Poms gave up everything (The Empire) to win

bingo, the winner in war is who loses the least. Sorry to come across as though I'm lecturing.

Thats what you say , I'd Say every country who didn't have to speak German or Japanese came out a winner
avatar
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 am by Megadeecee
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Smashedmirror, I remember watching something about World War II, and they were saying another reason the US didn't go to War earlier was because of all the Germans living their, any truth to this? Apparently there were a few million Germans living in the US at the time and so the US waited as long as possible before entering.

The US had The Isolation attitude the President wanted in but the people thought it a European war. Japan Bombed Pearl Harbour then Hitler declared War on America making it easy for the president to get involved .
Re: Particularly Nasty Weather
Post  by Sponsored content
 

Particularly Nasty Weather

Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic :: Blogs-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum