HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Humble Heroes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megadeecee
Guru

PostHumble Heroes

As someone with a family (Cousins Uncles) heavily involved with Surf Livesaving it saddens me when shit like what happened yesterday occurs.
Although yesterdays incident was a freak accident it's not like it hasn't happened before . I cannot understand how on a beach with hundreds of livesavers no-one saw this incident and wasn't till the ski washed up that people noticed a problem but i wasn't there so who knows what happened.
I do believe rough seas are part of the job but it's the supervision of events that obviously needs looking at .
I'm not involved in lifesaving (as the Movie Jaws insured my early Retirement) but as i said my greater family is so others would know more than i but i would just like to say what a great job they do and next time the they come around or are standing in the middle of the road spare a couple bucks for 'em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Humble Heroes :: Comments

Re: Humble Heroes
Post on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 am by Hendo Maroon
I was a voluntary life guard for about 5 years, just during school and uni holidays. Have rescued a couple of people before. 1 was a little girl that got out way over her head, I only had to duck dive out to her, as I could easily touch the bottom. The other was a bit more intense, some body boarder got stuck way out and I swam out with tube and fins and swam him back in. Awesome feeling. Miss those days.
Post on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:14 am by Damo
Mega you have it wrong.

The ski that accidentally hit him, the guy on it realised and raised the alarm. The kid went straight under, as the undercurrent was strong, hence why they found him far down the beach.

My dad was down there (President of local club) and he had to do some councilling etc.
Post on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 am by Megadeecee
oh okay ...well i did cover myself in there somewhere.....Sorry i jumped the gun it's easy to sit on the sideline and say what should or shouldn't happen, I let it get to me.

Good worker Hendo
Post  by Sponsored content

Humble Heroes

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic :: Blogs-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com