HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Mohammad Yousuf retires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Mohammad Yousuf retires   Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has announced his retirement from international cricket, following an indefinite ban imposed by the PCB in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia.

"I received a letter from the PCB that my staying in the team is harmful for the team, so I announce my retirement from international cricket," he said in Karachi. "I thank the fans around the world, all the senior players and family members for supporting me throughout my 12-year career.

"I always played for my country and if my playing is harmful for the team then I don't want to play," he said.

Yousuf had, last week, said he was preparing to retire and that he would make a formal announcement today. He played 88 Tests, nine as captain and scored 7,431 runs at an average of 53.07, including 24 centuries. He also scored 9,624 runs in 282 one-day internationals.

Yousuf was among seven Pakistan players penalised, for various reasons, by the PCB. He and Younis Khan were handed indefinite bans, Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan were banned for a year while Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined and placed on probation for six months.

FULL STORY - http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/453906.html

One of Pakistan's greats. Just a shame he couldn't go out on his own terms I guess.

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad Yousuf retires   Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Will always be remembered as the man with 2 names and a quality beard haha... Was a very good cricketer and will be sorely missed in the Paki set up.. All the best Yousuf Youhana.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cricket nerd
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad Yousuf retires   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 am

He was one underrated cricketer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad Yousuf retires   Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 am

Oh, didn't see this.

An absolute terrific cricketer. He was absolutely unstoppable that year he had about 3-5 years back.

Well done Mohammad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony Greig
Trainee

Location : Somewhere between England & South Africa - I haven't decided yet

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad Yousuf retires   Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 am

Great cricketer, was Mohammad Yousuf, real ornament to the game.

When we got over the nastiness, if you like, of the battles associated with world cricket, he had this ability to fix the problems and then became the great ally of Cricket in general (Pak in particular), which I think said a bit about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mohammad Yousuf retires   

Back to top Go down

Mohammad Yousuf retires
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum