HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

You know what really grinds my gears!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 am

asians
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 am

indian taxi drivers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 am

racists

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:37 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
racists
I was joking, jeez chillout. I'm not sure about jtm91 though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 am

people who aren't racist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:33 am

People who aren't racist or sexist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 am

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
racists

Mate they grind my 1st gear so much i have to vent anger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:38 am

skaters, emos and gangsta wannabes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:11 pm

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
indian taxi drivers

Doing runners from them is quality though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm

people who do runners from taxis...those poor guys are only trying to make an honest living.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:15 pm

jtm91 wrote:
SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
racists

Mate they grind my 1st gear so much i have to vent anger

we actually have a few asian members on this forum, your racist remarks are not welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Taxi Drivers full stop. Can't believe it's never come to my mind to put that on here before reading other people's references just now. Can't stand them. And I'm not singling out races.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:29 pm

what would we do with out taxis?? drive drunk?? walk home?? neither sound to appealing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
what would we do with out taxis?? drive drunk?? walk home?? neither sound to appealing.

Night rider buses (much, much cheaper).

24 hour trains on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm not trying to say they're not a necessary potential course of action at times. But the huge amount of intentional wrong turns and high disregard for road rules (Stop signs, speed limits, etc) bugs me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Night rider buses (much, much cheaper).

24 hour trains on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Simple.

haha no such thing we're I'm living mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

CHORUS wrote:
I'm not trying to say they're not a necessary potential course of action at times. But the huge amount of intentional wrong turns and high disregard for road rules (Stop signs, speed limits, etc) bugs me.

you guys must just have some asshole taxi drivers in aussie, I have never come across any of those issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

you guys must just have some asshole taxi drivers in aussie, I have never come across any of those issues.

From what I hear American ones (in particular NYC) aren't that much different to our either. Expensive here too. 45 km from Perth city to my house and it's actually cheaper to take a limo than it is to take a taxi that distance here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I've been pretty lucky with taxi drivers, I just always seem to get stuck with the talkative ones. Although I've heard a few storys from mates about drivers deliberately taking longer routes to get a little bit of extra cash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Tank wrote:
I've been pretty lucky with taxi drivers, I just always seem to get stuck with the talkative ones. Although I've heard a few storys from mates about drivers deliberately taking longer routes to get a little bit of extra cash.

I had one try take three wrong turns between my house and work when I caught it in the middle of the night once (used to do graveyard shift), a trip that's only four turns total and he screwed around on three of them trying to take the wrong turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 pm

especially when you tell them to take one route which you know for sure is quicker and they go against it and say "no we will take this one, its more quicker". Cheeky bastards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
haha no such thing we're I'm living mate.

Well in big Cities it should definitely be the option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

The majority of taxi drivers out there (Indian or otherwise) are absolutely fine. If I take a taxi, I can often have a good convo with one no problemo.

There is the odd minority though that are unpleasant... that's the same in any job mind, but because taxi drivers have gained that stereotype, you tend to hear about them more.

Taxis are bloody expensive though. Particularly Sunday nights, I've found (they seem to charge more then for some reason out this way)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:19 pm

The Broncos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
The majority of taxi drivers out there (Indian or otherwise) are absolutely fine. If I take a taxi, I can often have a good convo with one no problemo.

There is the odd minority though that are unpleasant... that's the same in any job mind, but because taxi drivers have gained that stereotype, you tend to hear about them more.

Taxis are bloody expensive though. Particularly Sunday nights, I've found (they seem to charge more then for some reason out this way)

We had one last night. We gave him around $15 up front yet he still wanted more. I'm like we'll pay you the rest when we get to our destination (all four of us were staying at the same place) and then he's like give me your card and we'll go from there, to which I'm thinking there's absolutely NO WAY I'm giving my bank card (with a helluva lot of $$$ on it) to anybody other than my Mum. So when we got to our destination, with no $$$ left, we just bailed. The guy was a prick anyway. Tried to take a dodgy route, we were onto him straight away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   

Back to top Go down

You know what really grinds my gears!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum