HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 
 

 You know what really grinds my gears!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jtm91
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3821
Age : 25
Location : Maryborough

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:29 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
The majority of taxi drivers out there (Indian or otherwise) are absolutely fine. If I take a taxi, I can often have a good convo with one no problemo.

There is the odd minority though that are unpleasant... that's the same in any job mind, but because taxi drivers have gained that stereotype, you tend to hear about them more.

Taxis are bloody expensive though. Particularly Sunday nights, I've found (they seem to charge more then for some reason out this way)

We had one last night. We gave him around $15 up front yet he still wanted more. I'm like we'll pay you the rest when we get to our destination (all four of us were staying at the same place) and then he's like give me your card and we'll go from there, to which I'm thinking there's absolutely NO WAY I'm giving my bank card (with a helluva lot of $$$ on it) to anybody other than my Mum. So when we got to our destination, with no $$$ left, we just bailed. The guy was a prick anyway. Tried to take a dodgy route, we were onto him straight away.

now sparky if you wanna be on the amazing race you gotta fix this problem with the taxi's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:17 am

jtm91 wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
The majority of taxi drivers out there (Indian or otherwise) are absolutely fine. If I take a taxi, I can often have a good convo with one no problemo.

There is the odd minority though that are unpleasant... that's the same in any job mind, but because taxi drivers have gained that stereotype, you tend to hear about them more.

Taxis are bloody expensive though. Particularly Sunday nights, I've found (they seem to charge more then for some reason out this way)

We had one last night. We gave him around $15 up front yet he still wanted more. I'm like we'll pay you the rest when we get to our destination (all four of us were staying at the same place) and then he's like give me your card and we'll go from there, to which I'm thinking there's absolutely NO WAY I'm giving my bank card (with a helluva lot of $$$ on it) to anybody other than my Mum. So when we got to our destination, with no $$$ left, we just bailed. The guy was a prick anyway. Tried to take a dodgy route, we were onto him straight away.

now sparky if you wanna be on the amazing race you gotta fix this problem with the taxi's

lol stinks to hear you got a dud Sparky but gotta admit this fom jtm is a crackup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4113
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 am

I haven't had that bad taxi ride yet, though i did get one taxi driver who decided to tell my mate and i about how indian taxi drivers were ruining the business and shouldn't be allowed in the country. But even he took a wrong turn so he shut off the meter and charged us a little less.

Most taxi drivers are fine to follow my directions rather then take their own.

I've had a few dumb ones, one didn't know where "Melbourne Central" was (its one of the busiest parts of the city) and another thought we were going to do a runner (we did get out in this dark and dank place) so he locked the doors until we paid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashedmirror704
Guru
avatar

Posts : 1454

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 am

last Saturday night (well Sunday morning at 3am or so) the taxi was out of petrol and the cabbie wanted to fill up. We were like "no worries, as long as you turn the meter off". The cabbie said of course, when he got back to the car, he'd bought us chips. Fantastic. We gave him a tip bigger than the cost of the chips. Tells you about good service I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10598
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:58 pm

The new fecking AAMI ad. Give me the car crash one any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend
avatar

Posts : 11569
Age : 26
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Every AAMI ad since that chick with the wedding ring or whatever she was yapping on about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah the new one with the close up to the chick with the huge mouth is just horrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 26
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

jtm91 wrote:
now sparky if you wanna be on the amazing race you gotta fix this problem with the taxi's



Quality mate.

Still got to find another parter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 12596
Age : 30
Location : DOG Squad

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Sparky_Hughes and his appalling taste in music.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RocknrollHendo

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 26
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Sparky_Hughes and his appalling taste in music.

You can add 3/4 of the world to that then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3473
Age : 26
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
Sparky_Hughes and his appalling taste in music.

You can add 3/4 of the world to that then.
Lol @ the Pop Fiend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 12596
Age : 30
Location : DOG Squad

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 am

Damo wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
Sparky_Hughes and his appalling taste in music.

You can add 3/4 of the world to that then.
Lol @ the Pop Fiend.

you totally just burnt yourself there sparky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3176
Age : 24
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 pm

People (moreso the female kind) who decide to flip the bird in photos. In general it annoys me, but even more when the girls sorta do this pose with one of their leg bent while they're looking down and flipping the bird with both hands. I mean, what's up wit dat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 26
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
One thing that really shits me is when you D/L a song, especially when it's a Hip-Hop song and all the swear words and bleeped out then you've got to find the 'dirty' version. Very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2664
Age : 26
Location : Stamford Bridge

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Tank wrote:
People (moreso the female kind) who decide to flip the bird in photos. In general it annoys me, but even more when the girls sorta do this pose with one of their leg bent while they're looking down and flipping the bird with both hands. I mean, what's up wit dat.

It's classy aye Razz

Shits me off too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karron
Professional
avatar

Posts : 213
Age : 31
Location : Sydney/Newcastle/Darwin

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Hahaha...classic thread, love it. I just started a blog with this kind of theme so i could say what i really think about some of the people up here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people-index/Karron%20Wyatt#/profile.php
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:33 pm

When someone smashes in your back right window and steals ya stuff while you're at your best mate's wedding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4251
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Final set tie-breakers...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 26
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Tried to install a new printer for the computer, after 90 minutes of trying had to give up because it installed then uninstalled itself. Seething.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4665
Age : 23
Location : Bendigo

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 am

iPod Touches! because I had one, it broke then they sent me a new one and after 6 weeks the replacement broke ffs. Just turned it off before going to bed, then it wouldn't turn on when I got up in the morning. Not even plugging into the charger would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10656
Age : 22
Location : Brisbane QLD

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am

Ordered an iPhone through 3...

In the email they send you it said that the delivery date was today. So I was meant to get a text about it today and then yeah... Hadn't got any about it so dad rings up 3. The chick is going on about how she doesn't know and that everyone else is busy... Then we go to the site and see that it's like an estimate delivery for like 2 weeks or something like that.

But what we are pissed off is, in the email it says that it WOULD be delivered today. They should have told us that the 15th is an estimated date and not that it would be delivered today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
a_F_c
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10316
Age : 27
Location : Brisssyyyyyy

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 am

Haha I had the same problem with 3 for my iPhone.
They said 3-5 working days, 3 weeks later it finally turns up Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
liam_bombers
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4665
Age : 23
Location : Bendigo

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 am

liam_bombers wrote:
iPod Touches! because I had one, it broke then they sent me a new one and after 6 weeks the replacement broke ffs. Just turned it off before going to bed, then it wouldn't turn on when I got up in the morning. Not even plugging into the charger would work.

Yahoo answers is a godsend. Some smart folks on there. If anyone ever has this problem, hold down the on/off and home button for 10-20 seconds. Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 pm

When the brothers just watch anime all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru
avatar

Posts : 7357
Age : 26
Location : Canberra

PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

when people dont listen in defence during touch footy. if im yelling at you to slide, freaking slide!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears!   

Back to top Go down
 
You know what really grinds my gears!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion