HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

iPhone 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:01 am

I'm just saying there's no way you should have an emergency plan that relies in any way on technology. Cause that shit is notorious for not working when you need it.

It really should be pushed by the government to get people not to rely on that in those circumstances, but they won't because they have a love affair with the phone companies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 am

I'm not at all saying we should rely solely on phones, but in times of emergency that is often the only way you can attempt to contact loved ones. It's not always about the people calling out, but the people calling into those emergency zones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 am

Styletix wrote:
I'm not at all saying we should rely solely on phones, but in times of emergency that is often the only way you can attempt to contact loved ones. It's not always about the people calling out, but the people calling into those emergency zones.

This. Now I know if you need to call 000 for something really bad you can take your sim out and then make the Emergancy call. If your family is in a lot of trouble though, in the modern days using your phone is how you contact them. You can't exactly send them a letter if you think they are involved in the floods.

A lot of my family are down in Melbourne and not many up here, so I'll be the first to say our phones were going off quite a lot during the floods asking how we werre doign and if we were in danger. Now if we didn't have reception and couldn't get back to them they would be worrying so much.

Thankfully during the whole time, we had reception at all times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 am

But if you were in an affected area, I can guarantee the last thing you'd have time for is taking a phone call from Aunt Mavis to tell her that no-one's injured. There's plenty of time for that after the dangers passed and, incidentally, the receptions back.

It's certainly nothing worth suing over, which is my main point. People out to make a fast buck in a time of tragedy, even if it is at the expense of greedy corporate bodies, makes me sick to the bone. I hope the lawsuits are abolished on the spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:27 am

TheFeldster wrote:
But if you were in an affected area, I can guarantee the last thing you'd have time for is taking a phone call from Aunt Mavis to tell her that no-one's injured. There's plenty of time for that after the dangers passed and, incidentally, the receptions back.

It's certainly nothing worth suing over, which is my main point. People out to make a fast buck in a time of tragedy, even if it is at the expense of greedy corporate bodies, makes me sick to the bone. I hope the lawsuits are abolished on the spot.

what a disgustingly pathetic comment. if you for one minute think this is about making a quick buck at the expense of losing a loved one then you are a dead set joke. im guessing you didnt hear about the mother who died in her car because she couldnt contact anyone to let them know she was stuck? her husband was waiting out merely 100 meters away, not knowing that his wife was fighting for her life. you think that when he recieved the missed calls and the msgs the next day that his first thought was to "make a fast buck in a time of tragedy"? thats a fucking disgrace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 am

Is he suing? Probably not. He's lost way too much to risk any more by going through the courts, where if the phone companies lawyers get their way he'll lose even more. He's already a single dad, and he's got enough shit on him plate that there'll be no lawsuit being filed for quite a while.

No, he's not in a position to sue. The people who sue will be rich, money-grabbing scumbags looking to take advantage of the situation and you'd be fucking naive to not realize that.

I'm met people who have sued. And they're all the same. They look for excuses to sue. I've met people who have been in position where they really should have sued. And they didn't. It's a fucked up system.

I'm not saying what happened to that woman isn't very tragic, and my heart and soul goes out to the families of the deceased. But it's not a time to sue people. What needs to happen, is people need to work together to recover. Distributing blame for a situation which was, in the end, no-one's fault, an attack by nature, is foolhardy and is only going to take things backwards, in a direction no-one wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:00 am

TheFeldster wrote:
Is he suing? Probably not. He's lost way too much to risk any more by going through the courts, where if the phone companies lawyers get their way he'll lose even more. He's already a single dad, and he's got enough shit on him plate that there'll be no lawsuit being filed for quite a while.

No, he's not in a position to sue. The people who sue will be rich, money-grabbing scumbags looking to take advantage of the situation and you'd be fucking naive to not realize that.

I'm met people who have sued. And they're all the same. They look for excuses to sue. I've met people who have been in position where they really should have sued. And they didn't. It's a fucked up system.

I'm not saying what happened to that woman isn't very tragic, and my heart and soul goes out to the families of the deceased. But it's not a time to sue people. What needs to happen, is people need to work together to recover. Distributing blame for a situation which was, in the end, no-one's fault, an attack by nature, is foolhardy and is only going to take things backwards, in a direction no-one wants.

the blame is sent to these companies for one reason and one reason only. There is absolutely no excuse for those providers to have no service in times of emergencies.. if one company like telstra takes the time and money to ensure this doesnt happen, then why cant other providers?

and for the record he will sue and he will win very comfortably. vodafone are so far buried in legal issues its embarrassing. families everywhere are finally standing up and sending a msg to these companies to say it isnt acceptable to provide such a poor service.

what you have to remember is there are plenty of quality solicitors that require no legal fees unless the case is won. and they are all chomping at the bits to take down these pathetic organisations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Well, if he does sue it's fair enough. Although, I'd daresay people in these flood affected areas will be given recommendations to purchase supplies that the bushfire people (including me) often have, including walkie talkies.

However, more than one lawsuit would be required to make phone suppliers take down the money machine that is the iPhone from the shelves.

I think the big thing about Telstra is they have the monopoly over the land lines basically, they're easily the most commonly used of the major phone carriers (despite their less than satisfactory customer service) and thus more $$$$$$$. Plus they've got the NextG network which reception-wise, I've found, is vastly superior to begin with compared to other companies.

Not defending Vodafone, 3 and co, just to clear things up, I just don't think suing people will solve anything from these floods.

Overall, I may be being a bit harsh in previous comments, but I happen to disagree with the current legal systems, with civil law being a major thorn. I'd guarantee there are some people out there suing for the sake of suing, and they're the one's I have a problem with, both in this situation and countless others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:14 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
Well, if he does sue it's fair enough. Although, I'd daresay people in these flood affected areas will be given recommendations to purchase supplies that the bushfire people (including me) often have, including walkie talkies.

However, more than one lawsuit would be required to make phone suppliers take down the money machine that is the iPhone from the shelves.
I think the big thing about Telstra is they have the monopoly over the land lines basically, they're easily the most commonly used of the major phone carriers (despite their less than satisfactory customer service) and thus more $$$$$$$. Plus they've got the NextG network which reception-wise, I've found, is vastly superior to begin with compared to other companies.

Not defending Vodafone, 3 and co, just to clear things up, I just don't think suing people will solve anything from these floods.

Overall, I may be being a bit harsh in previous comments, but I happen to disagree with the current legal systems, with civil law being a major thorn. I'd guarantee there are some people out there suing for the sake of suing, and they're the one's I have a problem with, both in this situation and countless others.

these legal issues regarding the iphone4 have been going on long before the floods. if anything the floods merely added more emphasis to the problem.

i understand your thoughts mate and i apologize for my behaviour earlier. this is just a topic thats hit a me pretty hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:24 am

Telstra didn't have uninterrupted service during the floods, all companies had service interruptions, drop outs and phones not working.

You can also call 112 a mobile emergency number, even if you don't have reception (you need reception to call 000, im pretty sure).

I don't know anything about the lawsuits, so i can't comment on them, but considering the terms and conditions (no one ever reads when they sign up), the flooding, i doubt whoever is suing is going to be a 'sure' winner. Phone companies will have the money to keep any law suits in the courts for years, or settle outside of court, which is what usually happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am

HTC Desire HD or Apple I Phone ?

Rang up Vodafone and lost it because the handset i have atm is rubbish and should never have left the shelf. It has been like that since i've had it but they always go on with the same shit like oh try this that should fix it. So i lost it at some poor asian women who i don't even no lol and she sorted out a few things for me including cancelling the last few months of my contract so i can upgrade without paying the cancellation fee. Leaning towards an IPhone since i have a Macbook and it would make things easier but the plan would be $69 a month (or $63 if i get a 16gb) That's infinite calls, txts etc but the HTC Desire plan doesn't have a phone cost i'm pretty sure, or if it does it's $5 so i would be saving abit. Atm my plan is $79 so either way i'd be paying less.

Anyone got any advice and shit cheers.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 am

Beckham wrote:
HTC Desire HD or Apple I Phone ?

Rang up Vodafone and lost it because the handset i have atm is rubbish and should never have left the shelf. It has been like that since i've had it but they always go on with the same shit like oh try this that should fix it. So i lost it at some poor asian women who i don't even no lol and she sorted out a few things for me including cancelling the last few months of my contract so i can upgrade without paying the cancellation fee. Leaning towards an IPhone since i have a Macbook and it would make things easier but the plan would be $69 a month (or $63 if i get a 16gb) That's infinite calls, txts etc but the HTC Desire plan doesn't have a phone cost i'm pretty sure, or if it does it's $5 so i would be saving abit. Atm my plan is $79 so either way i'd be paying less.

Anyone got any advice and shit cheers.

My first advice is to lose Vodafone. Failing company that is getting worse by the day. Second would be pick the Desire as it shits over the iphone. Better operating system, better customization, allows for external memory, compatible with more and it doesnt have anyway near as many faults as the iphone. Apple has embarrassed themselves bad with their latest product.

Some other phones that shit on the iphone include Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry Torch, HTC HD7 and not to mention plenty of new ones coming out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah not a fan of Vodafone but i like their plans, they seem to have the best value but that could just be me not bothering to look around, Reception has been fine lately surprisingly so maybe they have fixed that up.. IPhone 5 is coming out at the end of the year i think so i may just buy a fill in until then.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Beckham wrote:
Yeah not a fan of Vodafone but i like their plans, they seem to have the best value but that could just be me not bothering to look around, Reception has been fine lately surprisingly so maybe they have fixed that up.. IPhone 5 is coming out at the end of the year i think so i may just buy a fill in until then.

iphone5 doesnt look like being made anytime soon, very much doubt it'll be out this year.

if your looking at plans then telstra have the iphone for $69 which includes $550 calls and unlimited text. Samsung Galaxy is the $65 with the same calls/text and is easily the best phone in the country.

My overall advice would be to wait and get the Samsung Galaxy S 2 from telstra.. Its out in the next few months and is amazing. 16gb internal memory and can take up to 32gb external, 1080p resolution screen, android operating system with the most and best apps in the world, plus the best resolution screen on the market. best phone ive ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Wed May 11, 2011 11:00 am

Anyone got Optus here?

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   

Back to top Go down

iPhone 4