HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

iPhone 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeah I've been thinking about jailbreaking mine but before I do I need to send mine in. Whenever it's on vibrate, it'll just randomly vibrate when it wants. Major annoyance when I'm walking along and every step I take my phone starts going into a vibration fit.

As for the new iPhone, most of the new features you can already get through apps anyway so no need to upgrade. Although the multi-tasking feature would be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:
Excuse the ignorance but whats 'jailbreaking' your phone mean?

Also, lol at the launch in America. The bloke couldnt get on the internet to show everyone gathered what was happening Laughing

Pretty much means you get those Apps for free instead of paying for them.

how do you do that??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
socceroos06
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Styletix wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

Also, lol at the launch in America. The bloke couldnt get on the internet to show everyone gathered what was happening Laughing

how do you do that??

Don't be fooled, pretty much if it doesn't work, it fucks your iphone completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
esodays brah
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 pm

i jailbroke my itouch few days ago and its freaking awesome. Some really fun apps you should get are fruit ninja, doodle jump , street fighter 4, fifa 10 world cup.

and im pretty sure it wont completely F*** up with itouch or phone. You can just restore it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:15 am

socceroos06 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

how do you do that??

Don't be fooled, pretty much if it doesn't work, it fucks your iphone completely.

I know about 20 people who have done it and not one has had problems...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:08 am

SBW wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

how do you do that??

I know about 20 people who have done it and not one has had problems...
Same. It screwed up for one of my mates, but he just restored his iPhone and it was back to normal, re-jailbroke and it has since been fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:00 am

esodays brah wrote:
i jailbroke my itouch few days ago and its freaking awesome. Some really fun apps you should get are fruit ninja, doodle jump , street fighter 4, fifa 10 world cup.

and im pretty sure it wont completely F*** up with itouch or phone. You can just restore it.

I definitely recommend Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 pm

this phone comes out on friday.. lol to all that get it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Styletix wrote:

And iPhone 3 with the latest updates is effectively an iPhone 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Styletix wrote:

And iPhone 3 with the latest updates is effectively an iPhone 4.

very true mate only thing it lacks is a flash for the camera, tougher screen (same screen used in helicopter windscreens) with higher resolution and video calling. but apart from that all the software is the same and there really isnt any differences at all.

and get this right.. iphone4's new big selling point is video calling. however what they arent telling people is you can only video call another iphone4 and only while in a wifi area. absolutely ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

Styletix wrote:
very true mate only thing it lacks is a flash for the camera, tougher screen (same screen used in helicopter windscreens) with higher resolution and video calling. but apart from that all the software is the same and there really isnt any differences at all.

and get this right.. iphone4's new big selling point is video calling. however what they arent telling people is you can only video call another iphone4 and only while in a wifi area. absolutely ridiculous.

Wow. I didn't even know that. What a joke.

Only thing I'd add to what you also said was the iPhone 4 has a five megapixel camera but apart from that you're spot on.

If you've got an iPhone 3, there's no point upgrading. At least for a while anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Styletix wrote:

Wow. I didn't even know that. What a joke.

Only thing I'd add to what you also said was the iPhone 4 has a five megapixel camera but apart from that you're spot on.

If you've got an iPhone 3, there's no point upgrading. At least for a while anyway.

yeh your right about the 5megapixel camera. honestly i still expected more from apple as 5meg is fairly common these days in higher end phones.

also many android uses would know alot about the multi-tasking and how valuable is it. the iphone is only just being able to do that and still it fails by pausing apps when you change to another one. for example if your on facebook and recieve a txt msg, you can check the txt msg but facebook will pause and not recieve updates until you go back in it. very disappointing.

many iphone uses may notice now that the amount of apps has risen above 100,000. yes its a fair effort but 80% you have to pay for. on the other hand android technology is expecting over 100,000 aps with the next month, in which 80% of those will be free. big difference

i gotta say regardless of any features the new iphone4 can offer, it has absolutely nothing on a HTC Desire. the Desire can do everything the iphone4 can and more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 am

Styletix wrote:
yeh your right about the 5megapixel camera. honestly i still expected more from apple as 5meg is fairly common these days in higher end phones.

also many android uses would know alot about the multi-tasking and how valuable is it. the iphone is only just being able to do that and still it fails by pausing apps when you change to another one. for example if your on facebook and recieve a txt msg, you can check the txt msg but facebook will pause and not recieve updates until you go back in it. very disappointing.

many iphone uses may notice now that the amount of apps has risen above 100,000. yes its a fair effort but 80% you have to pay for. on the other hand android technology is expecting over 100,000 aps with the next month, in which 80% of those will be free. big difference

i gotta say regardless of any features the new iphone4 can offer, it has absolutely nothing on a HTC Desire. the Desire can do everything the iphone4 can and more.

What brand is the HTC Desire? Because if it's everything you say it is, the company should be doing a helluva' lot more advertising. That's one area where Apple reigns supreme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Styletix wrote:

What brand is the HTC Desire? Because if it's everything you say it is, the company should be doing a helluva' lot more advertising. That's one area where Apple reigns supreme.

HTC is the actual brand. easily the best phone brand in the country atm with the Desire believed to be the best phone. and i agree about advertising as its the one thing the company lack. its as if they spend all their money develoipng a fantastic phone that they cant afford to advertise after lol.

honestly mate if you havent already, head into you local telstra store and ask for a bit of a play with the Desire. you'll love it man.

and check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg to find the only people who would prefer the iphone4 over HTC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Why do you recon HTC are so much better? I'm deciding what to get, i've already chosen another phone over an IPhone before and i really regret doing it my phone at the moment is a piece of shit.. I've had experience with the IPhone so i'm leaning towards that but if you say these HTC' are so much better i might have to check them out.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Beckham wrote:
Why do you recon HTC are so much better? I'm deciding what to get, i've already chosen another phone over an IPhone before and i really regret doing it my phone at the moment is a piece of shit.. I've had experience with the IPhone so i'm leaning towards that but if you say these HTC' are so much better i might have to check them out.

the big reason HTC Desire is so good is it does all the things the iphone has failed to do.

* better built in processor to make it faster. although they are both 1GHz, the Desire has proven to have quicker speeds.

* better customization to practially make it do whatever you want

* more profficient apps that are prodominently free

* buying a 32gb externel memory also gives it the same memory as a high and iphone4, and overall is no more expensive

* android operating system which is the new state of the art technology that is just years before its time. nearly every phone will adopt android soon.

* iphone4 has already been found out to have poor antenna quality as well.

hardware, iphone4 probably takes the cake and so it should. but for enjoyment, customization, software features, internet access.. HTC Desire runs away with it. everyday i see people swap from iphone to HTC and rightly so imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:07 am

dont know why'd you buy it now when in 6 monthes they'll have a new one with a better antenna (my logic anyway)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 am

Bump.

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 4 tomorrow when I go visit a 3 store. I am just looking for last minute advice. If anyone has one, could you tell me firstly, what do you think of it? Also, if you have a previous model such as 3GS and you upgraded, do you think it's much difference? Just looking for personal opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 am

A few of my mates have an iPhone 4. The screen is nice and it's pretty fast too. But i don't think it is worth the upgrade from the 3gs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 am

Well I have one coming in the mail. I haven't upgraded from an old iPhone, I had a different phone and it is just screwed and in desperate need for a new phone so yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:29 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Well I have one coming in the mail. I haven't upgraded from an old iPhone, I had a different phone and it is just screwed and in desperate need for a new phone so yeah.
Yea i forgot to mention, it would be fine if you already have an iPhone or another smart phone. I just don't see the need for the upgrade, as the main feature which happens to be 'face time' is something that i wouldn't use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah that's what I'm doing. Never had an iPhone and upgrading from my crappy nokia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Roger wrote:
Bump.

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 4 tomorrow when I go visit a 3 store. I am just looking for last minute advice. If anyone has one, could you tell me firstly, what do you think of it? Also, if you have a previous model such as 3GS and you upgraded, do you think it's much difference? Just looking for personal opinions.

last minute advice.. dont get it

garbage phone that was clearly rushed by apple and is by no means better then the previous iphone.

if you want a good phone look at the HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy. Both shit on the iphone4 in nearly every way.

and also try steer clear of 3 if you can. Since their merger with Vodafone, they've gone to the dogs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Styletix wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bump.

garbage phone that was clearly rushed by apple and is by no means better then the previous iphone.

if you want a good phone look at the HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy. Both shit on the iphone4 in nearly every way.

and also try steer clear of 3 if you can. Since their merger with Vodafone, they've gone to the dogs
How so? I'm looking into getting an iPhone as well and I've found that their deals are probably the best value for money out of them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Sibs#12 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bump.

How so? I'm looking into getting an iPhone as well and I've found that their deals are probably the best value for money out of them all.

Best value for money, yes. Means sweet F'All though when you dont have reception. I lived in Melbourne with a 3 phone and reception was damn near embarrassing. They are a joke.

The company itself is going down the drain and being bought out is the only thing keeping them afloat atm. I wouldnt trust 3 with anything of mine.

But then again if people want to buy an average phone, it only seems fair to get it from and average (at best) company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iPhone 4   

Back to top Go down

iPhone 4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion