HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

University

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Just wondering, as i have recently been looking at courses for next year, what people are studying in Uni atm, or what people are hoping to study in future.

I myself have been looking at a variety of Psychology courses, Exercise and sport science, Journalism, that knid of thing.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Studying commerce at Deakin, love it there, and the chicks are banging!

What uni you looking to go to and what course?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I do Journalism at the Sunny Coast, 1st yr. Been pretty good so far but not much has happened yet lol.
I did start with Business but dropped out after the 1st semeseter coz I wasnt enjoying it.

Also did a gap year in 08 coz I was over studying lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
manly4lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:40 pm

TGBY wrote:
Just wondering, as i have recently been looking at courses for next year, what people are studying in Uni atm, or what people are hoping to study in future.

I myself have been looking at a variety of Psychology courses, Exercise and sport science, Journalism, that knid of thing.

Anyone?
lol that's weird, I've just got my UAC 2011 book today, been looking at courses particulary in the Exercise and Sports Science and Journalism, either have Wollongong/Bathurst/ or the GC as potentials next year.
Really keen on this course (Sports Studies/Journalism), ATAR of 70.00. Really want to do something sport related.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:48 pm

yeh its funny that courses way out in geelong and stuff require 70.00, but journalism at monash or something requires 98.25 or something like that.

I think i might take a gap year, and i want to live in england one day so i was even considering uni there but i think i might reserve that for a bit later in life Razz

Umm im tossing up between Deakin and Monash really, one of them has Journalism that requires 84 ATAR, and the other courses are similar to sport exercise science etc which require from between 81 - 86
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm hoping to do Journalism in 2012 after I take next year off. Hopefully having a Diploma in Sport & Recreation and Event Management helps (it probably won't).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
I'm hoping to do Journalism in 2012 after I take next year off. Hopefully having a Diploma in Sport & Recreation and Event Management helps (it probably won't).

It should help sparky. Especially having 2 of them. I got into Exercise and Sports science with a Cert IV so i reckon you will be fine.

TGBY-Exercise and Sport Science is cool except the Anatomy Unit is a b@#ch. but otherwise i would recommend it.

Im also hoping to do Media and Journalism in the future. The course looks cool, well where i am anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm doing Marine Biology at Adelaide University. On the psychology thing on the OP, I'm doing Psych as an elective subject all year, and if it's run anything like at Adelaide wherever you choose to go, it's very assignment based. Not sure if that helps, but if you're more of a test/exam person, psychology isn't for you. But if you're an assignment (essay, reports, etc) kind of person, it's probably ideal.

But yeah, that's the best advice I can give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
socceroos06
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm looking at going to RMIT and doing a course in film editing, it is either that or try and get into a sport and recr course, which requires a lower enter than that of film editing. Journalism is always something I have aspired to aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashedmirror704
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm in second year doing Arts at Melbourne, doing a double major in politics/international studies and history. I enjoy it but I understand it's not for everybody, and it can definitely be a bit of a nothing course depending on what major/minor/subjects you do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm looking at the Journalism side of things too. There's not a lot of other courses that interest me but I'll see how it goes. Taking the gap year as well, spoke to my psychology teacher/university coordinator about it and he highly recommends it so I'm happy with doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Our uni has a sister uni in Germany and in USA, the Germans in my class are fucking hot.
In a study session with one of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:39 am

ThAt's why journalism requires such high scores, pretty much every second person wants to do it

I prefer the writing side of journalisn which might be different to most other aspirees
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:12 am

Graduated in mid-2009 in Commerce majoring in Management, then after sic months off went to another uni to do a one-year PostGrad DipEd which I'll finish in November and be qualified to teach Business Studies and Spanish in HS. Actually on Prac now teaching for the next ten weeks and probably should be preparing a lesson as I'm typing this.

Would have loved to have a crack at journalism too.

And I second Damo's statement about German exchange students being hot; the same was true at my uni (Murdoch). Whoa they were smoking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:24 am

What's a good course to do if your looking at something down the line such as sports psychology
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:56 am

Damo wrote:
Our uni has a sister uni in Germany and in USA, the Germans in my class are fucking hot.
In a study session with one of them Very Happy

Is that why theres so many of the fuckers haha.
Not complaining though Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 am

I want to go back to uni, those days were mean as Smile

Do a Psychology Degreee and a Commerce degree majoring in Marketing...you'd be the man!

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:45 am

My friends that do psychology have to do an undergrad degree in psych, then an honours and then a PHD if they want to practice psychology, im not sure if its the same for sports psychology and i have one friend that wants to do that but he has only just started his degree.

I go to RMIT, finishing at the end of semester (hopefully) with a degree in Social Science, i guess my major is Politics. Was pretty fun, but I'm thinking about doing a masters, in International Relations or Communications as i want an excuse not to get a job next year.

I would suggest a gap year, travel or work, don't do nothing, i started an arts degree straight after uni and couldn't handle it, i needed a break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:49 am

Im doing Digital Media at Auckland Uni, currently just over half way thru my degree and all seems to be going well. Would be interesting to see if anyone is doing similar stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

I'm wanting to do Journalism at Wollongong Uni, for next year for one of my subjects I want to do Hospitality but that doesn't help me get an ATAR so that sort of sucks.

The others subjects will though so I might have to drop Hospitality unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Doing Biomedical Science.
Sounds nerdy but it's not really. Hoping for it to lead into forensics.

Plus, alot of my classes have plenty of hot girls Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 pm

philly wrote:
Doing Biomedical Science.
Sounds nerdy but it's not really. Hoping for it to lead into forensics.

Plus, alot of my classes have plenty of hot girls Smile

Science subjects are full of those Wink

Psychology seems to have the best stock, at least at Adelaide Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I assume those hotties are live girls rather than dead bodies you practice your forensics on Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:15 pm

im doing just your plain old business degree haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: University   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:20 pm

CHORUS wrote:
I assume those hotties are live girls rather than dead bodies you practice your forensics on Razz
Laughing

So far it has only been rats we have been cutting up, so nothing that exciting Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: University   

Back to top Go down

University
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion