HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Your cricket season 2010/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

Had training today. It has pumped me up for the season ahead!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 am

Start pre-season on Sunday, getting pumped. Need a new bat this season as well, will probably go with Slazenger but I'm disappointed I have to let my current bat go. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madman
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm playing U/16's for my local club, can't wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sports-chat.forumotion.com/index.htm
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:57 am

My season kicks off tomorrow. Cant wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 am

STOKED!! What a win, had a one dayer. They got 150-odd off their overs which should've only been 100, so many dropped catches. I got 0/9 off 4 - pretty happy considering it's first game back and I'm having problems with my lower back at the moment. Hurts every time I run on it.

Anyway we went out to bat, got off to a flying start - something like 0/40 off 8 - but crumbled and ended up on 6/73 or something...only for our next pair to come in and have a match-winning partnership, we won it with 2 overs left Very Happy These guys are one of the best teams in the comp as well, such a satisfying (albeit, probably undeserved due to our poor fielding) win. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:22 am

Pretty proud of my boys today. Lost the toss and batted first. No offence to our openers, but they are pretty ordinary but credit to them because they hung in for about 10 overs and got some really handy runs. I came in at 5 and hit 35. Was happy with my batting, hit a few 4's a it wasn't a small boundary either. Got out to their opener, went to play straight and block but it turned a bit and took my off stump. Ended up getting 189 off 49 overs which is ok.

I opened the bowling and bowl ok. Kept hitting that spot and took a wicket, batsman ended up getting fustrated with the lack of runs they were getting and popped it up to mid off.

They are noe 2/20 off 8. If we put on pressure next week, we should win it Dancing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:36 am

We were meant too play a T20 match this Saturday as a season opener, has been cancelled due to the AFL Grand Final replay! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 am

haha unlucky Liverpool.

As for muy game, we got them out for 120 odd so great win for the boys Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

Second game against another one of the top teams in the competition, we rolled them for 90 and got the runs relatively easy. I got one wicket, bowled okay.

Undefeated and we've faced the two hardest teams so we're looking very good at the moment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 am

What div. you in Sibs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm

The Tank wrote:
What div. you in Sibs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:39 am

I'm pumped for the 1st game of the season today!
listed to do a bit of bowling today as well as we need at least 5 bowlers bowl 8 overs max

have learned it's my 150th game today as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 am

I_Love_Liverpool wrote:
I'm pumped for the 1st game of the season today!
listed to do a bit of bowling today as well as we need at least 5 bowlers bowl 8 overs max

have learned it's my 150th game today as well. Very Happy
Solid effort mate! I'd say I'm just over 100 games - been playing for 7 seasons.

Anyway terrible weather today, we played through it but had to go off for rain for about 20 mins halfway through. We bowled, I did well and got 0/17 off my 6, but I had deadset about 10 balls just missing the edge when they've played and missed. Frustrating, but I'm happy with how I went. They got 9/182 or so off their overs, so we've got a decent total to chase but we can do it.

Got a 20/20 against them as well this week which will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 am

One-dayer today. And yeah like Sibs the weather wasn't great, but luckily for us it didn't rain too hard so we never had to go off.

Bowled pretty badly today, my lower back is starting to hurt a little bit when I bowl. 1/13 off 3, got him bowled middle stump.

They ended up with 136 I think in the full 32 overs. Was fielding at cover and dropped a catch, although I think it was a bumb ball and so did others. 2 balls later the same batsman hits it too me, I dropped it again....Mad, but before it hit the ground i caught it again Razz

Came in at 3, and bloody hell. It was one of those days, I tell you my feet just were not moving at all. Made a 13 which really was not deserved lol. Hit two nice leg glances and that was about all I did in my innings...

Ended up getting the runs with about 4 overs to spare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:41 am

I played a 20/20 game last night, just filled in for my old team, which I do when they dont have enough players

We batted first and made 6/162. I batted at 6 and made 17. Got out trying to flick the spinner to the leg side, i got a leading edge and it lobbed to mid wicket.

Then we bowled and they got the runs with 8 balls to spare with 5 wickets down. I didnt roll the arm over thank god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:00 pm

played b's today, awesome Adelaide weather to start the season Grin

anyway, we lost the toss and bowled 1st, is what we wanted to do, so it was all good.
we bowled em 6/51 at drinks, and from there we rolled em for 90, solid bowling and some great fielding helped us. I was listed to bowl, but wasn't needed, (lucky for me)

batted at no.5, and came in when we were looking a little shaky at 3/20odd, but steadied the ship and made a solid 26*, with the help of a good partnership where my batting partner made 35 we got the score to about 70 odd, and we cruised home for an easy 5 wkt win in the end. Happy Days!

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Who ya play for ILL?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:57 am

Playing a side this week who got bowled out for 59 in the 1st game, hopefully we can get an outright win against them to start the season solidly! The captain has already said the no.5 spot is mine for most of the season which I'm very happy with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I really hope this rain in adelaide doesn't hang around til saturday!, but I fear it might!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Well I hope in pisses down Sunday, have to fill in for B grade which is a pain in the ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 am

Sibs#12 wrote:
Anyway terrible weather today, we played through it but had to go off for rain for about 20 mins halfway through. We bowled, I did well and got 0/17 off my 6, but I had deadset about 10 balls just missing the edge when they've played and missed. Frustrating, but I'm happy with how I went. They got 9/182 or so off their overs, so we've got a decent total to chase but we can do it.

What a win in terrible conditions. Very Happy We got them all out for 191 (had to bowl a few extra overs at the start today), I got the last wicket. Knew it would be a tough chase and it's ridiculously windy today but we got off to a great start and got the runs with about 10 overs to spare with only 4 wickets down, our opener got out on 98 haha poor guy, deserved his century.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 am

Nice Sibs.
Yeah at my ground too, non stop wind it was so annoying. We batted first, came in at no.3 and faced the third ball of the day lol. Hit a solid 35 with only the one 4 Razz which was a pretty orgasmic cover drive.

Was looking around at where the fielders as the bowler was walking back to his mark, saw the bloke at mid off with his hands in his pockets and was sitting down. Thought I might hit it to him and he's not really concentrating, as the bowler's running in a take a quick glance at mid off, yep, still with his hands in his pockets and not even walking in, thought "you beauty I'll hit it straight past him", and got bowled... Mad

Team got 123 which is dissapointing. They are currently 4/39 off 13 overs, so I think 2 early wickets next week should do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:46 am

I don't know why you would pick where your going to hit the ball before its been bowled. Also you should be 100% focused on the bowler as he comes in. Thats batting 101

We got washed out this arvo. It rained fairly heavy overnight and most of the grounds would've been waterlogged. There-fore the association did the only fair thing to do - cancel the whole day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am

Svoerman wrote:
I don't know why you would pick where your going to hit the ball before its been bowled. Also you should be 100% focused on the bowler as he comes in. Thats batting 101

We got washed out this arvo. It rained fairly heavy overnight and most of the grounds would've been waterlogged. There-fore the association did the only fair thing to do - cancel the whole day.

Yeah I know you should always watch the bowler. But there was a fielder at mid off doing F*** all and our team needed some runs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Playing A's this week, Won the toss, and thinking it was going too rain off an on all day, we sent em in, we had em 7/120 odd I think at one stage I think, they ended making 184. Mad our bowlers couldn't quite get the job done in very windy conditions! (5 dropped catches didn't help either). chaseable score if we all bat well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   

Back to top Go down

Your cricket season 2010/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum