HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Your cricket season 2010/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Just 5 days late...

Due to rain the previous week we played a one dayer last weekend.

Got the call up to play shield last weekend. We bowled first and they took to one of our openers racing to 30 of 3. We managed to fight back and ristrict them to 134 of their 40 overs. We were really pleased as we didn't let any partnerships build through out the day.

I opened, had a 20 run partnership, only making 1 run - I went to clip a ball though mid wicket and got a leading edge to cover. Disapointed as the ball held up on the pitch, but it was againts one of the top 5 bowlers in the comp. We were looking good through out the day being 90 for 4 chasing 135, however we fell short by 2 runs with our #11 getting out lbw not playing a shot to the spinner.

It was a game we should've won. However it was againts one the top 4 sides and we only went up to shield this season. I highly doubt we will be playing this saturday... sigh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:37 am

Got called off today due to the overnight rain.

We didn't find out until 12.30 though after we completed our warm up and the umpires and the oppostion hadn't turned up.

Disapointing as our ground was fantastic, run ups were perfect and the outfield was fine.

EDIT: Got a T20 on tuesday night... pumped!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 am

Was boiling today, probably a bit over 30 degrees. Played on a ground with a pretty slow outfield. Top scored with 30 and had to run everything. We got 140 odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 am

Washed out as well, not that disappointed either as I was carrying an injury this week. Very Happy
1 Dayer next weekend.

Another week of facing our bowling machine won't do any harm either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Wow no one's posted in here in ages...my side is still doing solid but we lost our first game of the season two weeks ago which was hard to take. Also have had a tie which was pretty intense. Doing really well though.

Summer break atm, can't wait for the season to return!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Got a 4 day tournament in Taree on the 17th. We play 3 one dayers and 2 T20's, and are playing on turf. Cannot wait...should be mad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tk101
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Missed more than half the cricket season due to rain, it's very frustrating.

And weather permitting we might finally get a game in the Saturday, my first in about two months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/tk_tk
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:26 pm

we batted yesterday, got rolled for 140 something... we were 5/50 odd as well at one stage, so it could've been a lot worse.

personally have lost a bit of form of late, only made 15 yesterday, should've been a lot more as I got myself out which has been the story of the season.

Last game opened the batting and got my 1st duck in 4 seasons (blinder of a catch mind you, 2nd slip full length dive and it stuck)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:14 pm

I_Love_Liverpool wrote:
we batted yesterday, got rolled for 140 something... we were 5/50 odd as well at one stage, so it could've been a lot worse.

personally have lost a bit of form of late, only made 15 yesterday, should've been a lot more as I got myself out which has been the story of the season.

Last game opened the batting and got my 1st duck in 4 seasons (blinder of a catch mind you, 2nd slip full length dive and it stuck)

does it beat Collingwood's catch??

Resuming my season next week. Back to training tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 am

All_Star94 wrote:
I_Love_Liverpool wrote:

does it beat Collingwood's catch??

Resuming my season next week. Back to training tomorrow.

totally different sort of dive, this was horizontal dive, as where Collingwood's was going up. So it's hard to compare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am

bugger

got to play in 39 deg weather today! and we're fielding, and what's worse is that I maybe required to bowl a few overs as I bowl a bit of spin Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 am

I played a 20/20 game as a fill in on Thursday night, ive also been talked into coming back next year

Anyway we fielded first and they made 7/173 off their 20, their opener made 88 off 51. He smashed it

As I havnt picked up a bat in a while in a game I batted at 6. Anyway after our 20 we just fell short at 9/171. I was a bit scratchy but I made 28 off 20, i got caught at mid wicket trying to flick the spinner off my pads.
I hit 1 six over 3rd man which was my best shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:45 pm

What a Win... defending 143, we bowled them for 133... Great performance today.

bowled 5 overs today, 3 maidens 0/6, (2 singles & 1 four, that didn't go over the line, the fielder slid over it & a dropped catch) really slowed the scoring rate when it was needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:14 pm

We won again this week, defending 120 this time. Came down to the last over, they need 9 off it with 1 wicket to spare and we got a run out 1st ball of the over. We probably have the 2nd best bowling attack in our section at the moment, and the best glove man behind the stumps as well.

sitting in 5th spot now 1 game out of the 4, will need to 1 of the remaining 2 games outright or rely on other results to get us in the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Lost chasing 130. Only had 9 batsmen though.

Two guys collided with each other while trying to catch a skied ball. One was running in from long on and the other back from mid-wicket, didn't see each other and they both clashed heads and bodies. It was sickining, two ambos had to come and delayed the game by about an hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:13 pm

your team or opposition?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 am

us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 am

Funny incident from the weekend.

between balls I tried throwing the ball back to mid-off as you do between balls, only on this occasion a flock of galah's decided to fly past, you can guess what happened next, one of them get hit by the ball, feathers fly everywhere and we're all kacking our selves in laughter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
qasim555
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Nice post. I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your cricket season 2010/11   

Back to top Go down

Your cricket season 2010/11