HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2011-12 Carling Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am

Was impressed with the display, especially Wilshere, tore em a new one. Of course we were going to get an injury out of that...And 'Arry apparently accused Nasri of diving Laughing Clown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.otc-forums.com
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:08 pm

How good was the crying yid? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:32 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
I would feel sorry for him as he will get shit forever from people for it.

But he is a yid, so deserves it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:40 pm

philly wrote:
a_F_c wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
I would feel sorry for him as he will get shit forever from people for it.

But he is a yid, so deserves it Razz
Yes he does Laughing But remember us after last year's...(not so much the crying)
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

Absolutely right AFC. Also, I think the importance of the Carling Cup has grown over the years. It's not just another trophy anymore, it's something teams want to win. If anything, it's almost as important as winning the FA Cup.

Thats ridiculous. It's not even close to the FA Cup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:30 pm

SBW wrote:

Obviously it doesn't have the prestige of the FA Cup and never will, but I look at when both Cups are played. One is early in the season and end in December/January (Carling Cup) so the squad depth is hardly tested and so it's a trophy worth going for. Over the years, with the FA Cup starting in December/January and the top teams more concerned with the EPL title and Champions League aspirations, the FA Cup plays third fiddle. It's lost a lot of aura of the last 5-10 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
SBW wrote:

Obviously it doesn't have the prestige of the FA Cup and never will, but I look at when both Cups are played. One is early in the season and end in December/January (Carling Cup) so the squad depth is hardly tested and so it's a trophy worth going for. Over the years, with the FA Cup starting in December/January and the top teams more concerned with the EPL title and Champions League aspirations, the FA Cup plays third fiddle. It's lost a lot of aura of the last 5-10 years.
When u just look at it as 2 basic cup comps then it isnt that much difference between the two

but what u did say on winning Carling cup is almost as important as the FA cup... your wrong and i dont think anyone else that follows the game would say that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:55 pm

I don't care what it is, just give us a fucking trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Sprooly wrote:
When u just look at it as 2 basic cup comps then it isnt that much difference between the two

but what u did say on winning Carling cup is almost as important as the FA cup... your wrong and i dont think anyone else that follows the game would say that

Obviously the FA Cup is a far more prestigious trophy, but do you see where I'm coming from? Right now, the depth of the squads are at the highest it will probably be all season. As the season goes on, injuries to key players are a natural outcome and teams have got to start prioritizing, especially in the EPL. That's a lot of the reason why the FA Cup has lost it's aura.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Sprooly wrote:

Obviously the FA Cup is a far more prestigious trophy, but do you see where I'm coming from? Right now, the depth of the squads are at the highest it will probably be all season. As the season goes on, injuries to key players are a natural outcome and teams have got to start prioritizing, especially in the EPL. That's a lot of the reason why the FA Cup has lost it's aura.
The FA cup has lost some of its Aura due to the riches of the UCL etc

But in saying that you will find almost all teams play strong sides throughout the fa cup and its only extreme cases (like in 09 semi) where the FA cup doesnt become as important and a reserve team is played and not to mention the FA cup is played on a Saturday unlike the league cup which is a Wednesday hence why there is more rotation in the league cup

I can understand that the fa cup may become 3rd on the list for 1 or 2 teams a year but it doesn't seem to affect Chelsea performance in the FA cup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Sprooly wrote:

But in saying that you will find almost all teams play strong sides throughout the fa cup and its only extreme cases (like in 09 semi) where the FA cup doesnt become as important and a reserve team is played and not to mention the FA cup is played on a Saturday unlike the league cup which is a Wednesday hence why there is more rotation in the league cup

I can understand that the fa cup may become 3rd on the list for 1 or 2 teams a year but it doesn't seem to affect Chelsea performance in the FA cup

In the earlier stages of the FA Cup, most of the top teams play weaker sides. In the latter stages they play stronger teams of course, they do the same or very similar in the Carling Cup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 pm

when we say silverware, yes it would be good to get the monkey off the back, and any trophy would be great, including the carling cup but tbh id be so much happier if we won one of the FA cup, UCL or Premier League
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Sprooly wrote:

In the earlier stages of the FA Cup, most of the top teams play weaker sides. In the latter stages they play stronger teams of course, they do the same or very similar in the Carling Cup.
yeah there is some rotation in the fa cup but for instance Rooney started on the bench in the league cup final (cant remember if he had been injured previously) would he start on the bench in the fa cup final im not so sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Sprooly wrote:
yeah there is some rotation in the fa cup but for instance Rooney started on the bench in the league cup final (cant remember if he had been injured previously) would he start on the bench in the fa cup final im not so sure

That's one example out of what could be endless amounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Chelsea 1 - 3 Newcastle
About 30 to go Smile

EDIT - Chelsea down to 10 after Benayoun got injured and Chelsea have made their changes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Final scores:
Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle
Villa 3 - 1 Blackburn
Scunthorpe 2 - 5 Man United
Wigan 2 - 1 Preston
West Brom 2 - 1 City

Live Score:
Liverpool 1 - 1 Northampton (going to ET)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:01 am

One of the worst, most embarassing, most pathetic results in the history of Liverpool FC. Every single player and coach should hang their heads in shame, absolutely pathetic. It's not like we didn't deserve to get beaten, we were comprehensevely outplayed by a League Two team.

I honestly don't know what Roy is trying to do, we can't even break down a side that is three divisions below us, I have lost all patience with him, it's obvious that he isn't up to the job. All the people that wanted Rafa gone, he at least would have been able to set out a team to beat a side that are three divisions below us. "Formidable" was the word Roy used to describe them. He finally gives Pacheco a chance but plays him out of fking position and plays KYRGIAKOS UP FRONT. He didn't even make changes until extra time, and the bench was incredibily weak, even if it was the Carling Cup. This competition was probably our only chance of silverware this season. If it wasn't clear before, it certainly is now - we are a mid-table club and if Hicks is able to refinance then things are only going to get worse.

Ryan Babel has had chance after chance to prove himself and has failed miserably every time, his time is up and he needs to be sold in January.

Just sick and tied of this constant crap that the supporters have had to put up with, just not good enough. We are, with out a doubt, the laughing stock of world football and we deserve every bit of criticism and mockery that comes our way.

Congratulations to Northampton though, probably the biggest day in the clubs history and they certainly deserved the win.

I normally like to think I keep a pretty cool head and keep pretty rational after poor results but this one is just too much for me to handle.

End rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 am

Liverpool fkn lol.
Feel for the fans though, to see your team get out-played like that and have your manager not change anything, thats just pathetic. Would love to know what he had to say after the game because there should be no excuse for that result. Once he saw that Norths were dominating you would of thought he would of changed some things round.

EDIT - The twat is blaming the players. Yeah, they didn't play as well as they should of but when that happens you change things around, not leave it in the hope it will sort itself out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 am

Teams in the next round:
Northampton
West Brom
Newcastle
Man United
Villa
Wigan
Birmingham
Brentford
Burnley
Ipswich
Swansea
Leicester
Stoke
West Ham
Arsenal
Wolves

Reckon we have a pretty good shot at winning this.
With only really United as major competition we should really make the final at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:28 am

Oh dear Liverpool. All that needs to be said really, no point in rubbing it in ill leave that to other people.

Chelsea going out is probably a blessing in disguise for them. Still funny though Wink.
Scunthorpe went 1-0 up against United as well Laughing.

Liking our chances of winning this now, the only real threat would be United youd think. All luck of the draw though, as weve seen with Chelsea, Citeh and Pool anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:18 am

Couldn't give a stuff about us losing tbh, we have bigger fish to fry this week Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Well done to Newcastle, it was a great match. We did brilliantly to come back but they clinched it with a sweet header. I'm disappointed but not overly so - as Enforcer said, the main focus should be on Man City.

Also, Josh McEachran!!! What a game by him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Sibs#12 wrote:
Well done to Newcastle, it was a great match. We did brilliantly to come back but they clinched it with a sweet header. I'm disappointed but not overly so - as Enforcer said, the main focus should be on Man City.

Also, Josh McEachran!!! What a game by him.

Hes no Jack Wilshere but he did ok Wink.

Just watched the replay on Fox, was a great game. Congrats to Noocassil but credit to Chelsea for coming back in the end with only 10 men.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Ipswich v Northampton
West Ham v Stoke
Man Utd v Wolves
Leicester v West Brom
Aston Villa v Burnley
Wigan v Swansea
Birmingham v Brentford
Newcastle v Arsenal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Not happy with that one. Will be interesting to see who we go with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011-12 Carling Cup   

Back to top Go down

2011-12 Carling Cup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum