HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The random thought thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:54 pm

TGBY wrote:
then your ignorance is astounding.

The way it appears, it sounds like your a naturally pretty smart guy.

But if this is true, then you would expect you not to make such foolish comments and be so ignorant as to think everyone else is as smart as you are.

There are loads of kids who would work 10 times harder than you did but just arent intelectually that smart, and thus they dont achieve the desired results (whether that be 80% + or whatever)

Point is, your wrong about what your saying and im suprised at your ignorance to be honest

not ignorance, just merely applying yourself. yes im naturally smart but whats most clear is that people couldnt care less about their results. now i understand not everyone is naturally smart but what is the harm in aiming for such a score. all i hear on here is how unrealistic is it to reach it.. thats just a sad excuse for people who couldnt be bothered trying.

if thats "wrong" to you mate then clearly you fit the above description.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 pm

TGBY wrote:
DaneSwan#36 wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
Teaching others is actually the most effective way to learn

(I learned this fact by teaching it to a girl in my Psychology course. So I can vouch for it...)

And them tossers who ask you for help on facebook chat? Razz

speaking of english, grammar and what not.

Oh, you do exams on sports forums now? Very Happy

Last edited by DaneSwan#36 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm

In higher secondary you have to meet an attendance requirement... which is 80%. Basically you can miss one day a week at still pass.

Also the one the more effort you put into those practice exams the better it will be for you in the long run. I didn't care that much about them last year and regretted it immensely after my exam as it prepares you for soo many things come the real exam.

Also for those who say you only care about 2/3 subjects. Thats a stupid attitude to take into your higher education at high school. As regardless of how well you do in those you need your other subjucts to be a similar level to get the enter/hsc mark you need to get into your course at a top uni (assuming you don't want to go through verious parthways)

Trust me i fked up last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Styletix wrote:
Cynic wrote:
English was my favourite subject.

But all we did was text responses without being taught to enhance our spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. Friggin' pathetic and really pissed me off.

Strutted into TAFE feeling like da shit. Got pwned quite easily and really disappointed me ...

English ftw.. I loved it. I'd be utterly embarrassed not hitting a top score in my native language.

My VCE exam was all text response. Bullshit - has nothing to do with the English language at all. Fuckers.

How many Year 12 students know how to use a semi-colon - or know what a semi-colon is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:58 pm

At Cynic

Basically when you list objects you use it as a seperator...

eg

Bread; milk; rice.

not bread, milk and rice

or so i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Cynic wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Cynic wrote:
English was my favourite subject.

But all we did was text responses without being taught to enhance our spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. Friggin' pathetic and really pissed me off.

Strutted into TAFE feeling like da shit. Got pwned quite easily and really disappointed me ...

English ftw.. I loved it. I'd be utterly embarrassed not hitting a top score in my native language.

My VCE exam was all text response. Bullshit - has nothing to do with the English language at all. Fuckers.

How many Year 12 students know how to use a semi-colon - or know what a semi-colon is?

isn't it s part of your colon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:02 pm

... What's a colon in terms of English punctuation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Not quite, Svoerman. It has to do with grouped nouns within a list (or something like that).

I love Queen; AC/DC; Simon and Garfunkel; and Wham.

There's also a more common use for it but I can't explain it properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Cynic wrote:
... What's a colon in terms of English punctuation?

a colon is mainly used to introduce a definition. e.g.

Colon: Used to introduce a definition.

also a separation of titles, as used in books and songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Cynic wrote:
Not quite, Svoerman. It has to do with grouped nouns within a list (or something like that).

There's also a more common use for it but I can't explain it properly.

I was going with what Svoerman said tbh.

Basically, it is what Svoerman said, used to seperate things. It's pretty much used instead of having to list things.

So instead of.

I love;
Queen
AC/DC
Simon and Garfunkel
Wham

You write.

Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:

But if this is true, then you would expect you not to make such foolish comments and be so ignorant as to think everyone else is as smart as you are.

There are loads of kids who would work 10 times harder than you did but just arent intelectually that smart, and thus they dont achieve the desired results (whether that be 80% + or whatever)

Point is, your wrong about what your saying and im suprised at your ignorance to be honest

not ignorance, just merely applying yourself. yes im naturally smart but whats most clear is that people couldnt care less about their results. now i understand not everyone is naturally smart but what is the harm in aiming for such a score. all i hear on here is how unrealistic is it to reach it.. thats just a sad excuse for people who couldnt be bothered trying.

well thats not right again, you yourself said that any bum can get 80% just by attending class, which is so far off the mark. Ill bet you 75% of kids in the state, whether it be this year or the year you finished could not achieve the 80% you suggested just by going to 'class like you suggested. So yes, that's whats wrong, i never said the attitude comments and people making up those excuses wasn't wrong, but you seem to be reading into my comments where there is nothing to read into, perhaps because you have nothing else to back up your claims with?. And again, your generalising to populations when it is only a sample that have these issues, id expect a 'smart' person such as yourself to know this, but perhaps your ego is getting in the way of your rational thinking

And how would you know anything about me you idiot, because i clearly dont fit the above description, as i care about my grades, and my scores over the year reflect this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Edit: Sorry.

Last edited by Cynic on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 pm

sigh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm

I was thinking there's a difference between using a comma in a list and using a semi-colon but I'm too lazy to think of an example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:18 pm

TGBY wrote:
Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:

well thats not right again, you yourself said that any bum can get 80% just by attending class, which is so far off the mark. Ill bet you 75% of kids in the state, whether it be this year or the year you finished could not achieve the 80% you suggested just by going to 'class like you suggested. So yes, that's whats wrong, i never said the attitude comments and people making up those excuses wasn't wrong, but you seem to be reading into my comments where there is nothing to read into, perhaps because you have nothing else to back up your claims with?. And again, your generalising to populations when it is only a sample that have these issues, id expect a 'smart' person such as yourself to know this, but perhaps your ego is getting in the way of your rational thinking

And how would you know anything about me you idiot, because i clearly dont fit the above description, as i care about my grades, and my scores over the year reflect this.

lol fire up princess. looks like i've got under your skin mate. this clearly isnt getting anywhere so when you chill out, get back to me and maybe we can finish this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Let me put it this way.

A natural rugby league player (skill-wise) who's a lazy fucker and doesn't put in any effort to improve

vs

A hard-working lesser-skilled player who has to fight to maintain the same level

Who's more likely to stay at a club?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Cynic wrote:
Let me put it this way.

A natural rugby league player (skill-wise) who's a lazy fucker and doesn't put in any effort to improve

vs

A hard-working lesser-skilled player who has to fight to maintain the same level

Who's more likely to stay at a club?

So the first example is someone like Fevola? Razz
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Just bought a Colts jersey from the States, cost $99.79 US with shipping and all that so $102 Aus. Im loving this rate of exchange!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
Teaching others is actually the most effective way to learn

(I learned this fact by teaching it to a girl in my Psychology course. So I can vouch for it...)

And them tossers who ask you for help on facebook chat? Razz
Or a girl who hasn't rocked up to English for a term and a half messaging you and asking you to send her all your English work when the deadline is in three days..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:
Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:

lol fire up princess. looks like i've got under your skin mate. this clearly isnt getting anywhere so when you chill out, get back to me and maybe we can finish this.
TGBY seems pretty chilled out as it is

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Just bought a Colts jersey from the States, cost $99.79 US with shipping and all that so $102 Aus. Im loving this rate of exchange!

What website did you use? How long did it take to ship over as well?

Because a guy from Sportal (Kitch), gave me a great website for buying US sports clothes called FootballFanatics so I'm going to purchase some stuff hoping in the next week or two. I'll be getting two hoody jumpers (white Oregon and grey CAL) and three t-shirts (1 or 2 Oregon, 1 CAL and possibly another team, either Texas, Boise State or someone like that).

Looks set to cost me around $200 in total.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Sprooly wrote:
Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:
Styletix wrote:
TGBY wrote:

TGBY seems pretty chilled out as it is

yeh your right mate, pointless name calling is totally chilled Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

What website did you use? How long did it take to ship over as well?

Because a guy from Sportal (Kitch), gave me a great website for buying US sports clothes called FootballFanatics so I'm going to purchase some stuff hoping in the next week or two. I'll be getting two hoody jumpers (white Oregon and grey CAL) and three t-shirts (1 or 2 Oregon, 1 CAL and possibly another team, either Texas, Boise State or someone like that).

Looks set to cost me around $200 in total.

Just went through the nfl.com store. 5-10 business days as well which isnt too shabby imo.
Is that site just for college ball or everything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:26 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Just went through the nfl.com store. 5-10 business days as well which isnt too shabby imo.
Is that site just for college ball or everything?

It's for everything, but it centers on US Sports and then mainly NFL and College Football.

I think it's awesome as it's not just jerseys but jumpers, shirts and accessories.

Here it is AFC if you want to have a quick look: http://www.footballfanatics.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 am

you gotta be careful about the sizes though.

i got a mens M jumper from nfl.com a few years back and it was huge. would have easily been an australian large.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The random thought thread    

Back to top Go down

The random thought thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum