HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:02 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:35 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:39 am

what an absolute farce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:16 am

What a bunch of tossers, lost any respect I had for these guys...they deserve to be punished big time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 am

Asif and Aamer two of my fave players...nooooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:36 am

And to think KAkmal dropped them from having an 'off' day.

What a bunch of greedy bastards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:44 am

Aamer has so much potential too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 am

sucked in, hate them all. Pakistan Cricket have done stupid things like this and when they stayed in their room when they were ball tampering against England a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 am

TBH, I don't think anyone is suprised that the sydney test was fixed. It was obvious.

Pakistan cricket is a joke atm and I can't see it getting any better in the coming years. I'm suprised Asif was one of them, to me he seemed like a class act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_fb_
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 am

life bans possibly on the cards? asif has already been involved in a drug scandal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Sad day for Cricket. At first it came as a big shock, but as the English commentators and most people involved in the game have said I think most Cricket fans expected it...

Where to now for Cricket in Pakistan and the game in general? Interesting times ahead.

Pakis currently 65-7 after being bowled out for 70 odd in the first innings, disgraceful.

Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm surprised they've taken the field...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Why am i looking at Rick Astley FFS

Moving on (at pace) ...Finally busted the bastards it was obvious they fixed the Sydney test also the '99 World Cup final was highly suspect....the Poms are gonna hand it to us this Summer we can't even beat the Paki's .....Sir Shane Warne Retiring has been devasting ..i knew he was the reason we were awesome as he was perfection and we would struggle a little with him gone but we suck more than i thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Megadeecee wrote:
Why am i looking at Rick Astley FFS

Moving on (at pace) ...Finally busted the bastards it was obvious they fixed the Sydney test also the '99 World Cup final was highly suspect....the Poms are gonna hand it to us this Summer we can't even beat the Paki's .....Sir Shane Warne Retiring has been devasting ..i knew he was the reason we were awesome as he was perfection and we would struggle a little with him gone but we suck more than i thought

You know you love it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:08 am

I think the onlyway forward from here is life bans for all four of them. The message needs to be hammered home. Players in the passed that have been 'linked' to betting scandals have not always paid a high enough price in my opinion.

Get rid of the lot of them.

A shame really, as they are all such promising cricketers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
collo-bombers
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:03 am

Yeah its is a shame, maybe these comments deserve some merrit.

Quote :
But why is it Pakistan? They seemed to have been involved recently in more than a fair share of these fixing controversies. There are a few possible reasons. Pakistan has suffered the most due to security situation with no teams willing to travel there. This has led to a drastic reduction in opportunities for the players to make money. Due to the India-Pakistan political situation, their players were not in the IPL either which would have been a huge windfall. Pakistan's Test cricketers are paid anywhere from £750 to £1,900 a month, in contrast to England stars who are on at least £10,000 a month. Or perhaps, the muscle of the mafia could be more freely exerted in Pakistan? So impressionable youngsters, while wanting to represent their country, are cajoled and perhaps coerced, in to doing some "harmless" things like bowling a no ball at a pre-determined situation to pocket a cool 10 Grand, more than 10 times the fees they gets for playing an entire month. The temptation especially for a teenager that comes from a poor background and the need to take care of his family could be a little too much to resist.
http://www.thebigtip.com.au/cricket/cancer-doubt-spot-fixing-controversy?page=0,1

Is it that bad over there, I mean not given the opportunity for up and coming players to play in the IPL would cause some stress on lucurative income
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Quote :

A Pakistan court Tuesday summoned seven national cricket players, the country's sports minister and its cricket chief to face treason charges over fixing allegations in England.
The chief justice of the High Court in the eastern city of Lahore said those under investigation in England, plus sports minister Ijaz Jakharani and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt must appear on September 7.
Local lawyer Ishtiaq Ahmed filed the treason case on Monday, calling for life bans and confiscation of all the players' assets if they are found guilty. The charge carries a maximum death penalty.
The cricketers are alleged to have been paid to bowl no-balls at pre-determined times in a spot-fixing scam in the fourth Test against England, which Pakistan lost by an innings on Sunday.
Usually in Pakistan, court procedures are long and decisions takes years while a legal expert said if the accused fail to appear three times in a row a ruling could be made in absentia.
"The case is based only on allegations. We do not expect a hurried decision," Azhar Siddique, a local lawyer said.
The seven national team players include Test team captain Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, plus three unnamed players, who are all accused in the sting by British Sunday tabloid the News of the World.
Police have bailed a bookmaker, Mazhar Majeed, who is alleged to be the middleman in the scam.
Meanwhile Pakistan's cricket board will not suspend its national players while investigations into spot-fixing allegations in England are probed, a spokesman said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 pm

ICC should pay the Players to be honest, problem solved ....I have no ill feeling towards the Cricketers ....this goes way bigger than the Players but not much cause whats a few million to todays Criminals (it's insane.. Drug profits are like a hundred times this)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)   

Back to top Go down

Pakistan Match Fixing (Amir, Asif, KAkmal, Butt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum