HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 am

Australia has a reputation as one of the world's most gay-friendly countries - unless you're learning about an indigenous bird perched on a gum tree.

A school in Victoria has created controversy by banning the word gay from the classic Aussie song Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree.

Students at Cheltenham's Lepage Primary have instead been told to sing the line, "Fun your life must be".

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/4087530/Word-gay-banned-from-classic-Aussie-song

what a tool that Principal is.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 am

****. How many people do know the word 'gay' can mean 'happy'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 am

I'd say heaps.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 am

Haha what a bellend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Damo
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:07 am

This is different, but a little bit dies in me when they take out the word faggot in Money for Nothing on the radio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 am

This is the same song that got Men At Work sued, right?

Could that song possibly stay out of the news for a month or two? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 am

Heard this this morning on the today show, fucking wanker of a principal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

How many primary school kids would actually know what gay meant? if a few then maybe they should of changed gay to homo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm

I love a Gaytime: Best ice cream ever..

Next they'll be changing the words to the theme to The Flintstones: ...You'll have a gay old time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
How many primary school kids would actually know what gay meant? if a few then maybe they should of changed gay to homo

Deucey Deucey Deucey.. All primary kids knows both meanings of gay.. And are you suggesting that they change the word gay in the song to homo?? Or that the kids should just use the word homo when they want to attack someones sexuality??...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:13 pm

I heard at the UK, they suck on "fags."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

The candy cigarettes I used to have as a kid changed the names from fags to fads.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashedmirror704
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 pm

shows you how people without a brain are trained into playing sexual politics and don't even realise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:18 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
The candy cigarettes I used to have as a kid changed the names from fags to fads.. Evil or Very Mad
lol, my mum said that too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song   

Back to top Go down

Word 'gay' banned from classic Aussie song
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com