HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Teachers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
We had a wacky teacher at school. Teal may know of him. Named Mann.

He was a relief teacher, and nothing was ever done in class. He just rambled. I remember one music class we got an in-depth lecture on how the brain works.
He's not English is he? Sounds like a relief teacher at our school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Tank wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

He was a relief teacher, and nothing was ever done in class. He just rambled. I remember one music class we got an in-depth lecture on how the brain works.

He had very distinctive English qualities.. can't remember if he said whether he was English or not. He could have said at one point (if it's the same one, you'd know he says an awful lot Razz)

Didn't have a distinctive accent though, from memory. Maybe a slight one, could have had a full blown one for all I remember actually... it's been 6 years since I last saw him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
Tank wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

He had very distinctive English qualities.. can't remember if he said whether he was English or not. He could have said at one point (if it's the same one, you'd know he says an awful lot Razz)

Didn't have a distinctive accent though, from memory. Maybe a slight one, could have had a full blown one for all I remember actually... it's been 6 years since I last saw him.
Haha yeah sounds exactly like the one at my school. I've only ever had him once in lesson though, he spent a lot of it talking about his adventures to India last year or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashedmirror704
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

Melb Uni Thumbleft

it's not all Geoffrey Blainey and Peter Singer Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Tank wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
Tank wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

Haha yeah sounds exactly like the one at my school. I've only ever had him once in lesson though, he spent a lot of it talking about his adventures to India last year or something.

Lol. Could well be. From the stories I recieved, he's taught at most South Australian schools as a relief teacher. And talked about every single one of them.

To be honest, I shudder to think what he's told random students in Happy Valley or something about my class... geez we were a bunch of brats back in the day. No idea how we learned anything Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Speaking of wacky lecturers, my Geology lecturer this year is somewhat of a notorious figure around the place. Ian Plimer, you can look him up, he's got an extensive repertoire of YouTube videos featuring him debating either Creationism or Environmentalism (he's an atheist with a mining company, what did you expect? Laughing)

Here's him, controversially debating Creationism in the 80's or something. And yes, his lectures follow about the same tone (just less proving a point and more expecting everyone to just believe him Razz)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
socceroos06
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Whilst on the topic... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teachers   

Back to top Go down

Teachers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum