HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Australian Amazing Race Host?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Does anyone know if they've settled on a host yet?. I know Ben Cousins were among the possible hosts for the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:03 pm

It hasn't been announced but i'm backing Phil for a couple of reasons.

The American series is on hiatus when the Australian version is filmed and he did the voice over for the audition add.

Other then him, it could be someone like Tom Williams. I don't thing Grant Denyer will get the gig as he already hosts AGT and will host the Australian Iron Chef.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Svoerman wrote:

The American series is on hiatus when the Australian version is filmed and he did the voice over for the audition add.

Other then him, it could be someone like Tom Williams. I don't thing Grant Denyer will get the gig as he already hosts AGT and will host the Australian Iron Chef.

I'd be shocked if Phil did it. He's only just finished doing Season 17 in the US so unless Channel 7 pay him big $$$ and also CBS in the US lets him as well, then that's the only chance.

Surely it'll be Tom Williams. He's already done The Mole and did it very well I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:35 pm

heard that the bloke that does dancing with the stars is also in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:46 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Svoerman wrote:

I'd be shocked if Phil did it. He's only just finished doing Season 17 in the US so unless Channel 7 pay him big $$$ and also CBS in the US lets him as well, then that's the only chance.

Surely it'll be Tom Williams. He's already done The Mole and did it very well I thought.

How long ago was the mole though? atleast 5 years. Williams hasn't done anything recently. 7 have introduced many shows in that time.

I can't see CBS having any problems letting him go. He would only have contract obligations during the filming of the show, and as I said CBS isn't in production of TAR during the time 7 plan to shoot. If he did have a contract preventing him, it would only be in the US. The're many examples of TV hosts during shows on different networks in another country.

It also only takes a month at the most to film a series, which isn't long at all. Also 7 buy the American series off them and have been doing so for a very long time also Phil is from NZ.

So Phil is the favorite in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:32 am

Grant Bowler who was the original host of the mole is also a chance to secure the job. Personally I'd love to see Phil do it. He is a native neighbour of ours and he is the one that has been the Amazing Race Host in America for all 17 Races that have occured since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:00 am

Quote :
Minor Spoilers: Grant Bowler will host The Amazing Race Australia.

As tipped, the host was announced today following the beginning of filming in Melbourne yesterday.

The former Mole host and actor was one name rumoured to be in line for the role. US host Phil Keoghan was the hot favourite.

“I was a bit burned out recently and doing something like The Amazing Race breaks things up for me,” Bowler said.

“It’s such an exciting show to be part of.”

The Aussie teams are already overseas, rumoured to now be in Bali.

“This is such a big show. No one’s been more surprised than me that I’ve been asked to do these hosting jobs,” said Bowler.

“But I love it. It’s human psychology at work.”

Bowler should prove a winner for this one. Be careful what you take through customs guys!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/11/grant-bowler-to-host-amazing-race-australia.html

Grant Bowler got the gig. Probably the best choice outside of Phil.

He was by far the better of the two hosts of the Mole.

The local race starts at the MCG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Amazing Race Host?   

Back to top Go down

Australian Amazing Race Host?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com