HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Year 12 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:19 pm

carlton11 wrote:
How many hours of studying per night have you Year 12s been doing over the past month or so?

I can honestly say I probably did an hour max for each exam I did. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:26 am

Well the 3 hours from hell are over, and they were not nearly as bad as expected

I smashed the language analysis out o the park
Did reasonably well on the context
but did a poor piece on text response

overall i was happy with it though
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 am

i reckon the text response and context were my best, i did alright on the language but reading over it in the last minute i think i jumped over the place too much

8 days off now...then methods...yuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:43 am

What was your theme for context?? our school did whose reality
Back to top Go down
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

we did encountering conflict, not bad really as i can relate a lot of it to my international studies work and come up with a UN speech. And book was A Man for All Seasons and movie was Look Both Ways for section A, topics were alright for those

How bout you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am

mozza wrote:
we did encountering conflict, not bad really as i can relate a lot of it to my international studies work and come up with a UN speech. And book was A Man for All Seasons and movie was Look Both Ways for section A, topics were alright for those

How bout you?

Haha I did Look Both Ways when I was in Yr 12 as well. Couldn't stand that movie but it has one of the most hilarious line I've ever heard in movie from the main guy. "I got cancer in my head... in my legs, in my balls!!." Just the way he said it, classic.

Now waits for Svoer to have a go at me. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:01 am

Yeh we did encountering conflict too Mozza.

I did Omagh for EC, Life of PI for text response which is a really complex novel, and obviously the Language Anaylsis

Feel pretty good, finished with plenty of time and went over it and was pretty happy, but ill never say i smashed it or dominated it or it was easy for fear of what will happen if i get a shit result. Some people were running out of class and hugging their teacher saying i aced it. Please, id laugh if they did shit.

Overall pretty happy with it, my wrist is pretty saw atm, dunno if thats just coincidence but it is.

The worst of it is over and its all up hill from here, not long to go boys. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 am

yeah i did Omagh for the context one, felt alright afterwards but yeah i hate those people who say they did brilliantly.

Having said that, people hate me for always just shrugging and saying i dunno i did alright, so you can never please everyone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah haha, i try to stay pretty cool and modest, no one really likes a no it all, and if you get over the moon before your results, you only set yourself up for dissapointment.

What did you think of the prompt. I found it pretty difficult, thought it was a bit of a doosra, but got round it and was pretty happy.

With LA did everyone mention the visual components of the article? Ive been told by my teacher (who is a deadset gun teacher, had 10 of his 20 students get over 40 last year) that it is vital. Thought LA was probably my weaknesses, because i probably didnt do enough revision on that as it was my strength, and i needed to do work on the other two. Got a 20/20 for the sac during the year, so hopefully it goes well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:11 am

i thought the prompt was a bit odd at first but once i got going on it i was happy with how i went

definitely mentioned the visual components of the LA, teacher's would've killed me if i didn't do that

what are you aiming for? i'd be happy with 35 really as i stuffed a couple of the language ones earlier in the year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 am

For Semester 1 i was on A, Semster 2 was A+, but then i got glandular and missed a lot of class.

Being optimistic here, but id love a 40, i need a 40 to get into my course pretty much as its in my top 2 subjects, i reckon if i can get an A+ i could well get there.

Obviously being optimistic, but i think its not out of the question at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Have you used the enter calc? gives you a rough idea what your score will be based on your marks through out the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

nah can you link me

ive done one where you just predict your study score, but i proper one would be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:37 pm

i used one just online and got around 93, which is around what i'm aiming for so hopefully i can get through the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm

that thing sucks

if i get a B in maths further it says ill get a 28. im so depressed now.

If i fluke a A and maybe a high B+ on Maths exam plus straight A's on my other exams the best i can do is 87, and the worst 76.

Doing shit subjects that get marked down has killed me, if i had my time over id do different.

what subjects do you do Mozz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:42 pm

mozza wrote:

How bout you?

ahh we also had A man for all seasons for part a but i chose our other book, Into Thin Air.

On the visual, if you didnt mention it well dont expect a good mark. They put it in there for a reason, its not optional.

and Mozza thats a good as score, i was using it the other week and was getting around the 75 mark
Back to top Go down
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 pm

english, methods, legal studies, indonesian and international studies, i'll be lucky to get a 30 in methods, but the rest i'm ranked highly so i think i'll do alright
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeh language is awesome, if your relatively good at it its pretty much a straight up 40, wish i kept it up

Id love to have changed Business Management to an internation politics or History Revs if i had my time over, would help the enter too, oh well, not the end of the world.

This kid at my school in the year below is fluent in Italian and French, hes set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I english his first language though??
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:41 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:52 am

Thats awesome, the kid is set
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:38 am

One more HSC exam to gooooo Smile sucks that it's 6 days away! want it to end asap...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:02 am

Had my PE exam yesterday, did alright. Gotta hand up an assignment tomorrow and then another on Friday, Psychology exam next wednesday and I'm finished. Very Happy

Looking at getting around the early 90's for my TER too, wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to mid 80's though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 am

How'd everyone deal with further??

I had a quick squiz over the mutliple choices answers today and it seemed as though i went alright, but after my final exam i'll have a bigger look at it.

I stuggled on a couple of questions todya but i coped i guess. what modules did you boys do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Year 12 2010   

Back to top Go down

Year 12 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum