HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Your Ashes XI?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 am

none the less he has played 5 FC games and averages 40, hardly warrants a national call up

plus 9 with the bat so he offers nothing there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
True about Wes Robinson. He is really being overlooked by the selectors

Robinson opens the batting. Australia have 3 test quality openers... very little need for him to be looked at.

There are alot of spinners ahead of Beer. Even Dutchy Holland would get a game before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:40 am

And to be honest, i reckon north is just as good a spinner as smith or doherty. hauritz the best in the country but not good enough = dw about spin 4 pacemen.

Jon Holland far and away the best talent, maybe in 3-4 years, same for boyce - and maybe smith, but we'll have to wait till then unless someone does some amazing shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 am

Queens Park wrote:
And to be honest, i reckon north is just as good a spinner as smith or doherty. hauritz the best in the country but not good enough = dw about spin 4 pacemen.

Mate you're a dick you spin so much shit i'm fairly sure you don't even no what you say sometimes..

Queens Park wrote:
3) Doherty i love but he's a 1 day bowler, SOK is the premier spinner in the country.

Queens Park wrote:
Krejza is a quality spinner need some real turn against the poms and I just think he's good

Sooo SOK is the premier spinner in the country but Hauritz is the best spinner in the country and you would rather Krejza over them all scratch

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_fb_
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 am

Hughes is easily the best option to replace Katich for mine. He's young, averages 50 in tests and has produced some scores this summer, not to mention he hit 80 odd against England in a tour game. He might not tick the box of being in top form with the bat but he has proven a whole lot more than Marsh and Cowan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:10 am

Beckham wrote:
Queens Park wrote:

Mate you're a dick you spin so much shit i'm fairly sure you don't even no what you say sometimes..

Queens Park wrote:
3) Doherty i love but he's a 1 day bowler, SOK is the premier spinner in the country.

Queens Park wrote:
Krejza is a quality spinner need some real turn against the poms and I just think he's good

Sooo SOK is the premier spinner in the country but Hauritz is the best spinner in the country and you would rather Krejza over them all scratch

&tbh caught out but in honesty forgot sok do rate him but upon thinking about it sok probably isn't as much of a wicket taker....he's like doherty but better tbh.

krejza do feel he's harshly done by 14 wickets in 2 tests....turns it but can be expensive but worth it but realistically won't play again hence saying hauritz...at least relevant to australian team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 am

Svoerman wrote:
NRL_Fanatic wrote:
True about Wes Robinson. He is really being overlooked by the selectors

Robinson opens the batting. Australia have 3 test quality openers... very little need for him to be looked at.

There are alot of spinners ahead of Beer. Even Dutchy Holland would get a game before him.

He doesn't need to open the batting. Most of his time he is at number 3 or chuck him at 6 to replace north OR have him to open and Watson down the order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Here's mine:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. Khawaja
7. Haddin
8. Smith
9. Harris
10. Bollinger
11. Hilfenhaus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Again, very little need.

Watson is has an avg of about 50 opening the batting. He looked by far the best while playing Anderson when he was swinging the ball late in the first innings. Wait until watson starts stuggling before moving him down the order.

Ponting will be at 3 (rightly or wrongly) untill he calls it quits.

theirs just little/no need to look at Robinson at the current time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Smith is not the answer. he is an exact prototype of Cameron White.

Powerful hitter and skilfull player, came into the side as a player that can both bat and bowl a bit, and much like Cameron White i think he will become a much more permanent batsmen, and the bowling side of his game will fade as he ages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:55 pm

TGBY wrote:
Smith is not the answer. he is an exact prototype of Cameron White.

Powerful hitter and skilfull player, came into the side as a player that can both bat and bowl a bit, and much like Cameron White i think he will become a much more permanent batsmen, and the bowling side of his game will fade as he ages.

Strong agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Like what Mark Nicholas said, we need to know what exactly Steve Smith is...a batting or bowling allrounder. Not sure if he's bowling will fade though, seems pretty keen on it and I hope he doesn't stop bowling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:04 pm

In the future Shane Watson will be Australias next number 3, I wouldnt be against putting him there now IF there was a suitable opening replacement. Which I dont think there is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:37 pm

He is though - him or usman. probably him due to experience and khawaja/hughes opening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 am

i had smith in the side for his batting ability. At the WACCA the spinners usually dont play the biggest role. If it was at the MCG he wouldnt be in my side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:47 am

DB wrote:
i had smith in the side for his batting ability. At the WACCA the spinners usually dont play the biggest role. If it was at the MCG he wouldnt be in my side.

Fair enough, but seen as we have taken an abysmal 16 wickets in two tests, and England have made 6/1100 in there last two innings combined, it would make a whole lot more sense to have him at 6 if hes in there for his batting. 3 pacemen and Watson isnt going to do the job, we need all the strike force we can get, so youd imagine it would be a more sensible move to play a Hilfy or another pace bowler at 8 instead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_fb_
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 am

Thinking this is what the selectors will settle for

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Harris
Siddle

Bit reluctant on having Johnson seeing as he won't get any game time before the next test but if he is going to take wickets anywhere, it's going to be at the WACA and he is one of the few strike bowlers that Aus have at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:12 am

Heres what i would like for the next test.

Honestly, i think Hauritz should be given another chance, he has proven himself at international level, not as a prolific wicket taker, but certainly capable of taking wickets. With that and his solid batting form making a brilliant 140 or something, i think he is the best choice we have to fill the spinners spot, and the number 8 spot, which will hopefully mean we dont have to bring back Johnson.

For North im leaning towards Smith at this point. His form with the ball is good, 4 for in the first and 2 for in the second, but id also love to see D.Hussey given a cracka as i think he is very capable. If he can pile on some runs in the upcoming match for Vic i would be over the moon to see him get the call up.

Hughes has been out of form, but he has proven himself at the top level as capable of making runs, so i think he is the safest option at this point in time. i am not a fan of picking players that have been out of form so im still up in the air on that decision. I dont know if Khawaja is ready for a big call up just yet, but id go with one of those two, and because of his form, i'd prefer Khawaja.

For the final bowling spot, i dont think Bollinger is fit enough, and it would be a criminal move by the selectors (not the first) to pick Johnson again seen as he has in no way proven that he deserves to be re-selected, which leaves us with Hilfenhaus. I am a fan of hilfy and i think he deserves another crack.

Having said all that, the side i think we will go with for the third test will be:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. Khawaja/M.Hussey
7. Haddin
8. Johnson/Smith (would prefer him at 6 than 8 but this is my prediction)
9. Harris
10. Siddle
11. Hilfy

Will be really dissapointed if Johnson gets back in, but i can honestly see it happening, especially at the WACA. Wouldnt mind Ponting trying something different with Michael CLarke, but i think he is being restricted by his back problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 am

Johnson was told by the selectors not to play in the Shield game for WA so that pretty much cements his place in the team. If he dosn't get picked then you would ask what the f*** the selectors are doing as he needs overs under his belt. So yeah he's playing which is shit and even if he performs i'll still keep asking myself why does one player get the special treatment and others like Hauritz (recent example) have to go back and perform (like they should have to).

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 pm

I can see Australia naming a 15 man squad.

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
MHussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger
Haurtiz
Harris
Usman
Cameron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:16 pm

cameron wouldn't be close - dropped from nsw the other week ffs!

copeland mckay george all ahead imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am

TBH I only put in Cameron as he bowled relatively well againts England in Hobart...

It could be anyone as that 15th man - however I doubt they'll play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 am

Beckham wrote:
Johnson was told by the selectors not to play in the Shield game for WA so that pretty much cements his place in the team. If he dosn't get picked then you would ask what the f*** the selectors are doing as he needs overs under his belt. So yeah he's playing which is shit and even if he performs i'll still keep asking myself why does one player get the special treatment and others like Hauritz (recent example) have to go back and perform (like they should have to).

Because Johnson has proven himself to be a match winner in the past. Hauritz hasn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 am

SBW wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Because Johnson has proven himself to be a match winner in the past. Hauritz hasn't.

Yeh point taken.. It's hard to explain but wouldn't you have more chance of being a match winner when in form and feeling good about yourself.. He's going into the next test with nothing more then a few net sessions so what has changed since being dropped? Nothing that's what. I just always feel a player should have to go back and prove himself and warrant selection no matter what his name or what he has done. Everyone is saying yeah he's the only X factor Aus has blah blah, yeah that may be the case but seriously the bloke has been shit for a big period now and while he may be a matchwinner/x factor when in form and was so good for us before this poor run he looks a long way off being Australia' match winner once again.

Hauritz has won games for Aus in the past just saying.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 am

Team for Sydney...

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Khawaja
4. Ponting (c)
5. Clarke
6. Hussey
7. Haddin
8. Hauritz/Smith
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Bollinger/Hilfenhaus

If Katich is fit bring him in... Khawaja is a must, he's surely next in line and we might as well give him a crack in the fifth Test. Punter down to four, Clarke to five and Hussey to six. Ponting has been rubbish these past 12-18 months, but I'd be shattered if the selectors sack him for the final Test, let him go out on his own terms imo (Sydney may well and truly be his final Test). Clarke has been crap since he moved up to four, drop him down the order where he's played some of his best Cricket and then obviously Huss would move down to six. Bring back Hauritz (wont happen), why the fk was he dropped in the first place!!

PostSubject: Re: Your Ashes XI?   

Back to top Go down

Your Ashes XI?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum