HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

What would you do if you won $27 million?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:17 am

Lotto in NZ has jackpotted to $27million this weekend, which is as large as it has ever got. I'm not normally a lotto ticket buyer (I prefer to bet on sports etc and it just never really interests me), but I think I'm definitely going to have to get a ticket this week.

I spend about 20 minutes each way going to and from work each day on the bus, and my latest daydream has been spending this money in my head, which tends to make time fly.

Anyway, if you were lucky enough to strike it lucky...

What would be the first thing you'd buy?

Whereabouts would you base yourself?

How many homes would you own, and whereabouts?

How much would you give to your family members?

How much would you give to your friends and how many friends would you give money too (if any out at all)?

Would you continue working in any capacity?

What would you spend your time doing?

If possible, try to answer as seriously as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 am

What would be the first thing you'd buy? Would probably go out for lunch with a few of my best friends (about 5 or 6 total) and get on the **** all day Sunday.

Whereabouts would you base yourself? Wellington for now.

How many homes would you own, and whereabouts? I would own a home in Wellington ($2m), an apartment in Auckland ($1m) and an apartment in Melbourne ($1m).

How much would you give to your family members? I would give my parents $3m and my brother $3m.

How much would you give to your friends and how many friends would you give money too (if any out at all)? I would give my 10 best friends $100k each.

Would you continue working in any capacity? No. I would probably buy a stake in a couple of small businesses and just be a Director on the Board, leaving the day to day operations to someone else.

What would you spend your time doing? I would attend a lot of traveling around the globe to sporting events, and would probably do a few university papers in areas of interest. I would also spend a lot of time doing charity work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:28 am

- 7mill spilt my immediate family.
- Home in Melbourne
- Apartments in Boston, London, Paris
- Wouldn't give any to friends... just be more genourus when out.
- Start up a small business/invest on the stock exchange.
- Lock some money up for when i'm older.
- Live off the interest made on a small portion.

Thats just off the top of my head. Obviously thats just a rough idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:33 am

Yeah I was thinking of going for an apartment overseas but i'd probably just pimp out a fancy hotel suite over there. Would definitely consider a London apartment though the more I think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 am

I'd want atleast one in Europe and America.

I also wouldn't buy a MASSIVE house, just renovate a small family home to make it more luxurious.

Thinking about it some more, i'd probably try to continue studying. However it would be difficult to get motivated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:07 am

convert it all into $1 gold coins, then pretend that i am a pirate, then end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:52 am

Oz Lotto or Powerball in Australia jack potted at over $100m last year.

But with $27M, I'd leave it all in the bank and use the interest $$$ I'd get. If I needed to splash on anything I would.

I'd also think about going to Europe for like a year and partying it hard with my mates all expenses paid for haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:30 am

I'd just line up some epic concert somewhere in the world and shout all my mates over, that would be one of the first things I'd do.

I'd probably just base myself at home but wouldn't stick around here, I'd be travelling all over the place.

I wouldn't own any houses just yet, wouldn't want to worry about anything.

Would give my parents 2mil and 2mil to both of my sisters. Would also give 500k to Grand Parents and close relatives (4x500k)

Got a deal with a mate that if either of us win over $1000 we give the other 4% of the total winnings, so be just over a $1mil to one mate. Would hand out a 100k each to 10 other mates.

after all that giving away I'd be left with $17million, 10 of that would go straight in the bank and I'd rake in the interest.

Don't think I would work as I have a pretty shit job as is so be keen to get out of that.

With the other 7million I'd do lots of traveling lots of partying and lots of concert going. Smile

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 am

You'd lose a fair bit on tax ppls..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:13 am

Not in NZ. Lotto winnings aren't taxed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:16 am

SBW wrote:

Lucky bastards..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:16 am

Bad thing about this is a lot of people you sort of half know will try and be your friend just for the money and it'll be hard deciding who to give some money to. You can't obviosuly keep it a secret from people as it would be fairly noticable if your driving around in a Porsche or something. If I won that sort of money I'd give a fair chunk of it to a lot of charities and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
SBW wrote:

Lucky bastards..

Yea but, its in NZ Dollars so its worth about 15 Mill Australian.

Lotto winnings aren't taxed in Australia aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
I'd just line up some epic concert somewhere in the world and shout all my mates over, that would be one of the first things I'd do.

With the other 7million I'd do lots of traveling lots of partying and lots of concert going. Smile

I'm suprised you wouldn't book AC/DC for a private concert. Wouldn't cost more then a mill for that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 am

Al3x7754 wrote:
Bad thing about this is a lot of people you sort of half know will try and be your friend just for the money and it'll be hard deciding who to give some money to. You can't obviosuly keep it a secret from people as it would be fairly noticable if your driving around in a Porsche or something. If I won that sort of money I'd give a fair chunk of it to a lot of charities and stuff like that.

That's why you tell those half friends to get fucked haha!!

If I was to go on a trip with my mates, it'd only be 5-6 max. Only the closest of friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:41 am

If I won $27 million, I would probably go on an overseas holiday with my family, to just relax, get away from everything and really get my head around it and think about what I'd do with it. Would give some to my family and close mates, maybe about 7 of them. Would also buy some sporting memrobillia, and buy a bigger wallet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 am

The first thing I would do is go on a holiday overseas, probably to Spain and then to London so I can watch some EPL Smile Would go with my family and close friends.

Would probably give 2 mil to each of my parents, and my sister.
I would only give money to 4 of my friends, as I only consider them to be my 'closest' friends. All my other good mates I would just be generous when we are out etc.

While I am only 15, I wouldn't be able to buy a house myself, but I would definitely give the money to my parents to buy a good new house.

I would put a lot of it away though, so I have all the money saved up for when I am older.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

Yo SBW if you win 27 million, slip us 20k

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 pm

SBW wrote:

I think NZ would probably work it the same way Aus does. They don't tax the lump sum payment, but they tax the money you earn through investments and bank interests.

Still wouldn't say no to $27 mill, but right now i wouldn't say no to $27.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah that's what I was referring to. The initial winnings.

Any earnings after that are obviously taxed. Unfortunately Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:17 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
SBW wrote:

Lucky bastards..

first major win in australia isnt taxed. if you win big again it is taxed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Anyway, if you were lucky enough to strike it lucky...

What would be the first thing you'd buy?
Id grab a few close mates go out for a dinner with everyone and go have a great night (would be my shout all night obviously Razz yeah bar tab)

Whereabouts would you base yourself?
id like to be based back in brisbane.

How many homes would you own, and whereabouts?
Well with $27 mil you wouldnt need to invest in property so it would just be for places you wanted to live at. I would obviously have the one that i would be based in, then one in bendigo (family reasons) and im not sure about a place overseas (could help with tax evasion Razz muahahaha)

How much would you give to your family members?
Probably go about a mil to each of my parents. Stuff my step family hahahahaha mil to brother and 500k to the gfs family... better look after them

How much would you give to your friends and how many friends would you give money too (if any out at all)?

If you won that amount of money i would be tempted to not let on how much i have. But there is a few close mates that i def would give some money. probably about 200k each i guess

Would you continue working in any capacity?
I would like to keep working just so i dont get bored which will no doubt happen. TBH id probably keep going with what im doing now

What would you spend your time doing?

enjoying life Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Let's just pretend I'm 18 for a second.

What would be the first thing you'd buy? A new car for my mum lol. Then the next priority would go around the world, but spend heaps of time in Japan.

Whereabouts would you base yourself? Tough one, would prob want to buy a big house but the parents aren't getting younger and they want something small, so yeah, prob just buy a luxurious small residence.

How many homes would you own, and whereabouts? One in Wollongong, one in Townsville.

How much would you give to your family members? 5 million to my parents, 2 million to my brother, none for my other brother. 500k for my Aunty. The 19 million spent will be for me, a fair chunk of it going toward a trip to Japan, Europe, Asia, Egypt.

How much would you give to your friends and how many friends would you give money too (if any out at all)? 100k for about 5 mates each.

Would you continue working in any capacity? Yeah I think I would, would be fair boring I think just doing nothing all day

What would you spend your time doing? Being a rich snob Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Brenton wrote:
Let's just pretend I'm 18 for a second.

What would be the first thing you'd buy? A new car for my mum lol. Then the next priority would go around the world, but spend heaps of time in Japan.

Whereabouts would you base yourself? Tough one, would prob want to buy a big house but the parents aren't getting younger and they want something small, so yeah, prob just buy a luxurious small residence.

How many homes would you own, and whereabouts? One in Wollongong, one in Townsville.

How much would you give to your family members? 5 million to my parents, 2 million to my brother, none for my other brother. 500k for my Aunty. The 19 million spent will be for me, a fair chunk of it going toward a trip to Japan, Europe, Asia, Egypt.

How much would you give to your friends and how many friends would you give money too (if any out at all)? 100k for about 5 mates each.

Would you continue working in any capacity? Yeah I think I would, would be fair boring I think just doing nothing all day

What would you spend your time doing? Being a rich snob Cool

Laughing

Id put most of it away for later on in life then just go fucking mental with the rest of it Razz.
Give some to parents, sister and other close family and 3 or 4 really close mates.
Go to USA.
Buy a sexy car, nice house etc.
Would want a place here in Brisbane, London and NYC.
Id probably still work in some form coz id get bored shitless otherwise haha.

I can dream anyway...Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Holy Grail
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:27 am

I would love to on a holiday cruise, and just get out there.
Also i would buy a very fancy hotel suite and save some for family reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you won $27 million?   

Back to top Go down

What would you do if you won $27 million?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum