HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NBL Game Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Somewhere for us to discuss all the games of the iinet nbl 2010-11 championship Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm

The Hawks beat the Blaze at the WIN Entertainment Centre 83-77. Good to see them win. Always have a good record there too.

Will try and get to a few games this year, not overly into it but it's good to see them play occasionally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Brenton wrote:
The Hawks beat the Blaze at the WIN Entertainment Centre 83-77. Good to see them win. Always have a good record there too.

Crying or Very sad

Tigers got smashed by Kings didn't watch second half. tigers just look too static in offense they arent creating enough running in the attacking areas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Brenton wrote:

Will try and get to a few games this year, not overly into it but it's good to see them play occasionally.

Did you go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 pm

No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seaeagles
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Got into the NBL a few years ago but haven't really seen much of it since, might try and watch it every now and then this season. Good to see the Kings returning to the league in style, beat Melbourne Tigers 84-68 tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Seaeagles wrote:
Got into the NBL a few years ago but haven't really seen much of it since, might try and watch it every now and then this season. Good to see the Kings returning to the league in style, beating Melbourne Tigers 84-68.

This is me. Was a big Dragons fan then they folded so I got into the NBA instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:08 am

Great win by Sydney last night. They were massive underdogs going into the game, but completely controlled the game. Khazzouh is an absolute beast. He was tipped to have a very hard night up against the Tigers tall timber, but he completely dominated the boards and the paint. Nevill looks like a very good player as well.

Ervin lead the Hawks very well it seems. 27 points in his debut is a bloody good effort. He also had 19 free throw attempts haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am

Speaking of Underdogs, the Adelaide 36ers got up by 5 points at Brett Maher court over the Perth Wildcats.

Troy De Vries, Adam Ballinger and Jacob Holmes were among the best 36ers, while a magnificent early block and a superb alley-hoop dunk in the 3rd by import Craig Winder were bloody insane and got me off my seat Very Happy

For Perth, Lisch and Redhage were the best.

36ERS Grin

Last edited by TheFeldster on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:18 am

What a start! I bet no one was expecting us to win today, but we dominated the boards and finished it off with points. Troy De Vries (Not Tony, Feldy Wink ) was immense with 20 points, 8 rebs and 5 assists. Holmes had 3 points, but had a mammoth 18 rebounds. 9 were offensive, which he is best known for. Just happy to get the first W on the board, especially against the reigning champions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 am

Embarassed My bad on the De Vries thing. I got a bit excited.

I knew what I meant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 am

Didnt get to watch much of the Cats game only a few parts of the second half so i cant really comment on performance as a whole. Just looking at the stats online and it tells me what i thought. Its not that we player bad or anything. Put it simply our shots just wouldnt go. In saying that both teams shot 35% from the field throughout, It seems the damage was done early. We cant hit all our shots every game and there will be plenty more like this. Just need to stay positive. Redhage was good, Lisch good. I also liked the look of Knight. Of course i will say more about the respective players as i see more (especially the new blokes)

From the Field, Weigh, Knight, Wagstaff and Tovey shot a combined 4/29. As a team we were even down on our usually near perfect free throws shooting just 70%.

As i said i didnt see much but i liked the look of De Vries, very impressive.

I dont think this loss will effect us much. We have to get on with it. Next week our road trip continues. It takes us across to New Zealand and then to Melbourne. Both games are winnable for us. We certainly dont have to make any major changes to the game plan. Generally 1 win from a 3 game road trip is acceptable. At least one win then push on as our home and away clashes even out. And not that anyone cares but we lost our 1st game last year, yet it obviously meant nothing at the end of the season. And by the end of this season, this loss wont mean anything.

On an unrelated note does anyone hate the fact that we are only permitted to have 5 on the bench (10 players in total) for road games while home teams can have 7 (12 total). Its hard enough playing away but it just gives the home team another advantage. Okay granted i understand that they play 10 min quarters. (which needs to be back at 12) Obviously that means that game time will be affected across the team. But it can effect the away team severely, especially throughout a road trip, where fatigue will set in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Well the wildcats lose 96-94 to the breakers. Really a harsh game to lose for either side. Wouldve loved to see overtime, it really deserved it. Just proves that basketball (or at least the NBL)

Before I go onto the cats. Credit has to go to those breakers players who i have no idea who they are. With players in foul trouble they came in with energy and that is what you want to see from them. On that Vukona, Boucher and Abercrombie shouldve been fouled out in that 3rd quarter. Dont know how they werent. (Well vukona was benched early so i guess that stopped him) Fouls were flying in from everywhere yet for every foul called probably 2-3 missed, though i guess that is harsh, You would have to be a bloody confident ref to be that strict on play. Oh and That bloke, Benny Anthony will be a good player in yrs to come.

For the Wildcats well they can only be dissapointed with the result. That performance would be enough to beat any team, in general. Redhage and Lisch dominating. Martin and Weigh standing up. Knight and Tovey improving...etc

No where near panic time yet. Thankfully the road trip ends in Melbourne get a win there and regroup at home
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm

when i was watching, the cats were in cruise control and i honestly thought they'd win easily. but no i was wrong.

the defending champs are now 0-2 and now head to melbourne. very tough start for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 am

Is Damon LOwery still in the NBL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 am

CHORUS wrote:
Is Damon LOwery still in the NBL

Whoever that is...no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am

Ok.

He was a star in the Hawks' GF win back when I used to follow NBL.

What about the following:

Derek Rucker
John Rillie
Willie Farley
Charles Thomas
Darnell Mee
Kevin Brooks

Found a clip of Lowery's memorable FTs v Adelaide in the 2001 SemiFinals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

Ahhhh that guy. I remember seeing those highlights a few times, bad times. Those players you named are all retired or playing in another competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 am

ah well.

Go Cats
meow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

lowry was the man down here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:48 am

Still missing Brett Maher in Adelaide tbh. Some great talent back in the day, big shoes to fill no doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am

The days of Brett Maher and Willie Farley teaming up i miss dearly. The NBL is no where near as good now as it was back in the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:54 am

90s NBL was the best

Crawford
Grace
Gaze
Bradtke
Loggins
Copeland
Fisher
Heal

we'll forget about Tiny Pinder...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 pm

I missed last night's game, Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow! What a game. Hawks win 71-70 over the Crocs. A dramatic ending, Ervin was given a free throw with only 0.3 seconds left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   

Back to top Go down

NBL Game Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Basketball-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum