HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NBL Game Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 am

The Tank wrote:
Wow! What a game. Hawks win 71-70 over the Crocs. A dramatic ending, Ervin was given a free throw with only 0.3 seconds left.

I was there at the game. Awesome ending.

We really got out of jail though, with the Crocs only managing 24 second half points.

Gees, didnt Ervin go to town late in the fourth...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:58 am

36ers got done like a roast dinner up North last night apparently. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 am

Blaze and Crocs ended 80-80 after the fourth. Gold Coast go to OT to try and get their first win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Gold Coast Blaze win it 94-90 for our first win of the season. Mark Worthington nailed a three when it was 87 all to make it 90-87. Then after we scored a two-pointer, Michael Cedar shot a three for Townsville and made it 92-90. Gold Coast made two free-throw points from as many fouls to get us up to 94. Happy with the first win of hopefully many to come! Go Blaze!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I cant say how relieved i was to come home to the news that the Perth Wildcats smashed the tigers, 91-66.

The stats show that Damian Martin was the star. 21 pts, 10 rbs, 3 asts, 4 stls. Redhage continuing a fantastic start to the season. Lisch with an unusually low scoring game. Just 5 pts. But he did have 7 assists.

On the other side they did a great defensive job. Forcing 31 turnovers. They also out rebounded Melbourne

Looking forward to the Cats opening home game this week. V Hawks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:25 am

perthboy001 wrote:
I cant say how relieved i was to come home to the news that the Perth Wildcats smashed the tigers, 91-66.

The stats show that Damian Martin was the star. 21 pts, 10 rbs, 3 asts, 4 stls. Redhage continuing a fantastic start to the season. Lisch with an unusually low scoring game. Just 5 pts. But he did have 7 assists.

On the other side they did a great defensive job. Forcing 31 turnovers. They also out rebounded Melbourne

Looking forward to the Cats opening home game this week. V Hawks

Watched the game. Bevo must have told the Cats just to put it up from anywhere when they were open, and they did it to great success, hitting 10/23 from downtown.

As big as the Tigers are, i think they are too big and will be exposed all season against smaller teams like the Hawks, Blaze, 36ers and Wildcats.

Hawks games next week will be interesting, as we hit the road for the first time, in a double header against the sixers and cats, and will most likely be without gruber. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 am

Tigers are such a rabble atm. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 am

Meow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am

Finally we get to see the blaze on ONEhd this week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 am

Quite happy with the Breakers start to the season. A away win and a home win. I have a feeling that this could be our season. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game, so happy that the games are back on sky tv! Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 am

Good win by the breakers tonight. The lead kept changing.. Tigers, Breakers, Tigers, Breakers...

CJ Bruton was our best with 25 points. Lets hope we can carry on our winning streak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:10 pm

We had some great basketball being played in the NBA and now it has carried on into the NBL.

Blaze 92 def Taipans 81
I didnt watch (or listen to the game) but i have had a look at the stats. It seems like an even performance across the board. 6 players in double figures. With Worthington top scoring with 20. They shot 47% from the field Compared to the Taipans 44%. Ubaka led the Taipans with 19 pts. Cairns actually won the 1st Q 29-15. Yet they scored just 18 and 14 in the next 2 Qs. Dillon scored 6-6 from the field and 3-3 from beyond the ark in 27 mins. Obviously i cant say much not having seen it. But you have to wonder whether they went to him enough. In 35 mins Ubaka was 5-13 from the field while Dorsey just 4-11, again over 30 mins on the court. Had he been able to get more shots off, perhaps he couldve got some confidence into the rest of the team.

Wildcats 87 def Hawks 84
I couldnt get to the game but was able to listen to it. A nervous couple of hrs listening to it i can tell you.From tip off you could tell it would be a close one in the GF rematch. And the teams didnt disappoint. It really was a team effort to finally put away the hawks. Tovey led the Cats with 14 pts, he also had 6 rbs. Lisch had 13 pts and Wagstaff had 10 pts and 10 rbs. Robbins had 6 ast of the bench. While Everyone else was important. There were times where it seemed they would get on top yet the wildcats were able to get momentum back and eventually seal the win. Unsurprisingl, late in the 4th a 3 from (who else) Kevin Lisch got them back in front and they never looked back. More importantly they committed just 11 Turnovers compared to 20.
For the Hawks Forman and Ervin were the stars. They had 23 and17 pts. However, the only other person in double figures was Davidson, who had 12. They will be disappointed with the loss, yet by all accounts they should be pleased with the efforts because on a different day they wouldve won.
The crowd at the Jungle was massive. There were times where i could hardly hear the commentators over the noise of the crowd. Superb efforts from the best fans in the land.

Next up comes two games in two days away from home. V townsville and Cairns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 am

Blimey, this little Gary Ervin fella at Woolongong is bloody good. 26 points and 13 assists in his effort to help sink the 36ers in Adelaide Sad And one of him teammates said after the game that they're still trying to find a system that works for him. Shocked

Ervin was assisted by Oscar Forman (18 pts, 9 rebs), Larry Davidson (15 pts, 17 rebs) and Tyson Demos (12 points on 80% 3PT shooting) in a 14 pt win at the Brett Maher court.

Craig Winder was statistically among the Sixers' best with 12 pts, 6 rebs and 6 asts, but he made some very questionable shots. Adam Ballinger (12 pts, 4 rebs), Rhys Carter (12 pts, 3 stls) and Jeff Dowdell (11 pts) were also good, while Troy De Vries was a point shy of a double-double (9 pts, 11 asts).

Have to face Sydney next week, hopefully we can bounce back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 am

Nice. Wollongong rarely win away from home so it's good to get the win on the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 am

Only watched the second half because i forgot there was even a game on today. We should have done much better, especially because it was the Hawks second game of the week. Ervin, the little shit, killed us. We didn't really have a standout performer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Wildcats have beaten the Crocs in the first game of the Sunshine Swing.
Wildcats led for basically the whole game but the crocs never went away. They were able to hold on and put them away late but the crocs never gave up. But missing too many opportunities with shots that i just don't think were right. At times they seemed to settle for the 3 when they shouldve drove to the basket and draw fouls.
Really the key play was when Redhage was fouled on a shot from beyond the arc and made all 3 from the line
Redhage led all scorers with 23. Weigh joined him with 18 as the only players in double figures for the cats.
Blalock and PC led the crocs with 19 and 14.
Despite having no Matty knight Wildcats smashed the crocs on the boards, 43 (inc. 10 from Jesse) to 25
Crocs shot 41% from the field and 38% from downtown.
Cats shot 45% and 30%. Both teams had 14 assists. Hinder had 4 while Robbo had 5 including a couple of Nash-like passes to Trueman.

Carn wildcats lets beat the Cairns tomorrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:16 pm

We appear to have dominated the Sydney Kings.

Troy De Vries (18 pts), Adam Ballinger (16 pts) and Craig Winder (15 pts) led the scoring for the Sixers, while Jacob Holmes pulled down 10 rebounds.

Sydney had 17 pt games from Luke Cooper and Damien Ryan, while Julian Kazzhouh contributed 13 pts and 10 rebs for the Kings.

Yay Sixers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 am

Troy derives is a top player hey, Ervin for us Hawks is a star, hope we beat the Tigers at the gong which will make it 2 for 2 in a week and Tigers still haven't won!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Perth get spanked 86-69 by Cairns.

Well there are always gonna be painful adjustment periods when you lose Ricky Grace and James Crawford like that. We'll get through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm

luke kendal has signed with sydney kings there is a press conference in the morning!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 am

CHORUS wrote:
Perth get spanked 86-69 by Cairns.

Well there are always gonna be painful adjustment periods when you lose Ricky Grace and James Crawford like that. We'll get through it.

"Amazing" (Grace) Retired in 05 and "The Alabama Slammer" (Crawford) retired in 99. So whats this crap about a "painful adjustment period" If losing to teams like the hawks at home in the playoffs aint painful enough then there aint nothing else. I hope this is sarcasm.

All damage done in the last 5 mins of the game. 3 and a half quarters and the cats finally slowed down with fatigue from the previous days game against the crocs taking its toll. Then the cairns finally got away and took advantage of careless turnovers.

Yep South its official Kendal is with the kings. He was very good there in his last stint at Sydney. Expect quality basketball this time around. They certainly need a player like him and he can pull them together.

Apparently Wildcats DP player Joel Wagner is also heading across as an injury replacement. Hes an awesome bloke and fully deserves any chances he gets.

This weeks games are:
Fri-AD v NV 7:30
Sat-CRN v GCB 7:30
SYD v TVL 8:00
Sun-PER v NZ 4:00
WOL v MEL 6:00

I assume the times are all local times. Not EDST. obviously because of the cats scheduled time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 am

Don't get your knickers in a Canuck. Of course it was sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:08 am

thinking about getting into the NBL, dont want to sound like i go for the winners but the Hawks are the closest i have to a home, there is no newcastle team and my family in the Gong so... Smile cant wait to watch some on ONE HD.

About to watch the Breakers vs 36ers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
thinking about getting into the NBL, dont want to sound like i go for the winners but the Hawks are the closest i have to a home, there is no newcastle team and my family in the Gong so... Smile cant wait to watch some on ONE HD.

I wouldn't bother too much tbh. It's crap basketball. Once you watch NBA, the NBL is so unwatchable. Well for me anyway. But it's good to have a team in it for the sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

I wouldn't bother too much tbh. It's crap basketball. Once you watch NBA, the NBL is so unwatchable. Well for me anyway. But it's good to have a team in it for the sake.
so ur the basketball version of a eurosnob then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   

Back to top Go down

NBL Game Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Basketball-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com