HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NBL Game Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:
thinking about getting into the NBL, dont want to sound like i go for the winners but the Hawks are the closest i have to a home, there is no newcastle team and my family in the Gong so... Smile cant wait to watch some on ONE HD.

About to watch the Breakers vs 36ers

I wouldn't bother too much tbh. It's crap basketball. Once you watch NBA, the NBL is so unwatchable. Well for me anyway. But it's good to have a team in it for the sake.

I think thats harsh. I quite enjoy watching the NBL. Obviously its not going to be near NBA Quality. True, when the form is down it isnt that great. But when teams Like Perth, NZ and Wollongong get going it is quite good. Players Like Redhage, Worthington and Erving have been tearing up this season. MVP Kirk Penney is gonna be back soon as well.

Hank-I say support the local game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Sprooly wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:
thinking about getting into the NBL, dont want to sound like i go for the winners but the Hawks are the closest i have to a home, there is no newcastle team and my family in the Gong so... Smile cant wait to watch some on ONE HD.

About to watch the Breakers vs 36ers

I wouldn't bother too much tbh. It's crap basketball. Once you watch NBA, the NBL is so unwatchable. Well for me anyway. But it's good to have a team in it for the sake.
so ur the basketball version of a eurosnob then

I had to google that...

And no I'm definitely not. Boomers all the way, 100% but I can't watch that much of the NBL. If top teams such as Perth and New Zealand are playing I may have a peak and I like to see Gold Coast win but it's quality isn't anything great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Back on the actual games, which I'm getting back into, the Breakers beat the Sixers 78-82.

Lucky to be in it at all tbh, but we blew our chances at the end.

Without looking at stats, I'd say Craig Winder was our best player. Just seemed to know where everyone was on the floor and gave it 110%, fantastic stuff.

Ballinger, Ng and De Vries played good games for us also.

For the Breakers, good games for Abercrombie, Braswell, Vikona and CJ Bruton. Quality team game.

And Hank. Go with your local side. Yeah, the quality is a bit less than the NBA, but the game won't grow out this way without local support, so get cheering Grin Nothing better than getting to a game as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:13 pm

yeah keep me updated through here as to when the Hawks game is on Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:24 pm

NZ wont be as lucky on Sunday. To bad im a glory member so wont be at the game. (having both memberships didnt quite work out so i decided to drop the cats coz i wanted to be a part of Glory's first real championship attempt. So much for that. Oh and to save money)

Anyway lets have a look at the stats.

Adelaide 1st:
Ballinger on 8/11 shooting top scored with 16 pts. Didnt receive much support though De Vries on 5/14 shooting finished with 11, as did brad hill who shot 4/9. The only other real noticeable player performances was Winder (9 pts, 6 ast) and Holmes with 7 boards. Hill fouled out.
As a team they shot 45% from the field but just 3/19 from beyond the arc. 33 boards, 18 asts and commited 13 turnovers.

New Zealand:
Abercrombie had 20 pts (8/15) and 9 boards. Braswell with 19 pts (8/18) and 6 assists. Bruton had 18 pts. Vukona had 10 pts (5/9) and 8 boards. No other real noticeable performances except for Boucher who grabbed 6 boards. Both Abercrombie and Braswell Fouled out. (note that its 5 fouls not 6 before you sit)
As a team they also shot 45% and 5/19 from downtown. 42 boards, 19 assists, 16 turnovers.

Tomorrow:
Cairns v Blaze Prediction: Cairns by 4
Sydney v Townsville Prediction: Townsville by 10

Sunday
Perth v NZ Prediction: Perth by 8
Wollongong v Melbourne Prediction: Wollongong by 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Perth Wildcats have SMASHED the Breakers by 40 pts 114-74.

Redhage on fire with 32 pts and 10 boards. Weigh chipped in with 16 and 8 boards and Lisch got 14 pts and 3 steals despite getting permission to leave in the 4th to go to Telethon. Martin had 12 pts and 12 boards, Wagstaff 8 pts 6 boards. Matty Knight returned from injury to grab 8 pts and 5 boards.

Everyone made an appearance and everyone scored and recorded at least one other stat.

There were only a couple of players from the breakers who stood up. Braswell 16 pts and 6 boards, Wilkinson 14 pts, Vukona 11 pts, 8 boards, Webster and Abercrombie had 8 pts each, Pledger 7 boards.

New Zealand shot just 32% from the field and 24% from beyond the arc. 37 rebounds, 16 assists and 23 turnovers. And get this Wilkinson had the only steal.

The Cats shot 44% from the field, 36% from Downtown, 52 Boards, 20 Assists, 12 turnovers and got 9 steals.

Next up its a trip to Melbourne for a game against the tigers. They lost in Wollongong today to continue their winless start. Of course the Cats and Melbourne played in Melbourne, earlier this season with the cats Smashing them. Hopefully it will be another big win for the Cats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:32 pm

We would have won by even more had Scott Fisher suited up. He's BEAST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:55 pm

A Couple of top games tonight with 2 victories to the vising teams. Wollongong came out and beat NZ. Meanwhile, K. Lisch led Perth to a Win in Melbourne.
First to the clash in NZ. It was like watching the PHX game all over again. Breakers couldnt buy some pts tonight. Every body was off target. Kirk Penney returned for just his 2nd game but he couldnt inspire them with even the simplest layups failing to drop. While the Hawks were led by former Breaker in Forman who had 21 pts and 11 boards. Davidson 15 pts, Saville had 11 boards and 9 assists.

Breakers shot just 32% from the field and scored just 2 baskets from beyond the arc out of 15 attempts. The Hawks shot 42% and 41% but it was their free throws that kept NZ in it. They were 14/28 with Ervin just 3/12 at the line. Needs to take advantage and hit more.

To Melbourne and the Tigers v Cats faceoff. The cats came in after killing NZ While Melbourne were 0-5. Midweek they cut TJ Campbell and brought in MVP Corey "Homide" Williams. Who only got in yesterday and 1 light training session before playing.
Tragargh led the tigers with 19 pts. Burston had 12 boards. Greer 10 boards.

Homicide had 15 pts and 10 assists and played the whole game. I still cant work out why they did that. He was clearly struggling throughout the game, sometimes just feeding the ball in, not the usual driving and aggression at some pts. With no conditioning, just a light training session, its just bad man management. Couldve gotten injured. I know if i was the Cats coach i wouldve said to the team to test him out. Try and take a few charges on him, a few hard fouls. Our guards certainly played him hard.

For the Cats it was K. Lisch who stole the show. 20 pts including 4/7 from downtown. Redhage continued his superb form and grabbed 15pts and 7 boards. Weigh, Knight, Robbins and Martin joined them in double figures. Tovey had 7 boards.

Melbourne shot 47% from the field but just 29% from 3. Wildcats shot 40% for both-including some of the toughest 3 pt attempts around. Of the 10 at least 6 were contested. Oh and the cats only missed 1 free throw and that was matty knight.

The remaining games this week are (my tips in bold):
Taipans v 36ers
Blaze v Tigers
Crocs v 36ers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 am

Watching Gold Coast vs Melbourne now on ONEhd. Go Blaze Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 am

Homicide Williams is the king
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Black Bird wrote:
Homicide Williams is the king

No your thinking of Andrew Gaze
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:40 am

Or Carmie Olowayo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 am

Brett Maher says hi, guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Anyone watch the Game 2??? Fucking intense...

CJ hit a 3 with 2 seconds left to send it into over time..

then with about 12 seconds left and with NZ leading by 4 in OT some random hits a quick 3, NZ gets 2 free throws and nails them both and with about 6 seconds left the same guy hits another 3 from wayy behind the 3 point line to send it in to 2OT OMFG.

NZ lost but F*** it was good viewing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah awesome game and so glad cairns got a win and make a game three happen, almost broke and now in game three of GF go cairns .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:16 am

Yeah, I saw the highlights. Pretty intense game by the looks of it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 am

Were the horrendously low shooting percentages in that game indicative of incredible defence, or the pressure getting to the players...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
perthboy001
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Well i am pissed off that i forgot about this thread.
Some big points throughout the year. Get to those later

First off All Congratulations to The New Zealand Breakers on becoming the 1st NZ team to win.

It was never in doubt. They stormed home to win 71-53 this afternoon
If it wasnt for Rychart the game wouldve been over in the 1st half.
You have to say they did deserve it on the back of their season. Like last season the top team was always going to win (though i admit to getting my hopes up after game 1 of the cats-breakers semis match-up)
So lets take a look at the game:
CJ and Rychart led all scorers with 14, in what was really a poor shooting effort, very low scoring, Neither team close to shooting 42% from the field, let alone 45%, and from very good shooting teams as well.

Wilkinson helped out with 13 pts. While Kirk Penney was terrible ended up on 3/10 shooting (2 from downtwon) and a few from the line to end up with 11 pts.

Dusty had no help, Loughton was next with just 8 pts. In fact Dusty had 10 boards, With Dorsey 8. Abercrombie and Vukona both had 10 with solid support in helping them dominate the boards.

Not really any other real stats that stand out. Cairns went 2-25 from downtown. Alex hit one of them while Crosswhite the other. A heap of players were in foul trouble. Breakers dominated inside, but the taipans had 7 blocks to the breakers 1.

Well thats it for another season.

As far as i know there will not be any expansion teams and hopefully it will be the same teams battling it out, once again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 am

Melbourne Tigers new coach Trev Gleason has signed Daniel Dillon and Liam Rush to the side, also they bringing back Trigger, Burston and Corletto with Greer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Melbourne Tigers have completed squad, they look ready to get a title with this line up, Cairns the poor guys lost all their talent.

Matthew Burston, Daryl Corletto, Daniel Dillon, Ronald Dorsey, Tommy Greer, Bennie Lewis, Liam Rush, Cameron Tragardh, Ayinde Ubaka and Lucas Walker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:19 pm

NBA Draft Nominee and College Star Anatoly Bose Joins Kings in Coup for Sydney ...

guy was a beast in college, many surprised he didn't get NBA drafted..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 am

Apparently the Adelaide 36's are getting Gary Ervin, the Hawks gun guard and last seasons MVP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Old news but Patty Mills signed with Melbourne Tigers, also they launching the season on Wednesday, stupid really in the middle of AFL finals but neverless...

NBL TO LAUNCH 2011/12 SEASON IN MELBOURNE ON WEDNESDAY

The National Basketball League will formally launch the 2011/12 iiNet NBL Championship season in Melbourne on Wednesday 14 September and will also reveal its four-year business plan as well as making a major announcement.

A bevy of star players and head coaches from around the league, including newly signed Melbourne Tigers NBA superstar Patty Mills and head coach Trevor Gleeson, will be present along with the 2012 iiNet NBL Championship trophy.

Also set to attend is new Townsville Crocodiles head coach Paul Woolpert, Boomers and Gold Coast Blaze guard Adam Gibson and Perth Wildcats star Shawn Redhage who is set to make a dramatic return from what many believed was a career-ending hip injury. A full list of player and coach attendees is below.

Basketball Australia Chief Executive Officer Larry Sengstock will be on hand to launch the season and also make a major sponsorship announcement.

Full details of the NBL’s business plan for the next four years will also be released for the first time.

The event will be held at MAIA on Central Pier 15 at Docklands, with the media component of the launch set to begin at 12:00PM Noon.

Working media are invited to cover the launch and should call Marc Howard on the number below to confirm their attendance ASAP. There will be multiple photo/footage opportunities against the magnificent Docklands backdrop, as well as interview opportunities with all players, coaches and officials in attendance.

The 2011/12 iiNet NBL Championship season tips-off on October 7.

WHAT: Official NBL Season Launch

WHO: Larry Sengstock (BA CEO), Patty Mills (Melbourne Tigers), Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne Tigers), Adam Gibson (Gold Coast Blaze), Julian Khazzouh (Sydney Kings), Shawn Redhage (Perth Wildcats), Adam Ballinger (Adelaide 36ers), Russell Hinder (Townsville Crocodiles), Alex Loughton (Cairns Taipans), Paul Woolpert (Townsville Crocodiles), Mary Clarke (Adelaide 36ers), Aaron Fearne (Cairns Taipans), Joey Wright (Gold Coast Blaze), Rob Beveridge (Perth Wildcats), Ian Robilliard (Sydney Kings), Trevor Gleeson (Melbourne Tigers).

WHEN: Wednesday 14 September, 12:00PM Noon

WHERE: MAIA, Central Pier 15, 161 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Melbourne

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Woolongong seriously we are missing a center, Dragons could be back next season, if so watch out illl be back on the wagon lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBL Game Thread   

Back to top Go down

NBL Game Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Basketball-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum