HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Bangladesh!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Bangladesh!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 pm

4-0 series win to Bangladesh lol.

To those Kiwis don't mean to rub it in or anything, but yeah... Laughing

Could this be the start of something special for Bangladesh Cricket!?

Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 pm

^^ hahahahahaha yeah kiwis!!!!

good on bangladesh though. its good to see there cricket system finally developing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 pm

NZ cricket is in the shitter at the moment. Vettori, McCullum, Mills and Taylor are the only ones up to international cricket who are in the current team (on a good day you could include Ryder).

Williamson will be a star in the future, but currently he's just not up to it (even though he tonned up the other day). In his short career at the one day level he's had 5 innings - 1 hundred, 3 ducks and another score of about 15. However he won't improve playing in domestic cricket in NZ, so he's got to remain in the team.

Gone are the glory days of 2-4 years ago with Fleming, Bond, Astle and Vincent in the NZ team. Even Jacob Oram has turned to shit over the past couple of years. I still remember a past tour when he was very dominant in the Comm bank series in Australia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaplaamin
Trainee

PostSubject: Banglawash   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 pm

What a show from tigers...They just crushed kiwis.

What a Banglawash Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by shaplaamin on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.artsloc.com
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm

they've been showered with gifts now

new cars, blocks of land in the good park of Dhaka, not too bad at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I've been on the wagon since Mohammad Ashraful.

Poor sod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 am

I could go on forever talking about the black caps but I won’t.

Selectors need to be given the axe some of the selections are just mind blowing. McKay and Stewart should never been picked. Kane Williamson not being selected for the first 2 ODI’s? What a joke.

McCullum needs to drop down the order. He aint playing anywhere near his best up there.

Can’t wait till Neil Wagner is able to play for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:23 pm

I agree with you about McCullum moving down the order. A quick 30-50 when opening can't win you a game, however a quick 50 can batting down in the order/coming in late in the innings can.

Williamson has only made 15 runs in 4 innings (excluding the 100) which gives plenty of reason not to play him. You've got to play your best 11, obviously on those numbers Kane wasn't in NZs best 11 at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 am

Yeah but he needs to experience those conditions before the world cup..

Big series coming up against India. I am afraid we will be a hiding. I am surprised that Jamie How didn't get selected in our test match squad. He has been getting a few runs lately and some experience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 am

fair points...

Whos currently opening for NZ in the test matches? Walting and...?

I'm guessing the selectors are thinking that stability is the best option now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Macintosh.

His spot is pretty safe, not sure on Waitling's though. On Deaker on Sport tonight Vettori said that McCullum wants to bat in the top 3 in test matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm not sure McCullum is consistent enough to bat at 3. If he was, he would have to dump the gloves and focus 100% on his batting.

What ever happened to Daniel Flynn? he was decent last time NZ toured Australia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm

The Bangladesh team has always had the potential and it's good to see them finally gelling as a team. Shakib has been a gun for a couple of years, a genuine all rounder and Tamim Iqbal averages over 40 in Tests with the bat which is extremely rare for a Bangladeshi player and he's still young. They should be able to build a team around those two. Even lesser known guys like Mahmudallah are good, he averages 37 in tests with the bat and 36 with the ball.

Good times ahead for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Svoerman wrote:
I'm not sure McCullum is consistent enough to bat at 3. If he was, he would have to dump the gloves and focus 100% on his batting.

What ever happened to Daniel Flynn? he was decent last time NZ toured Australia.

Daniel Flynn was average at best.. Averaged 29.33 with the bat with games in Australia (Tests)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:38 am

McCullum aint keeping any more in test matches mate. Daniel Flynn has been scoring runs of late.

We are all just trying to find some answers but there aint many out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:01 am

Brenton wrote:
Svoerman wrote:

Daniel Flynn was average at best.. Averaged 29.33 with the bat with games in Australia (Tests)

WOW a 2 test tour... Did you even remember seeing him bat or are you just going off stats? He played very well in Brisbane on the greenest pitch Australia has seen in recent memory.

If you think averages are the be all and end all.. Before touring Sri Lanka last year Flynn averaged 38 with the bat - Which is very handy. The guy has potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bangladesh!   

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum