HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 am

Xavier Doherty 's impressive start to the interstate season has been rewarded with a call up to Australia's 15-man squad for the three match Commonwealth Bank Series against Sri Lanka.

The full squad is: Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Clarke (vc), Xavier Doherty, Brad Haddin, John Hastings, Nathan Hauritz, Mike Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Clint McKay, Peter Siddle, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Shane Watson and Cameron White.

http://cricket.com.au/news-display/Doherty-named-in-ODI-squad/22338
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great to see Doherty called up for the squad! Definitely well deserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I_Love_Liverpool
Professional

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am

wtf, no Cam Ferguson, this has to be a mistake, if not the selectors need to be shot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

What's with all the hype around Mitch Starc? Don't know about you blokes but i don't rate him at all certainly not enough to be playing for Australia. We have that many better bowlers in the ranks.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Beckham wrote:
What's with all the hype around Mitch Starc? Don't know about you blokes but i don't rate him at all certainly not enough to be playing for Australia. We have that many better bowlers in the ranks.

Agree 100%. I thought the exact same thing when I saw him in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

The Australian selectors really need to be dumped. They are picking all these young players in the hope that they have a "big" game so it will make them look like geniuses that will create headlines in the media and that they will have a big career ahead of them. I agree with ILL, where is Ferguson? He was a rock in the Aus OD team before his injury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:33 pm

And where is David Warner, they said they were going to give him another go at this level. He didnt play in India and he isnt in squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Personally I rate James Pattinson better than Starc. I also think Paine should become our full time odi/T20 keeper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 am

It would be a joke if David Warner made the squad over Brad Hodge - thank god he didn't

I'm pleased that Furguson didn't get his spot back right away. He has to atleast show some consistant form before playing for Australia again IMO.

Starc plays for NSW, theres the reason why he get selected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Awesome to see the X included in the squad, here's hoping he gets a game or two. A little disappointing Hodge didn't get selected... with the WC around the corner I thought he may have been a chance for selection here. Also no Hopes? He's been a solid contributor for the past few years in ODI's... apart from that it's a good squad.

Guru

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:00 pm

these 3 ODI games against Sri Lanka wont be as important as the 7 ODIs against the Pommies during the Ashes series.

dont be surprised if Ferguson and Hodge get picked for the ODI series against the Poms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included   

Back to top Go down

ODI Squad vs Sri Lanka - Doherty Included
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum