HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Expanded Big Bash League

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Expanded Big Bash League   Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:52 am

Well as most would be aware next season (2011/12) will see our T20 Big Bash League expanded to an eight team competition. James Sutherland was just on Inside Cricket... it sounds as though CA is leaning towards a draft to decide which teams get which players etc. No decision has been made on which two cities will be added to the competition and it's not known how many players each squad will consist of at this stage.

Anyway what are your thoughts on the expanded T20 Big Bash? Is it good for Cricket in this country? Would you still like to see overseas players take part in the competition? Which two cities/teams should be added to the League?

Guru

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Big Bash League   Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm

I think its a great idea to attract overseas players down here. A draft would be good too but some sort of salary cap should be in place so teams remain fairly even. Not too sure on locations for the two teams. obvious choices would be central coast/newcastle, gold coast, north qld and act. dunno what their fan base would be like though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Big Bash League   Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm

I reckon Cricket Australia should bring in ACT and NT into the big Bash. Let those two states have a dig at it and also develop these two teams into the standards which our current domestic teams have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Big Bash League   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm not to sure I'm a big fan to be honest. But It might grow on me like the new One Day format has.

What a love about the Big Bash is seeing the emergance of young superstars. With more and more high profile cricketers coming over then there will obviously be less spots up for grabs.

I'll see how it goes though before I make an actual judegement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanded Big Bash League   

Back to top Go down

Expanded Big Bash League
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum