HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Shane Warne comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like to see Warne play test cricket again?
Yes
100%
 100% [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Shane Warne comeback   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 am

For full article
http://www.sportal.com.au/cricket-news-display/bring-back-warne-104557

Quote :
The calls for the 41-year-old leg-spinner to return have been constant in recent weeks but the distinctly average performance from slow left-arm orthodox bowler Xavier Doherty - who took 1-158 in Adelaide - has seen the pleas grow louder.

A Bring Back Warne website (www.bringbackwarne.com) has been created which is taking donations from the public to present to Warne in order to entice him to return.

Donations have already topped $4,000 but as The Daily Telegraph reported on Friday, a group of Queensland businessmen are said to tempt to Warne with a whopping $1million carrot.

Australian coach Tim Nielsen admits a time issue will play a part in Warne's decision and also revealed that his future would be the subject of a discussion between the selectors on Friday.

"He only has three weeks," Nielsen said, referring to when the Ashes series will end.

"I don't know where he is at with it or if he has talked about it. I haven't spoken to the selectors, they are meeting (today) and will have a pretty clear idea of where they are going then."

"Warnie hasn't got a lot of time. He has been working hard in the commentary box so it might be a bit hard for him to jump out to the middle. If we had to bowl for 150 overs he might feel the heat a bit."

Any comeback from Warne would give Cricket Australia a huge financial boost with crowds and television ratings sure to rise.

I doubt Warne will come back, but I'd still love to see him don the Baggy Green again and play some more tests for Australia. I really want to find see what the selectors will say, if there is any chance of a comeback for Warne.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Shane Warne comeback   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:25 am

Please Warnie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Shane Warne comeback   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 am

Haha. Desperation at its finest Laughing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shane Warne comeback   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 am

Some guy offered him $1mill for a comeback...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Warne comeback   

Back to top Go down

Shane Warne comeback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion