HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Australian 12 man squad...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:07 am

Apparently Shane Warne is a selector...

Ricky Ponting (c)
Michael Clarke (vc)
Michael Beer
Brad Haddin
Ryan Harris
Phillip Hughes
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mike Hussey WA
Mitchell Johnson
Peter Siddle
Steven Smith
Shane Watson

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 am

well it's...different

i really hope Smith plays well, i've always had fears over him not really excelling with either bat or ball and without North, there's more pressure on Haddin and Smith to really contribute right down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 am

Smith has to play (i didn't think i'll say that so soon) Otherwise Haddin it as 6 and Johnson is at 7.

Obviously the selectors can't admit they were wrong about Haurtiz.

If the Australian selectors want a left arm spinner to get KP out, why don't they go for the guy who got him out in Hobart?

Just load up on England to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:56 am

Hughes' form is an interesting one, just made 4 and 0 against SA, having said that he's the logical choice and it was harsh to drop him

Which spinner got KP in Hobart, O'Keefe? he can't even get in the NSW side. On that note though, Beer's record isn't good, his economy rate is high, and the Vics took 15 off his only over in a First Class game, so he just sounds like another Doherty

England win sounds good Svoey

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:13 am

Its a shame because i really dont want either Beer or Johnson to play, but its going to be one of them. If i had to go with one id say Beer because Johnson needs to earn his way in the side, but i can see him capitulating and being smashed.

Good to see Smith in the side, he has been in decent bowling form, and id like to see him have a few overs, and make some runs with the bat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:25 am

Beer, Johnson and Hughes? Thatll do me. Stupid selectors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:31 am

Yeah, I'm still not sure on Hughes especially after the 4 and 0, but I guess he has to prove himself some how.

Smith has to play. We need someone who does know how to bowl and bat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Yeah, I'm still not sure on Hughes especially after the 4 and 0, but I guess he has to prove himself some how.

Smith has to play. We need someone who does know how to bowl and bat.

Watson, North, Clarke, Johnson (in form)???????

your statement doesnt make a lot of sense to me tbh.

I reckon Johnson and Beer will play, and England to pile on more runs.

Hughes is an ok selection, despite his form he is probably the safest selection of all the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:56 am

Beer's playing, Australia wouldn't pick him for his local knowlage of 5 games otherwise + the problem of slow over-rates of 4 frontline quicks means he's 99% in the team already.

Siddle misses out for mine. Harris was the best bowler in Adelaide, they wouldn't pull Johnson from a FC game if he wasn't going to play and Siddle hasnt' taken a wicket for a very long time.

If anything this is a weaker team then the one at Adelaide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 am

This is a f***ing joke, Warnie is the only bloke in Australia who wants Beer to play and guess what he gets picked? It's almost as if the selectors want us to be talking about how shit they are.. F*** off the lot of you.

Like a few of you said Hughes is in shocking form but he's the type of bloke that is likely to rise to the occasion and do well.. England will obviously pepper him with short stuff so if he keeps his nerve and gets through it he'll be ok.. Smith just got 8 for the game for NSW so he's in good touch atleast and smashed a quick 40 odd to win them the game. Johnson back in well you all know how i feel about it despite how he performs.. And Beer well no comment i just hope he dosn't take the field.

Once again wrong wrong wrong the fans should be asked every game to pick a side we'd put a better team on the park then this group of f***wits.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 am

id have haury and hilfy instead of beer and johnno if i was picking the team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 am

Yep, agree with TGBY. Haury's form has been good and he bowled pretty well today, some great length and good turn.

Just wondering who is the man that can drop/sack the selectors? Is it Hilditch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am

Hilditch is a selector... so it isn't him..

Probably the board of cricket australia - however thats just a guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 am

The F*** is Beer? Honestly ive never heard of him til Warnie mentioned him and now hes picked Laughing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 am

I have no idea how Beer made the squad. I don't why Hauritz isn't in. I'd prefer Krejza over Beer as well.

Johnson's selection makes no sense at all but did anyone get that feeling during the 2nd test where it'd be nice to have Johnson bowling. I dunno what I mean but you just feel a wicket could come even though most ball go wide.

From the squad I'll predict what the team will look like.
1. Hughes
2. Watson
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Siddle
10. Harris
11. Beer

12. Hilfenhaus

I'd prefer Hilfy over Beer though, I'm a huge fan of Hilfy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 am

MacGillas comments...

Stuart MacGill believes the incomprehensible rise of Michael Beer into Australia's Test team proves selection chairman Andrew Hilditch has officially lost the plot.

Oh, dear.

The unheralded 26-year-old left-arm tweaker was playing grade cricket in Melbourne last season.

He moved to Western Australia because he wasn't good enough to represent Victoria.

He has a mere 16 wickets at the unflattering average of 39.93 in the Sheffield Shield.

Hilditch claimed it was a horses-for-courses selection with Beer expected to excel on his home ground in Perth.

But as MacGill rightly pointed out, Beer has only played at the WACA ground three times in his life. And he's never taken more than three wickets in an innings.

"I am gobsmacked, shocked, I honestly cannot believe it," MacGill, one of Australia's greatest ex-spinners, said.

"To be honest, from Andrew Hilditch's comments, he doesn't even really know who Michael Beer is. He said he'll bowl well in Perth because it's his home ground.

"I'm not sure Andrew thought those comments through before he made them.

"Look, Andrew Hilditch is a lovely bloke but someone needs to tell him Michael Beer has not spent his career playing at the WACA.

"Three games there and nothing better than a three-for. Honestly, there is no big picture here.

"The team will have to change again after the next Test. Good on Michael Beer, good bloke and good player, but look at this as a job interview and show me his qualifications to get this job.

"He doesn't have any. He is not qualified for the job they have given him. Sending him out there next week, what are they trying to do?"

MacGill described Hilditch's decision to grab a Beer as the weirdest in about three weeks.

"Xavier Doherty was out there, too, to be honest," MacGill said.

"They are clearly telling Nathan Hauritz, 'You are never playing Test cricket again'. I don't understand that. Xavier Doherty should never have played the first two Tests. Michael Beer shouldn't be playing this one.

"Australia has one fulltime selector now in Greg Chappell. They should all be fulltime selectors because Andrew Hilditch is not watching enough cricket."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/the-ashes/stuart-macgill-savages-selection-of-michael-beer-as-australias-spinner-for-third-test-at-the-waca/story-e6frf3gl-1225969301789

Spot on Stuey, he raises some very good points not just about the selection of Beer but about the shithouse selectors.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:19 am

^ Yep spot on.

Jon Holland has dismissed Strauss and Cook in the tour game between Victoria and England that is being played atm. Perhaps he could be picked for Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 am

Its an absolute farce.

Not only is Beer unproven at national level, hes completely un-proven at first class level too. It seems seen as we had some relative success with picking Hauritz out of the wilderness, that we want to pick every player out of no-where and pray that it works. Pick someone who is proven at the top level and can show he can do the job, for gods sake.

Lets take a look at some of the lead-up form of Beer and Hauritz:

Hauritz:
3/68 and 0/44 and 146

they dont exactly scream pick me, but when your already the best in the country it is enough in my eyes.

Beer:
1/45 and 2/91 and 24*

from an unproven bowler at just about any level, i fail to see, and it baffles me how these stats warrant selection, especially when you look at Hauritz which are very similar with the ball, and far better with the bat, not to mention the fact he has proven himself at international level

This just frustrates me to no end, i may sound like a broken record but this selection business is an utter joke, something needs to be done.

Coming up against probably the most in-form top orders in a long time, the outlook for Beer does not look good, and frankly id be rather amused to see Pieterson, Cook, Trott, Bell and co take him apart

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am

Well no surprises from the selectors, they've named an unchanged squad. Lets hope Beer is up for the challenge.
---
Ricky Ponting (capt)
Shane Watson
Phil Hughes
Michael Clarke
Mike Hussey
Steve Smith
Brad Haddin
Mitchell Johnson
Ryan Harris
Ben Hilfenhaus
Peter Siddle
Michael Beer

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:16 am

Would probably rather the 4 quicks to be honest, just don't want Beer to come in and f*** everything up..

Latest games:

Beer: 3.0, 0/25 (0M, 8.33 rpo), 8* (23), 8.0, 0/27 (1M, 3.38 rpo), 0 (9) (Match completed)

Hauritz: 13.0, 1/22 (4M, 1.69 rpo), 110* (177) (Match still in progress)

Hauritz has been blitzing it of late while Beer has continued to stink it up.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:23 am

Bloody bullshit. I knew Hauritz probably wouldn't get the call up because of what he came out and said.

He can't do much more performance wise though. He has been bowling well and is the best spinner there is to chose from and is batting brilliantly at the moment.

I'm hoping Smith gets to bat and bowl...As I would rather that then Beer but if they want Smith to focus on his batting and just that...I guess Beer willcome in as you would assume they would pick a spinner.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 am

Surprised they havnt named a cover for Ponting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 am

Hauro ordeal is reminding me a lot of Hodgo gettin shafted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:15 pm

And also last week's newspaper stated that Hauritz started selling some of his Australian stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Yeah he was selling his old gear and also merchandise of his in a garage sale and also said something like "I don't play for them anymore" regarding the Australian side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian 12 man squad...   

Back to top Go down

Australian 12 man squad...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com