HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who Will Win?
Australia
75%
 75% [ 3 ]
England
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Ponting might be out for the series if scans reveal anything serious. Who would be the replacement? Surely Khawaja if he was part of the first game squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

If Katich is fit then I reckon Hughes still stays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Katich is gooooone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Shows how much I paid attention ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Roger wrote:
Ponting might be out for the series if scans reveal anything serious. Who would be the replacement? Surely Khawaja if he was part of the first game squad.

hope not. it was just an awkward one that skinned his finger. A bit of blood but ill bet good money he will be out there from ball one tommorow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 am

Finish the job boys, great to see a decent effort from the Aussies and it certainly is paying off.. The momentum has swung baring a miracle and it sets up an absolute cracker on Boxing Day. Like Svoey said conditions are totally different and suit the Poms alot more then ourselves so it's going to be a totally different ball game.. Slack for Beer though, still not sure on the line-up i would play.

Anyway finish the job Australia!!! Over before lunch? Yes please.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 am

Bell Gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 am

That's it, that's the one we needed gone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 am

Hussey is the fucking man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 am

This could be over very soon.

Who do you give MOTM? Harris, Johnson or Hussey. Hard choice.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 am

Give it to Hussey. He saves us when our top order can't do shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:16 am

Johnson - 9 wickets and a 50 when we needed it badly. Has to be him. Hussey particularly unlucky.

Give Smith a bowl..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 am

Beer in for Siddle my only change for boxing day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 am

Siddle is a good fielder and he wasn't useless this test. He scored better than Clarke and could take wickets.

No reason to dump him on his merits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 am

Well that was pathetic.

Ah well, put this behind us and move onto the G.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:24 am

We need to play a spinner in Melbourne, and he offered the least of all our bowlers. Only thing that may save him is that it is his home town
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:28 am

Take 2 ...

Siddle was only given thirteen overs to bowl, to be fair. You can't do much if you're not given the chance.

Edit: I think Smith and Siddle scored the same over two innings. Funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 am

haha thats the richest thing ive ever heard. You tell me to get some perspective, yet you have never taken any perspective in your life, and whenever someone disagrees with you, you make ridiculous claims (ie. calling sprooly a racist), so get off your high horse.

Someone has to go, and off all the bowlers i think he is the most likely. Can you not comprehend the fact that someone has to make way for a spinner. Or am i being racist against Victorians?

Ever stop to think there was a reason he only bowled 13 overs?

Johnson and Harris gauranteed a spot, and i thought Hilfy bowled really well and really economically, and his swing bowling offers more than Siddle. Just my opinion. You can disagree, but you dont have to make a fool out of yourself in doing so.

Last edited by TGBY on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 am

Awesome stuff Smile

Loved them talking to my boy Steve Smith after the match Very Happy Hope he can really break things open with a big innings at the MCG.

Johnson and Harris the stars with the ball, but can't take away from Siddle and Hilf who both bowled well.

Hussey batted brilliantly again and a great knock by Watson in the second innings.

1-1, bring on boxing day!

On the TGBY/Cynic argument:

Siddle may have only bowled 13 overs, but that is because they obviously prefered Johnson, Harris and Hilf.

I agree with TGBY that it should be the only change, depending on Ponting...If Punter can't play, then you bring Khawaja in I think.

I'm not 100% sure on Phillip Hughes, but I guess we could give him another chance, as you can't make too many changes.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:39 am

TGBY/Cynic.

Cynic you're a joker. Siddle is a dud, he's done nothing for two tests, and the majority of his career....a spinner is a necessity at the 'G, and well, the captain, and performances, prefer the other three...so why would you drop one? siddle easily the worst bowler, who cares he's a fucking victorian, he's shit, mckay, wright and hastings all > him anyway.

Probably would bring back Hauritz (another century today) but that won't happen, it'll be beer, you can't just call him up then drop him

Johnno MOTM...ponting says he'll play...lol, he'll be dropped!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:41 am

i think shit is a bit of an over-reaction, but I, and i'd imagine ponting, certainly prefer the other three.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seaeagles
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:45 am

Awesome to have the win rapped up with more than one and a half days left in the test, will no doubt give us a lot of confidence going into the Boxing Day test, which if all goes well then we can reclaim the Ashes in Sydney. Was great to see Harris tearing up today, big fan of his and this probably secured his spot in the test team for a while. MOTM is Hussey for mine, played two great innings and is just an out and out champion. Johnson and Harris obviously unlucky.

Definitely Beer in for Siddle for Melbourne, while he may not deserve to be dropped he hasn't exactly done much since day 1 at the Gabba, and we need a spinner at the MCG. Will be interesting to see exactly how Beer goes if he indeed gets the call up this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 am

Yeah, I would rather Hauritz for sure, but they won't go with him so that is why I am calling for Beer to play at the G.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 am

Hilf, McKay, Hastings, George, Duffield, Wright, Johnson, Harris, Bracken, Lee, Cameron, Copeland, Bollinger, Nannes.

All >>>>>>>>>>>>> Siddle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:50 am

i hope your watching the TV, Cynic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum