HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who Will Win?
Australia
75%
 75% [ 3 ]
England
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Draw
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:52 am

Cynic (Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:48 pm) wrote:
If anyone can have five players who deserve to stay I'll be very surprised.

I can name 4 (Watson, Hussey, Haddin, Siddle??)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

People would prefer Tufnell to Siddle, if I bothered to ask them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Of the batsmen youve got Watson, Hussey and Haddin. Maybe Katich if he didnt get injured.

Cant say too much for the bowlers just going on the first two tests. Obviously it could all change tomorrow but tbh I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 pm

NRL_Fanatic (Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm) wrote:
Cynic (Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:48 pm) wrote:

I can name 4 (Watson, Hussey, Haddin, Siddle??)

Siddle? he hasn't taken a wicket since day 1 in brisbane... Hardly commanding his spot in the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Time to go Ricky...only problem is I don't think Pup is a suitable replacement. I vote Bollinger for captain!

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Cynic (Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 pm) wrote:

Watson Hussey Haddin Harris Hilfenhaus.

ends there though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Queens Park (Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:59 pm) wrote:
Cynic (Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 pm) wrote:

Watson Hussey Haddin Harris Hilfenhaus.

Again, Hilf gets dropped and comes back on no FC performance... people saying Johnson shouldn't be in the team. with the same logic Hilf shouldn't be either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 pm

FTR.

Smith, Hussey, Watson, Haddin and to a lesser extent Harris.

Smith atleast has form coming into the test.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Who's taken the most wickets for Australia? Top 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm

I'd assume

Sidde
Doherty
Harris/Bollinger..

Stats can be very miss leading... how many overs has Siddle gone without a wicket?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 pm

How bad could we have been in the first test had it not been for Siddle?

Take the bad with the good. Or in your case, the good with the bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

hahaha, i'm a very negative person...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 am

Again yesterday was a terrible performance. Again it was the Huss who led the way, another good performance, it's unfortunate he couldn't go on with it. Good knocks from Haddin and Johnno as well. Oh and a terrific last wicket partnership, that was great to watch.

imo Haddin has to move up to 6. He's in good form with the bat and needs the opportunity to bat longer with proper batsman. I reckon Smith is very capable of batting at the no. 7 role as well so it doesn't mess up the order too much.

Huge day for the Aussies today. If it turns out to be another day dominated by England then the urn could be theirs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Time to go Ricky...only problem is I don't think Pup is a suitable replacement. I vote Bollinger for captain!

Although it would never happen because hes not in the side, Cameron White would make the best captain for Australia if Ponting stepped down or was sacked. But you cant sack Ponting now, because who would replace him? Id hope for dear life its not Michael Clarke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:53 am

TGBY wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Although it would never happen because hes not in the side, Cameron White would make the best captain for Australia if Ponting stepped down or was sacked. But you cant sack Ponting now, because who would replace him? Id hope for dear life its not Michael Clarke

Maybe Hussey or Haddin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
TGBY wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Maybe Hussey or Haddin.

How is that a fix though. Hussey and Haddin are 35 and 33 respectively. Hussey is running out of time, and the Aussies are desperate to fastrack Paine into the side, so it would only be a short term fix, which i doubt the ACB is looking for at all.

Hussey's career hung by a thread at the start of the Ashes. Yes hes been in great form, but a wise captain choice, i dont think so personally.

For me it's Ponting, White or bust. I reckon White would make a great captain, but he cant even get in the side. If only he was a NSWelshman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:09 am

North would make a great captain too...oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:48 am

Cam White would've taken that catch... I'm not sure Watson is a natural first slipper.

Strauss taking to Harris now... 12 off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:19 am

Midge gets Cook out... Midge go get em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:20 am

Good boy Mitch, line and length
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 am

YEESSSSSS... Mitch has now got Trott out!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:33 am

Midge might have KP here!!!! England reviewing it.

EDIT - KP is goneskies.. Midge on fkn fire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:35 am

JOHNNO on fire. NEW HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED

very much a confidence bowler
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:54 am

Harris has Strauss.

England reeling at 4/94.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 am

RHYNO!!!!!!!! CYA LATER STRAUSS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: Australia vs England - 3rd Test
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum