HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Future of Australian cricket

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 am

This is what I would do for the next test

Hughes
Watson
Hussey
Khawaja
Bailey
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Siddle
Beer
Hilfenhaus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am

The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
If we lose this test, I think we need to change the team for Sydney

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Hilfenhaus/Copeland/Bollinger/Starc

So you're dropping Huss after 1 bad test after everything he has done for us this series? F***ing joke hang your head in shame, the series would be over already if it wasn't for him, he has been the 2nd best batter in the series for crying out loud. F*** some people are quick to jump on/off players just have abit of faith. Clarke over Huss OMFGGGGGGG? If Punter is dropped then why is Clarke retained? What a clown.

Fire up champion.
I love Hussey. His performance in Melbourne has nothing to do with me getting rid of him. I'm not dropping him because of his batting in Melbourne... Don't know why you think I've jumped off him after this game, I'm not one to stop supporting players or lose faith in them, maybe that's why I'm not dropping Clarke?

I want to see Australia make some changes and bring in some youth for the future. Players like Khawaja/Ferguson that will be there for the next Ashes series, and hopefully the one after that.

Gee i dunno, maybe because you dropped him you idiot.

But I haven't dropped him based on his performance this test

K so you dropped him based on his performances in the first 3? Yeah i guess he didn't score enough did he. scratch

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 am

The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

No way.

We need to go out of this Ashes series with some credability. Fielding a non-strength team purposely would be an embarassment. And I'd much rather draw the series 2-2 than seeing those Poms going home with a 3-1 win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 am

Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

So you're dropping Huss after 1 bad test after everything he has done for us this series? F***ing joke hang your head in shame, the series would be over already if it wasn't for him, he has been the 2nd best batter in the series for crying out loud. F*** some people are quick to jump on/off players just have abit of faith. Clarke over Huss OMFGGGGGGG? If Punter is dropped then why is Clarke retained? What a clown.

Fire up champion.
I love Hussey. His performance in Melbourne has nothing to do with me getting rid of him. I'm not dropping him because of his batting in Melbourne... Don't know why you think I've jumped off him after this game, I'm not one to stop supporting players or lose faith in them, maybe that's why I'm not dropping Clarke?

I want to see Australia make some changes and bring in some youth for the future. Players like Khawaja/Ferguson that will be there for the next Ashes series, and hopefully the one after that.

K so you dropped him based on his performances in the first 3? Yeah i guess he didn't score enough did he. scratch

Alright well I agree with you on that we'd be fucked over if was not for him yes. But shouldn't Australia rebuild? Look to the future Ashes series? How long do you plan on Hussey sticking around for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:50 am

The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

Fire up champion.

Alright well I agree with you on that we'd be fucked over if was not for him yes. But shouldn't Australia rebuild? Look to the future Ashes series? How long do you plan on Hussey sticking around for?

So rebuild by dropping our best player of the series? Some selector you would be, lets drop the player making the most runs.. Would you drop Tendulkar just because he's getting on abit even though he is still class? Hussey hasn't done anything worthy of being dropped so why would we need to rebuild when he is still the best player for that position.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 am

Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

Fire up champion.

So rebuild by dropping our best player of the series? Some selector you would be, lets drop the player making the most runs.. Would you drop Tendulkar just because he's getting on abit even though he is still class? Hussey hasn't done anything worthy of being dropped so why would we need to rebuild when he is still the best player for that position.

I'm dropping Hussey because there's good young players coming though, and our team is in the shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 am

What, like Smith? ... What's he done again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 am

Ferguson and Khawaja
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 am

That's kinda awkward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:03 am

The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

Fire up champion.

I'm dropping Hussey because there's good young players coming though, and our team is in the shit

And that is no fault of Husseys can you get that point through your f***ing head already.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:
Beckham wrote:
The Tank wrote:

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Clarke (c?)
4. Khawaja
5. Ferguson
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle

Fire up champion.

And that is no fault of Husseys can you get that point through your f***ing head already.

Hussey won't be there in 5-10 years time. If our team is doing as badly as they are surely you look towards the future and bring in some young guns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

People are being way too short sided... Something needs to happen and a message needs to be sent to the players (batsman) that what they're dishing up isn't good enough. If I was a selector for Sydney I wouldn't make the MASSIVE changes that people are suggesting in this thread. While Ponting isn't in the greatest of form I'd still have him in the team and at 3 for the Sydney test for one main reason - His age. You drop Ponting now he isn't getting back into the test side. He has done soo much for Australian cricket over the past 15 years to go out like that - its a thing of respect, and getting dropped for a dead rubber to end your career isn't being respected by those who run cricket australia.

The one change I would make, is to drop Clarke, its sends a message that poor performances won't be tolerated - sending a huge message to the rest of the squad. He still has age on his side to make it back into the test team in the future. You tell him to go back into shield cricket and make a couple of 100s before the end of the season before picking him on the Bangladesh tour next year.

Team for Sydney

Watson
Hughes/Katich
Ponting
Khawaja
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz/Beer
Siddle
Hilf.

If Australia cricket want to make Massive changes do in Bangladesh... not at the SCG.

Well thats what i would do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 pm

My team for Sydney:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Ferguson
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Beer
McKay
Siddle

Hilfy has been up and down in the series. Always bowling well but with no success in wickets. Dunno what happened to McKay. After his debut against West Indies he was gone. IMO he has been the one bowler that looks certain to take a wicket with his change of variation and he also took 4fer against England in their tour game and score 53 with the bat. No reason in not giving him another go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qasim555
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Australia team future is so good. It is a best of one team in the world.cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of Australian cricket   

Back to top Go down

Future of Australian cricket