HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:33 am

enjoyed that game. very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 am

Shattered... yeah we didn't deserve the win but the way the lads fought back and looked to have nicked all three points was just brilliant. Credit to Villa for fighting back late, they definitely deserved something out of that game. The table is so congested at the moment anyone in the top five could still finish anywhere between positions one to five, but it's going to take massive effort from us to retain the title now... still not giving up hope though.

JT had one of his better games in quite some time, Lamps showed some good signs and Bruma will be better for the run. Anelka and Ferreira have to be dropped, both just aren't performing on a regular basis.

Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

That was a top game last night, really enjoyed it. I'm happy it was entertaining cause i was fkn bored last night Sad

Lol @ Villa's card count. The ref was very yellow card happy last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Panthers wrote:
Shattered... yeah we didn't deserve the win but the way the lads fought back and looked to have nicked all three points was just brilliant. Credit to Villa for fighting back late, they definitely deserved something out of that game. The table is so congested at the moment anyone in the top five could still finish anywhere between positions one to five, but it's going to take massive effort from us to retain the title now... still not giving up hope though.

JT had one of his better games in quite some time, Lamps showed some good signs and Bruma will be better for the run. Anelka and Ferreira have to be dropped, both just aren't performing on a regular basis.

Agree, Anelka especially.
He had a fkn mare last night, nothing he did came good and then ofcourse he went into one of his little tantrums which doesnt help anyone really haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Damo
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:51 pm

F*** was at the Local Irish bar for that and was watching Chelski match, F*** about 20 people were watching. I was cheering for Chelsea for obv reason. Had to Nigerian guys go crazy when Villa equalized and got kicked out lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 am

a_F_c wrote:
Panthers wrote:

Agree, Anelka especially.
He had a fkn mare last night, nothing he did came good and then ofcourse he went into one of his little tantrums which doesnt help anyone really haha.
Dunno what's going on with him. He's pretty good on the ball but he must be bloody hard to read because no-one seems to know when his passes are coming and he often screws up our moves. He also keeps dropping deep when I reckon he should just stay up, he can't work like a playmaker. And also, he doesn't seem to give a crap when the rest of the lads are busting their guts trying to win, and he strolls around like we're winning 3-0. Ridiculous.

As for Ferreira, I also agree, bring back Boss please.

Look at this but, seems to say Anelka will be playing:

Quote :
'They have difficulty in this moment but Drogba scored today and for a striker to score is very important,' the manager said. 'I think he is moving on from a very difficult moment. Anelka is the same. In the last game Malouda scored, in this game Didier scored and in the next game I hope Anelka can score.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 am

From what i read kalou will come in and remieres droped with malouda playing deeper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am

Whilst we are on the subject of Chelsea do any of you fans think Mikel is as big a waste of space as I do?
Whenever I watch a Chelsea game and hes playing hes almost non existant. Maybe I only seem to watch Chelsea when he has a bad day haha. Dont know though, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 am

a_F_c wrote:
Whilst we are on the subject of Chelsea do any of you fans think Mikel is as big a waste of space as I do?
Whenever I watch a Chelsea game and hes playing hes almost non existant. Maybe I only seem to watch Chelsea when he has a bad day haha. Dont know though, thoughts?
Really? He's come along in leaps and bounds this season, he's miles better than he was a couple seasons ago, his game has picked up so much. He's underrated though and doesn't get much attention.

I've always rated him, and believed he would improve as he got more first team opportunities, this is definitely the case. A few years ago he used to basically always make short backpasses and seemingly didn't know how to tackle even though he's a defensive midfielder...Ancelotti and the team have helped him pick up his game so much, he now passes forward twice as much as he used to (stats prove this) which isn't heaps impressive but at least it shows that he's moving away from the constant backpasses, and his tackling game has picked up a lot.

Also, in November I read that he has a higher pass completion rate than anyone else in the EPL for the past three seasons. That could be changed now, I dunno the latest, but he'd definitely still be up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 am

Mikel is a very good player. His game is all about ball retention, pressuring the midfield, breaking up the play and feeding the balls to those who can play the killer passes.

Players like Mikel, Busquets, Fletcher, Song and Lucas are as important to there respective sides as anyone else.

Ramires is one who hasn't impressed me, doesn't seem to have adapted to the English game at all yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:11 am

Sibs#12 wrote:
Also, in November I read that he has a higher pass completion rate than anyone else in the EPL for the past three seasons. That could be changed now, I dunno the latest, but he'd definitely still be up there.
That doesn't mean shit.
Denilson had one of the highest pass completions for us last season iirc, but it's not hard when 90% of them are square passes 5 meters to your side or a back pass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:16 am

philly wrote:
letions for us last season iirc, but it's not hard when 90% of them are square passes 5 meters to your side or a back pass.

But Denilson was in a team with guys like Fabregas, Arshavin and Nasri so his role wasn't to play 40 yard passes, it would have been to maintain possession and keep the play moving. The thing with Densilon is that his positional sense is poor and he's lazy.

Sibs point about pass completion is valid imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 am

a_F_c wrote:

People used to say the same about Emerson at Juventus. Nobody noticed him and that's why the fans didn't rate him. Clearly though, the guy was one of the best DM's in the world about 6-7 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah fair enough I spose. Like I said I dont watch Chelsea much but whenever I do I dont notice him much. I'll keep a watch on him when I next watch them Wink.

I agree with Shooter bout Ramires too, he hasnt adapted at all.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am

Nice way for Citeh to warm up for the game tomorrow morning Laughing
Adebayor vs. Kolo. It's on Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am

Gee i'm over conceeding soft goals, been really lucky to have picked up as many points as we have.. Really shabby marking when they drew level but a ripper from Nani saved our blushes, welcome back .. Chicha was solid besides his goal i thought he was a little quiet as was Berba i guess but was a classy finish from Javier. Had a few free kicks in decent positions aswell, Nani will hit 1 of them out of 50 it's really frustrating just dosn't get enough on target for mine. Happy to shoot clear again, hoping for a Shittty/Gunners draw that would be great. Bring on the Scousers.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Simply cannot believe we haven't got the 3 points. Citeh played for the one point all game, the are an embarrassment if thats all they are going to do when they play big teams away from home.

And Wolves 1 - 0 Chelsea Laughing Bye Carlo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 am

walcott should of finished the shot off the deflection from fabs post shot.

i think if we had scored one, the whole game woulda opened up, coz citeh would have had to actually play...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 am

DUB wrote:
walcott should of finished the shot off the deflection from fabs post shot.
i think if we had scored one, the whole game woulda opened up, coz citeh would have had to actually play...
He was offside anyway.

Walcott was very good I thought, tested the back four alot and although he missed a couple of chances he still did pretty well. As for the penalty he could of won us, it was about 50-50, yes Kompany had his arm out a little but you have seen them given and you have seen them waved off. It was probably fair enough to wave it off. And the red cards were fair enough too, not sure what Bac was up to, probably just frustrated from the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 am

Deadset I think that's it for Chelsea this season. They can't win the league if they lose to Wolves. No real intent and just the lack of form and confidence costing the team. Man U's title to lose now in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 am

Newcastle 5 (Best hattrick Laughing)
West Ham 0

Would be amazed if they manage to stay up this season. They being West Ham of course Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 am

Laughing Of course we're not going to win the league, I haven't thought we would for about a month now, we always do pretty average in the winter run but this is absolutely shocking. Showing no real determination or killer intent in front of goal, it's ridiculous. But I don't want Carlo to get sacked at all even though we've been poor. At least Anelka wasn't playing.

Wasted our chances and we didn't deserve to win so well done to Wolves...hopefully we can keep in the top 4, I think we will but we really need to turn around this form soon.

And it's definitely Man Utd's to lose now, they're undefeated and two points clear with two games in hand ahead of City. Good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DUB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 am

Roger wrote:
Deadset I think that's it for Chelsea this season. They can't win the league if they lose to Wolves. No real intent and just the lack of form and confidence costing the team. Man U's title to lose now in my opinion.

sure seems that way doesn't it...

and philly, i can only imagine how frustrated our boys were, as i was extremely frustrated just watching it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 am

philly wrote:
Newcastle 5 (Best hattrick Laughing)
West Ham 0
Would be amazed if they manage to stay up this season. They being West Ham of course Razz
You the fucking best, you the fucking best. You the best I ever had, best I ever had Grin

First appearance in the EPL, scored his first goal for Newcastle too. Also heard Joey Barton was on form again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:25 am

FFS just can't win away this time to Blackburn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)   

Back to top Go down

EPL Games (January 1st/2nd/4th/5th)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum