HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 am

If Cook blocked ball away for a dot ball, would Bowden have gone upstairs to see if it was a no ball?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 am

KP gone, great bouncer by Mitchy and Beer has got a wicket, well sort of he caught it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:35 am

Ahhh KP. Gone for 36, Beer with the catch on the boundary. Wouldve been nice to see those two together till stumps.

Jimmy Anderson in as nightwatchman. Survives a big LBW appeal first ball, good decision umpire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 am

Gee that would have been handy to nab Cook, they're the rules i guess but it just sucks.. Warnie would have made a ton back in the day if this shit was around then. Not a fan. We're in the game i'd have England on top but a few wickets early on especially Cook and we're right back in it. C'mon Boys!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 am

Went to the game today. Thank God for Johnson and Hilf...some of the shots were class and tbh I didn't expect Hilf to play the way he did.

England got off to a great start and it took a beautiful piece of bowling to remove Strauss. Can't believe how much the ball was swinging.

Michael beer you poor bastard. Thinks he's taken his first wicket in test cricket only for it to be turned down. He bowled alright though, he can rip the ball a bit which is good and bowled with good flight.

Clarke was ok I guess as captain. He used the bowlers well and made the decision to open with Mitch...good to see he isn't scared of making changes.

Also, I think this is Richie's last game??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 am

I thought Michael Beer bowled well, KP showed him some respect by not running down the pitch every ball like he did with X
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 pm

What a partnership by Hilf and Johnno! Terrific work. As Sibs said though, it's disappointing that we have to rely on our tailenders to get the runs.

I reckon that 280 is a decent total, especially considering England will have to bat on Day 4/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:16 am

Beer unlucky again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:48 am

Bell looking good as always...

England would need atleast another 150 runs IMO. Beer bowling well, however everyone thought Doherty bowled well in his first innings. Will be interesting to see how he goes when he has a test match to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 am

Belly using a pink grip. What a top bloke!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:59 am

Didnt Collingwood have one as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 am

"he bowls to the left
he bowls to the right
Mitchell Johnson
Your bowling is shite"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Fukn Bell little Maggot, he was out!! Hot spot obviously isn't 100% fool proof the noise on live coverage was pretty big and Snicko confirmed he hit it. Still wouldn't have really mattered we're playing for the draw once again by the looks of it. 2-1 still sounds shit but if we bat out the remainder it will give us confidence that we can bat again lol.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Obviously Bell hit the ball, no doubt about it. However those calling him a cheat (in the media) have got to be kidding themselves. The guy was within his right to challenge the call if he wasn't 100% sure he hit it and Matt Prior didn't hear anything.

That aside Bell played fantastically. Some of the cover drives he hit were amazing. Probably has one of the best cover drives in the game. Even a Mike Hussey bouncer couldn't faze him Very Happy

However England still have some work to do, the pitch still looks very very good to bat on. The lack of sun in the first couple of days may help Australia save the test if their top order can put a complete innings together, after all they're due Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Ian Bell is the biggest disgrace to cricket since Shahid Afridi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:02 pm

My question about the Bell thing is why do you need to talk to your partner for a nick, surely your the best one to know. I reckon he hit it

Anyway its a stupid system
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:40 am

Aussies can't criticize anyone about cheating, they are the biggest cheats of all, and obviously sore losers.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 am

Apparently Paul Collingwood is retiring from test cricket after this match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 am

Swann Show Me Your Sprinkler

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:49 am

Nice catch there by Clarke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:51 am

I'd be declaring now. Get them Aussies in, a lead of 300+ should see the poms win by an innings again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 am

Should be alright
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 am

Yep, got him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:05 am

F***, I'm sick of the no ball shit. If you're out, you're out. Also sick of the umpires refering. If the umpire has risen the finger to say the batsman is out, it should stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
Apparently Paul Collingwood is retiring from test cricket after this match.

Yes he is.

Quote :
Paul Collingwood has announced he will retire from Test cricket following the current Sydney encounter against Australia. He will continue to play both Twenty20 and one-day internationals for his country.

Collingwood, 34, made his Test debut in 2003 against Sri Lanka at Galle and has gone on to earn 68 caps. With the potential of one innings remaining in Sydney he has 4259 runs but has struggled during the Ashes with just 83 runs in six innings.

"Representing England at Test level has always been a dream of mine and I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some amazing highs throughout my Test career," Collingwood said. "I'm proud of the fact that I've always given my all for the England Test team but I feel that this is the right time to leave Test cricket having reached some very special achievements, none more satisfying that retaining the Ashes in Australia.

"I also feel now is the time to ensure some of the younger players are given an opportunity at Test level as we have a wealth of talent pushing for places in the England Test team," he added. "Clearly I still feel I have a huge amount to offer England in terms of limited overs cricket and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue leading the Twenty20 squad and playing a significant role in England's ODI team."

His highest Test score of 206 came against Australia, at Adelaide, in 2006 and he confounded many by having a long and successful career. After his debut in Sri Lanka he played the final match of the 2005 Ashes, at The Oval, before earning a permanent place in the line-up during the following winter tours of Pakistan and India.

Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, said: "Paul Collingwood has made an outstanding contribution to the England Test team. His performances have been admired and recognised by his team-mates and England supporters over many years and his tireless commitment in the Test match arena will be something he will always be remembered for.

"I'm delighted that Paul will be available to continue to make important contributions to our ODI and Twenty20 teams."

Last weekend Collingwood admitted to the Mail on Sunday that the end of his Test days were drawing close. "My form during this series and most recently my latest failure in the fourth Test in Melbourne means the subject of my Test future was bound to be raised sooner or later," he said.

"I am at the crossroads and what happens in the final Test may well determine what direction I go in. I am sure by the end of this Test, I will know more myself and be better able to judge what the general feeling is in terms of where I am as a Test player and the contribution I can still make to the England team in future and what is the best way forward."

Collingwood struggled to 13 in England's first innings before lofting Michael Beer to mid-on, but even though the runs haven't come he has played a role in the team's Ashes success with his impressive catching at slip and useful medium pace. In Australia's first innings he bowled Mike Hussey with what could prove his final ball in Test cricket.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/content/story/495566.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: Australia v England - 5th Test
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum