HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Apparently some knob on 606 started up a rumor that a Everton fan had been stabbed and killed outside a pub during a fight after the game and then a Pool fan was killed in a park as retaliation.

Honestly, some people need to find better things to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 am

Shoudl've wrapped the game up at HT but we wasted too many oppurtunities...and it cost us when Everton did take their chances at the beginning of the 2nd half. First time I've seen us play for a while so was impressed in that 1st half played very well...like the look of Kelly and Spearing....Torres was on fire needs to be like that every week if we want to push up the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 am

Well I would have loved to have won, as you do anytime against Everton but I am glad that we were able to fight back after going down.

Probably should have been up by more at half time, we did miss some chances. I feel we were unlucky as Evertons first goal game from a corner where it was later proved that it should have been a goal kick.

As for the game, Fernando was simply brilliant. He didn't score at all, but he was close a number of times and he was controlling the ball much better at times and starting to really use his pace how we all know he can use it. It is good to see him starting to look better, hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the season and we could climb the ladder.

Glen Johnson was much better at LB last night. It's just too often that he will make a run and then have to quickly stop to turn onto his right foot as he doesn't trust his left enough on the run. He was very damaging though when he was making those runs down the wing, and pushed us into attack a lot.

Jay Spearing didn't play too bad. His game started out pretty bad, with a horrible turnover in the opening minutes but he ended up playing a decent game through the middle.

Lucas didn't have a major impact I don't think but he was still pretty solid. It was good to see Raul get on the board with his first Liverpool goal. It was awesome stuff leading up to the goal and we were so close, but it was great work for him to get it finished. Maxi wasn't on fire but he done his job and got close a few times. Dirk Kuyt had a much better match then he did against Blackpool, making some good runs and getting forward to help out Torres at times.

The one who really impressed me though was Kelly. Some of the runs he made were awesome to watch and I hope we see that a lot more in the future.

Disappointing not to get the win, but their is improvement there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 am

philly wrote:
Apparently some knob on 606 started up a rumor that a Everton fan had been stabbed and killed outside a pub during a fight after the game and then a Pool fan was killed in a park as retaliation.

Honestly, some people need to find better things to do.

didnt help how during the game there were announcments saying "anfield road closed by police" or something

i dont think its true but if it is then its terrible

yeah was just listening to 606 and it was the last caller who was a pool fan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 am

Really devastated with the result, but we can take a lot of encouragement from the first half performance. It should have been over at half-time, and while it's disappointing that we didn't capitalise on our dominance in the first half, at least the signs are there.

Agger going off at half-time changed the game, our defence was as solid as a rock in the first half, and then it was a complete disgrace in the 2nd half. Martin Skrtel looks like the hardest cunt going around but plays like a fkn pansy. He was at fault for both goals. He's been terrible this season and Kyrgiakos was average when he came on to replace Agger.

Wasn't happy seeing Johnson at left-back considering Aurelio was on the bench, but luckily he did a decent job, while Martin Kelly put in another good performance on the right... what a gem of player we've got on our hands.

Meireles dominated the first half and was poor in the 2nd, Spearing was a surprising inclusion and did ok, but I don't think he's a Premier League standard player, certainly not Liverpool standard. Lucas got caught on the ball a couple of times in the first half but was our best player in the 2nd as he basically had to run the midfield on his own due to Meireles being poor and Spearing not really making an impact.

Kuyt tried hard and Maxi looked to make things happen. Torres was back to himself, played really well, particularly when you consider the average service, he was unlucky not to score.

Encouraging signs but at the end of the day it's still not good enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 am

Shooter wrote:
Wasn't happy seeing Johnson at left-back considering Aurelio was on the bench, but luckily he did a decent job, while Martin Kelly put in another good performance on the right... what a gem of player we've got on our hands.
What are the chances of Johnson playing on the right wing with Kelly at right back?

Seen as Johnson can't defend and the Kelly looks like a good talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:11 am

philly wrote:
Shooter wrote:
What are the chances of Johnson playing on the right wing with Kelly at right back?

Seen as Johnson can't defend and the Kelly looks like a good talent.

I've always been curious as to how Kelly at RB and Johnson on the wing would go, I'd like to see it as I reckon it would work well, and even if it doesn't at least it will satisfy my curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 am

Pretty much a snorefest our game. End to end at times but play was just so scrappy and neither team could capitalise on anything. Happy with a point i guess, especially losing Rafa with a fair period to play. Thought we were going to snatch it right at the end their but wasn't to be. Nani was shite and deserved to be subbed, at the time i was expecting Fletch to get taken off who was also poor but in the end it worked out great as we had more defensive options on the pitch. Vidic showed his class, motm display, Ando was super when he came on, broke the game open at times, Rooney had a few decent chances on goal but overall we didn't do enough to get all 3. I'll take a point.

Torres played well because he is back to his old hairstyle (minus the blonde), surprised it took him so long to work it out.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:45 am

Shooter wrote:
Really devastated with the result, but we can take a lot of encouragement from the first half performance. It should have been over at half-time, and while it's disappointing that we didn't capitalise on our dominance in the first half, at least the signs are there.

Agger going off at half-time changed the game, our defence was as solid as a rock in the first half, and then it was a complete disgrace in the 2nd half. Martin Skrtel looks like the hardest cunt going around but plays like a fkn pansy. He was at fault for both goals. He's been terrible this season and Kyrgiakos was average when he came on to replace Agger.

Meireles dominated the first half and was poor in the 2nd, Spearing was a surprising inclusion and did ok, but I don't think he's a Premier League standard player, certainly not Liverpool standard. Lucas got caught on the ball a couple of times in the first half but was our best player in the 2nd as he basically had to run the midfield on his own due to Meireles being poor and Spearing not really making an impact.

Kuyt tried hard and Maxi looked to make things happen. Torres was back to himself, played really well, particularly when you consider the average service, he was unlucky not to score.

Encouraging signs but at the end of the day it's still not good enough.

honestly i dont know why everton didnt give coleman the ball more often he got around GJ once really early and then we after that went down the left for the rest of the match and in that 2nd half Anchiebe was almost playing as a Left Winger Target Man on Kelly and worked really well for our second goal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 am

Kuyt and torres played well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 am

didnt see the everton game but the result speaks for its self

i see bent scored, doing what he does best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:37 am

Two weeks in a row we've conceded a goal in injury time. Before both games I would have happily taken a draw before both games started but after watching, it's ****ed. Our defence was solid again last night besides the Lennon goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)   

Back to top Go down

EPL Games (January 12th/15th/16th)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum