HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

1st ODI - Australia v England

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Unless he was batting at a strike rate of higher than 90, don't care. Considering we needed a run rate of 6 an over at the start, his turtle pace was pathetic.

Smith gone too so the dud duo came and went without much fanfare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Im not sold on Smith at all. His technique is awful and without his good eye, which he seems to be struggling with, he doesnt even seem that he can get the ball over the in-field. He has too much that works against him to be a top class cricketer. Probably too early to judge, but some of the signs are not as promising as first thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 pm

THE WHEELS ARE OFF. England are finished, they've lost two games in a row, dropping catches, misfielding, throwing overthrows, there in turmoil.

What a way to finish from watson. Great character building win today. Watson was truely outstanding, one of the great one day innings i have watched. He is turning into a world-beater, unfortunately he often stands alone as the only World Class player in the Aussie team, and we need others to step up if we are to give this series, and the World Cup a shake up.

Thought all of our front-liners were pretty poor. Lee probably the pick of our bowlers, he was ok, but Johno especially i thought was really dissapointing. Good supporting roles from Clarke, Haddin and White, though none looked at there absolute best.

Great Win. Bring on game 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Holy shit. Epic six to finish. Fantastic job. White did well to hang with him 'til the end with a good strike rate to boot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Watto is a sexy man.. One of the best one day knocks I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:19 pm

WATTO!

What a legend. On my feet applauding after that six.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:30 pm

TGBY wrote:
THE WHEELS ARE OFF. England are finished, they've lost two games in a row, dropping catches, misfielding, throwing overthrows, there in turmoil.

Laughing

Great game, great innings.
Our bowling at the death left a bit to be desired imo but White and Watson were red hot and couldnt be stopped in the end.
BRing on the 2nd game, if both teams bat well down there we'll have 350+ innings youd think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:34 pm

I'd prefer a bowlers' game to this runathon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

WATTO!! Grin I love you

Up there with one of the great ODI knocks, brilliant innings one that will be remembered for quite some time. At times batting looked quite tough especially when Swann was bowling and I thought Clarke/Watson summed things up perfectly throughout the middle of our innings. Credit to Huss and White for finishing the job with Watto... and also to our bowlers, great little fight back at the end of England's innings, they were looking at 310+ at one stage.

Now we wait for the WC squad announcement I guess, plenty of tough decisions to be made on some players.

Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Again the man of the moment Shane Watson has led us to another limited overs win. He has played the best innings I have ever seen from him in Australian colours. Played almost every shot in the textbook and really slugged it out for the whole 49.1 overs. He definately dedicated that century to his hometown in Ipswich and the rest of Queensland.

Mentions to Haddin who had a shocker with the keeping gloves but made up for it with good runs, Clarke who played much better (wasn't his best but its a pass), Smith for his 2 key wickets and his aggressiveness in his batting, Mr. Reliable Hussey a typical innings from him to stay in a even contribute to the team and we cant forget White for his good performance with the bat and scoring the boundaries when we needed it. Lee and Johnson bowled great and hopefully can carry that form into the next match (if selected).

This lineup right now is really reliable. I mean everyone can bat from 1 to 11 (even Dougy).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caity
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Shane Watson is my bf heheh. What a champ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
Again the man of the moment Shane Watson has led us to another limited overs win. He has played the best innings I have ever seen from him in Australian colours. Played almost every shot in the textbook and really slugged it out for the whole 49.1 overs. He definately dedicated that century to his hometown in Ipswich and the rest of Queensland.

Mentions to Haddin who had a shocker with the keeping gloves but made up for it with good runs, Clarke who played much better (wasn't his best but its a pass), Smith for his 2 key wickets and his aggressiveness in his batting, Mr. Reliable Hussey a typical innings from him to stay in a even contribute to the team and we cant forget White for his good performance with the bat and scoring the boundaries when we needed it. Lee and Johnson bowled great and hopefully can carry that form into the next match (if selected).

This lineup right now is really reliable. I mean everyone can bat from 1 to 11 (even Dougy).

mate, i think your really jumping the gun. its one win from a really dissapointing summer, and if not for some Shane Watson brilliance it could have easily been another humiliating defeat. Haddin was solid with the bat, but put it the worst keeping performance since Akmal fixed the game for Pakistan. He was really voistrous about his omission from the 20/20 side, but i think Paine showed he is closing in fast, Haddin has to watch his back. Smith was shit, he tried to slog, played one of the worst shots ive seen for four runs, then got out. Hussey played a decent cameo, and White was pretty good.

To say our 11 is really reliable is a joke. Bollinger was very averagee, Doherty was pretty average, Lee was pretty good, but i thought Johnson was really poor, the Pommies seemed to have no troubles picking our bowlers off far to often. To say are team is reliable all the way through when only really Watson shone today, is an astronomical call, especially after 2 wins and a host of defeats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Brilliant innings by Watson, it was just top stuff to watch from the very start.

As for Smith... Yes the way he plays is very odd and different but it seems to work with him. He showed in the test matches that he could play some brilliant shots. With the time he came in today I think they obviously wanted him out there just to go the hit for a bit which is what he done. So for him, I don't think he got to play a proper innings as he came in early and at a time we really needed wickets. If he can come in at a time where we need him to play his natural game...Then we will see if he is ready or not. It was good to see him pick up two wickets though, in just three overs as that will help him a lot.

Really looking forward to the next match. I'd like to see Hauritz come into the side to replace Xavier Doherty and while Johnson didn't perform that well tonight, I wouldn't mind keeping him in the squad. Bollinger didn't really do much tonight though.

No matter what the squad is like, it will be a top match and I can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 am

Watto! I went to the game and it's probably the best knock I've very seen live (although I did see Gilly hit 172).

We got off to a shocker of a start though, it had to e my man Dave Hussey to get us going with 2 wickets. Bing bowled very well as did Smithy in his few overs.

I didn't give us much chance of getting England's total. But Hadds did very well in supporting Watto. Everyone bar Smithy supported Watto really well. Btw why was Smith put in at no. 4? I can't think of a logical solutions at all.

What a win! You're a champ a Watto!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptabutoa
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 am

The poms had the right attitude with one day cricket , they have won the ashes who cares about the one day. They still getting paid lose or win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st ODI - Australia v England   

Back to top Go down

1st ODI - Australia v England
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion