HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Shaun Marsh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:46 am

How brilliant is his form right now.

I've been saying for quite some time that Marsh should be getting time in the Australian team and now that he has finally gotten the chance he has taking it.

Currently on 110* of 113 balls with 47.7 overs gone.

This is after 93* for WA in the Twenty20.

Fair to say, without Marsh (And solid stuff by White and Bollinger) we would have been screwed for this match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 am

You also like Steve Smith, he's f***ing shit. If anyone should be out of the side for Marshy it's Smith..

Marsh, Ferguson, Paine, Hodge, Hopes, Finch, Christian >>>> Smith

Probs more cbf.

Like i said in the WC thread, Marsh should be in the squad.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 pm

right now with Hauritz injured which looks like a dislocation of the right shoulder, he could get his chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 pm

All_Star94 wrote:
right now with Hauritz injured which looks like a dislocation of the right shoulder, he could get his chance.

So you replace your only spinner with another batsman?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm

well we got D.Hussey, M.Clarke and if Tait is out of the world cup, then we could chuck another spinner in the team (Krejza or Doherty). Right now I don't think they will drop M.Hussey. If we make it into the knockout stages of the world cup, Hussey will come into the XI no doubt.

Tonight without Hauritz we did okay without him, so we shall see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:37 pm

So you want to go to India/Sri Lanka with an extra batsman and only pick a spinner if another bowler goes down? lol

Marsh is in the form of his life atm, but should only come in if a batsman goes down.

It just ruins the balance of the squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:27 am

Beckham wrote:
You also like Steve Smith, he's f***ing shit. If anyone should be out of the side for Marshy it's Smith..

Probs more cbf.

What does me liking Smith have to do with Shaun Marsh. Yes all those players are probably better than Smith, but I still reckon Smith isn't used to batting at 7 though. If Hussey is fit then I'm all for Marsh coming in for Smith however Marsh should be opener I believe.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 am

Id say
Marsh, Doherty and Siddle will come in
for Hussey, Hauritz and sookylala
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:10 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Probs more cbf.

What does me liking Smith have to do with Shaun Marsh. Yes all those players are probably better than Smith, but I still reckon Smith isn't used to batting at 7 though. If Hussey is fit then I'm all for Marsh coming in for Smith however Marsh should be opener I believe.

Well anyone that likes Steve Smith does not deserve an opinion Razz ..

To say Smith isn't use to batting at 7 is a copout. He started down the order and it's only in recent time he has moved up to 4 for NSW. Also believe that if you are good enough to play for Australia these days then you should have the ability to bat anywhere. I mean take a few players for eg. Watson could bat anywhere, Ponting in form could bat anywhere, M.Hussey can bat anywhere, Haddin has the ability to bat anywhere, S.Marsh also.. etc etc the list goes on which confirms my point that Smith has no place in this lineup at the moment. I'm not saying he won't improve and could very well be a star for Australia for a long time but at the moment he's a waste of space.

I agree on one thing Marsh opening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah I don't exactly agree with Smith as being in the side right now but if he does go back to NSW what will piss me off is he will bat at 4. He needs to bat around 6/7 to get used to batting around there. I wouldn't mind Smith being in the team, but I also understand that someone like Christian would probably be a better selection right now, but the good thing is Smith has helped us out with the ball even when his batting has failed.

Either way Marsh should be opening for sure. While he can bat anyway, we will get the best out of him batting him as an opener.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

Just thinking on Marsh.

Why is he in the team? shouldn't Tim Paine be in the team ahead of him. If Marsh isn't going to the world cup, it would make sense that the 2nd backup batsman for the WC is in the team (Paine).

Obviously Marsh is in fantastic form, but if the situtaion arises in the later stages on tournament and two of Australias batsman can't play (for some reason) Australia wouldn't be able to call on him. Australia should be using this series as a chance to adapt for different scenarios that may happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

the dangers of reading into 1 performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Backing up on my point earlier...

Shaun Marsh is out with a hammy, who do Australia call up? Furguson. Australia aren't preparing for this upcoming world up very well - on a situtational level. What happens if Paine has to play as a batsmen in a must win game?

Its even more staggaring when you consider Australia have already won the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm

^^ agree, We have Paine in the team but we dont even use him at all. Like if we needed a 12th man, we dont need a state player to be a fielder. eg. On Sunday, we had QLDer James Floros fielding for us while Paine is in the team.

If we want to focus on getting everyone ready for the WC, we dont need to bring in players that are not in the 15 man squad. Tomorrow will be a good example of how tough it will be in India with the heat going around in Sydney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Marsh   

Back to top Go down

Shaun Marsh
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum