HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 am

If you haven't read the newspaper or search through foxsports, Cricket Journalist Ben Dorries, has just embarassed himself and wasted time writing this stupid article about Michael Clarke twittering.

here is an article of it: http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/the-ashes/michael-clarkes-image-not-being-helped-by-twitter-posts-australian-public-still-not-warming-to-him/story-e6frf3gl-1225993424581

If you dont have twitter, what Pup tweeted wasn't even serious, he was just joking around and tweeting if anyone would want to be Steve Smith's date to the Allan Border medal. Nothing serious. So sick and tired of non controversial article from the stupid media.

Your thoughts...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:49 am

I care what Clarke does on the field, not off it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:05 am

Pretty shit article.

But the following piece I sort of do agree with:

Quote :
Australian sports fans like their cricket captains to be straightforward, no-nonsense types. The sort of hard-nut men who would have your back if you were stuck in the trenches.

Tough guys like Steve Waugh, who famously eyeballed Curtly Ambrose and who never took a backwards step to anyone, and Border, who almost single-handedly revived Australia with his ruthless streak.

Ricky Ponting may not be everyone's cup of tea as a captain but at least you know what you are getting.

I just don't feel that Clarke is the sort of captain that can really lift the team. All the boys look up to Ponting and they use his fighting spirit to inspire them. So in a way I sort of agree with him but he also says a lot of rubbish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 am

I agree with the article.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 am

Thats the funniest thing ive ever read. But hes right, Clarke has to have his mind on the job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No time for humour or any type of social life, he should be in the nets practicing from midnight to midnight every day. Seriously what a pathetic joke.

Dorries is being absolutely slated for it too in the comments section, copping it hard

A particular comment i enjoyed:

'I agree with this fantastically written piece. The 6 or 7 seconds he spent writing those tweets could have been spent in the nets refining his technique, or watching old videos to study how to better play the game. He could have completely revitalised his batting technique in that time, and he would have scored 100 last night instead of 9. Probably would have taken a 5-for as well. And a couple of screamers. He then would have been chaired off the ground with a packed house giving him a standing ovation and chanting 'Clarkie! Clarkie! Clarkie!'. All because of that extra few seconds in the nets'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke   

Back to top Go down

Ben Dorries' personal attack on Michael Clarke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum