HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:07 am

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25012011/23/australian-gp-jeopardy-row-erupts-melbourne-future.html

As a F1 fan, I'm extremely annoyed. As a Victorian, I don't know what to think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 am

I'd be very frustrated if we lost the GP. Yes it costs taxpayers $$$, but the $$$ we'd make back in tourism and exposure of the city would far outweigh the $$$ hosting it. Doyle is an idiot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:28 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Doyle is an idiot.[

Thumbleft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Its GONEEEE.

As much as it should stay and how it exposed Melbourne to the world. A 50m cost to a 160mill return is just too small a ratio for a goverment to maintain. The majority of tax payers want it gone and their money spent on more things more important to Melbourne, and as a goverment who would want to be re-elected the smart move is too dump it (assuming the forcasted losses happen)

As much as I want it to stay, I wouldn't give a shit if it goes - as I don't attend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Wait ... 50m cost for a 150m return? As in, 3x the money we spend is returned to us?

If it's spent on retarded shit like Myki, no wonder some people think it's a waste of money. But don't play the Aussie F1 organisers for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Returned through othermeans... hotels shops ect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:11 pm

And that's a bad thing for us? (I'm confused)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:20 am

no, but the money can be used for better things.

The main plus of that money going to hotels ect is employment. However the goverment could spend that money in verious projects around victoria - upgrading schools, roads ect. Those projects would also have the employment benifits for the state plus a much greater longer term benifit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:14 am

Should never have taken it from Adelaide, tbh. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:43 am

Let them have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwinhaiti
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Give it to New Zealand the government there likes to waste money.
2 million dollar plastic waka(maori canoe) anyone ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?   

Back to top Go down

Australian F1 GP to be axed in 5 years?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Motorsport-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion