HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:57 am

I have come up with an Idea for a biggest loser and I can relate to this idea because my best mate is obese and I am on the skinnier side.

Basically the primary goal to stay in the game is reduce the percentage difference between the skinner and over-weight person and have a bigger gain/loss percentage the other team.

Week one would be where the skinnier person pretty much eats a "fat" diet while the over-weight person must be present at every meal and not touch what skinnier person eats so that they strengthen their mentality when it comes to that kind.

Second week would be a cardio diet for both partners, obviously the skinnier person will gain fat that they must burn from the week of harming their body while it's obvious this is what the over-weight person has to do.

Third week, The Skinnier person would start a protein diet gaining them muscle hence weight as well having protein source foods like the egg and dairy family. The Over-weight person would eat Low GI foods such as fruits, salads, nuts and cereals.

The Ideal goal is for the skinnier person to finish the series heavier then the over-weight person but the main goal is to close out the difference between the two weights of the skinnier contestant and the over-weight contestant more then other teams.

For example. Skinnier person starts at 60kg, The Over-weight person is at 120kg that is a difference of 60kg. I've worked out that a good goal for the skinnier person is to gain about 35% weight that the over-weight person has lost. So If the over-weight person loses 35.5kg 0ver the season, 30% of that is 12.43kg (to be exact)

So by the above example the heavier person would finish with 84.5kg with the skinnier person gets to 72.5 kilo.

I believe the show goes over the space of about 3 months so with intense training a loss of 35.5 and gain of 12.43 are realistic if the motivation and determination is there.

How to work out the scale percentage:
Works exactly like the biggest loser however average out both % weights between both partners.

So 7kg of 120 is a percentage loss of 8.4 kg. a gain of 3kg by the skinnier person is a percentage gain in this case of 1.8 percent. so basically the average of that is 5.1kg. total percentage gain/loss.

Obviously it's alot easier for a skinnier person to have what is needed to achieve their goal and acts on it more then the over-weight person who usually dreams about their goal and doesn't set to it however i think more motivation is with the over-weight person(s) who want to develop a good healthy body, the skinnier person needs a reason to get fitter and have a healthier body like becoming a capable sportsperson etc.

It's easy for me because I gym 3-4 days a week but my diet isn't quite right yet still eat a little bit of fatty foods and need to learn how to have the right mental approach to stick to a protein diet for example and have the best chance to get cut and gain muscle mass. But my mate who has given the gym a go i can understand why he gave up, I've thought about giving up alot because it takes time to gain weight/develop muscle. and it's pretty much the same mindset a skinny and an over-weight person take going into the gym and that is indimitation of bigger and more musclier specimens and it's certainly a turn off to both people. I know because I've had a chat with this mate and i still feel intimidation even though i've gymmed from 3 months now.

My mate can be a really very drinker, he is a few years older then me and he is legal and he doesn't have a great diet but it is better then alot of biggest loser families (each individually) as i saw just tonight. But he simply has no motivation and just cries wolf all the time. It's hard for me to have a chat to him and you know give him this kind of a challenge without him taking offence to it.

It just gives a skinny person a chance under the same tutelage as an over-weight person and how something as much as anorexia can be as big or a bigger problem then obesity (which i must add i am not anorexic, merely an example).

Give me feedback. or just stories about mates or whatever.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:08 am

Laughing

So someone who is healthy is made to eat shit foods and get fatter just so their fat mate feels better about themselves?

But honestly, take it to the makers of The Biggest Loser, get back to us with what they say. I'm sure they will love the idea. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 am

You have one major problem... the show is for fat people, not skinny. A skinny person would never make it on the show

Laughing

#ididntreadthewholething
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

Fantastic idea, i'd get your concept out to producers etc asap mate.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 am

how can you be bothered to type all that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am

How is it bad. It's a twist in the game. For the fatter people to resist the foods that they want to throw away. It's one week of gaining weight and turning weight into muscle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am

Svoerman wrote:
You have one major problem... the show is for fat people, not skinny. A skinny person would never make it on the show

#ididntreadthewholething

That is why it's a partners edition. Combined gain/loss percentage wins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 am

philly wrote:

So someone who is healthy is made to eat shit foods and get fatter just so their fat mate feels better about themselves?

But honestly, take it to the makers of The Biggest Loser, get back to us with what they say. I'm sure they will love the idea.

If they were that motivated to apply for the show, they'd be able to handle it. Simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 am

What would it be called? The Biggest Gainer/Loser?

I don't think people gaining weight is a very good idea for a show. People losing weight is a shit enough concept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackcf_93
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 am

F***, you're serious aren't you?

I almost feel sorry for you THTR... almost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:52 am

philly wrote:

I don't think people gaining weight is a very good idea for a show. People losing weight is a shit enough concept.

"The Smaller the Bigger"

The concept if for people who want to gain weight but can't. I can tell you right now that losing weight is easier then gaining weight assuming both specimens are at their motivated and determined peak. A skinny person may only gain 30% of the fatter person's loss throughout the whole season.

People gaining weight that need to brings out alot of confidence in people. It is as big a burden as being over-weight to some as they are generally as both a bigger turn off as each other, I'd personally prefer over-weight then anorexic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am

jackcf_93 wrote:
F***, you're serious aren't you?

I almost feel sorry for you THTR... almost.

Tell me what's wrong with it first then I might take your comment into some consideration!. I said give me feedback not rubbish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
philly wrote:

"The Smaller the Bigger"

The concept if for people who want to gain weight but can't. I can tell you right now that losing weight is easier then gaining weight assuming both specimens are at their motivated and determined peak. A skinny person may only gain 30% of the fatter person's loss throughout the whole season.

People gaining weight that need to brings out alot of confidence in people. It is as big a burden as being over-weight to some as they are generally as both a bigger turn off as each other, I'd personally prefer over-weight then anorexic.

How is gaining weight harder than losing weight. All you have to do is eat a shit load of take away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 am

And here I was this morning reading all the shit about you on sportal and thinking they were a bit too harsh Facepalm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:59 am

Danger32 wrote:
Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
philly wrote:

"The Smaller the Bigger"

How is gaining weight harder than losing weight. All you have to do is eat a shit load of take away.

Gaining "healthy" weight. Turning fat into muscle is generally a big myth. if someone takes that theory into a program for a longer period of time they will go all flabby and won't gain much muscle mass. and need the source foods like calcium for your bones and protein/fish oil to rip.

Last edited by Thehattrickrabbit on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00 pm

So when's the show premiering? I'll have to mark it down in my calendar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Still waiting for valid feedback that actually breaks the posts down into negatives. and positives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Danger32 wrote:
So when's the show premiering? I'll have to mark it down in my calendar.

Gaining "healthy" weight.
Turning fat into muscle is generally a big myth. if someone takes that
theory into a program for a longer period of time they will go all
flabby and won't gain much muscle mass. and need the source foods like
calcium for your bones and protein/fish oil to rip.

Still waiting for a reply mate, or did you change the subject because you have no clue?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 pm

You'll be waiting a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Mate stop wasting your time with the arguing and look into getting this on air.. I'd be lining up an interview and shit if i was you with various production companies. Let us all know the feedback etc you receive.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:07 pm

and who are the skinny people?
like are they just random people who want to gain some muscle or are they family/friends with the fat person
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackcf_93
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
I have come up with an Idea for a biggest loser and I can relate to this idea because my best mate is obese and I am on the skinnier side.

Basically the primary goal to stay in the game is reduce the percentage difference between the skinner and over-weight person and have a bigger gain/loss percentage the other team.

Week one would be where the skinnier person pretty much eats a "fat" diet while the over-weight person must be present at every meal and not touch what skinnier person eats so that they strengthen their mentality when it comes to that kind.

Second week would be a cardio diet for both partners, obviously the skinnier person will gain fat that they must burn from the week of harming their body while it's obvious this is what the over-weight person has to do.

Third week, The Skinnier person would start a protein diet gaining them muscle hence weight as well having protein source foods like the egg and dairy family. The Over-weight person would eat Low GI foods such as fruits, salads, nuts and cereals.

The Ideal goal is for the skinnier person to finish the series heavier then the over-weight person but the main goal is to close out the difference between the two weights of the skinnier contestant and the over-weight contestant more then other teams.

For example. Skinnier person starts at 60kg, The Over-weight person is at 120kg that is a difference of 60kg. I've worked out that a good goal for the skinnier person is to gain about 35% weight that the over-weight person has lost. So If the over-weight person loses 35.5kg 0ver the season, 30% of that is 12.43kg (to be exact)

So by the above example the heavier person would finish with 84.5kg with the skinnier person gets to 72.5 kilo.

I believe the show goes over the space of about 3 months so with intense training a loss of 35.5 and gain of 12.43 are realistic if the motivation and determination is there.

[u]How to work out the scale percentage:
Works exactly like the biggest loser however average out both % weights between both partners.

So 7kg of 120 is a percentage loss of 8.4 kg. a gain of 3kg by the skinnier person is a percentage gain in this case of 1.8 percent. so basically the average of that is 5.1kg. total percentage gain/loss.

Obviously it's alot easier for a skinnier person to have what is needed to achieve their goal and acts on it more then the over-weight person who usually dreams about their goal and doesn't set to it however i think more motivation is with the over-weight person(s) who want to develop a good healthy body, the skinnier person needs a reason to get fitter and have a healthier body like becoming a capable sportsperson etc.

It's easy for me because I gym 3-4 days a week but my diet isn't quite right yet still eat a little bit of fatty foods and need to learn how to have the right mental approach to stick to a protein diet for example and have the best chance to get cut and gain muscle mass. But my mate who has given the gym a go i can understand why he gave up, I've thought about giving up alot because it takes time to gain weight/develop muscle. and it's pretty much the same mindset a skinny and an over-weight person take going into the gym and that is indimitation of bigger and more musclier specimens and it's certainly a turn off to both people. I know because I've had a chat with this mate and i still feel intimidation even though i've gymmed from 3 months now.

My mate can be a really very drinker, he is a few years older then me and he is legal and he doesn't have a great diet but it is better then alot of biggest loser families (each individually) as i saw just tonight. But he simply has no motivation and just cries wolf all the time. It's hard for me to have a chat to him and you know give him this kind of a challenge without him taking offence to it.

It just gives a skinny person a chance under the same tutelage as an over-weight person and how something as much as anorexia can be as big or a bigger problem then obesity (which i must add i am not anorexic, merely an example).

Give me feedback. or just stories about mates or whatever.

Cheers.

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Still waiting for valid feedback that actually breaks the posts down into negatives. and positives.

Ok, the underlined quotes are the parts that need some work. I'll get back to you on the positives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

The Biggest Loser is shit enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Brad wrote:
The Biggest Loser is the worst show on television
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.   

Back to top Go down

Are you skinny and have an over-weight mate? My Biggest Loser Idea.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum