HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 am

philly wrote:
Learn to use full stops and captials Sproolster, would make your posts way easier to follow. Laughing
my bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:40 am

Sprooly wrote:
philly wrote:
Learn to use full stops and captials Sproolster, would make your posts way easier to follow. Laughing
my bad
*My bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 am

Anyone else heard all these rumours about Andy Carroll being out for rest of the season? Also it seems Leon Best injured his hamstring last night and has pulled out of the Rep. of Ireland/Wales game this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:34 am

Tank wrote:
Anyone else heard all these rumours about Andy Carroll being out for rest of the season? Also it seems Leon Best injured his hamstring last night and has pulled out of the Rep. of Ireland/Wales game this week.

Liverpool website doesnt say anything about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

Arsenal Laughing Man U finally don't get 3 points and they slip up after leading 4-0, classic. Incredible night of EPL, average of 5 goals a game according to my maths!

Absolutely pumped for our game against Chelsea tomorrow morning. We've been in good form lately and I'm feeling confident we can match Chelsea. I'll go 2-2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 am

Hopefully it's just bullshit then, he's been pretty unlucky with injuries so far.

Also, I'm not one to make jokes of other teams but:

If you see an Arsenal fan walking their dog, get them to call 0-4 1-4 2-4 3-4 4-4 for free advice on how to hold onto a lead.

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 am

Andy Carroll Twitter page, 14 hours ago

Few weeks from full fitness...cant wait to start playing again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:03 pm

5th minute: Van Persie is on the edge of the box as we look to add to our 2-goal advantage. He is sandwiched between 2 players, free kick to Newcastle for a Van Persie 'dive'

45th minute: Arshavin is tackled from behind by Barton as he does a spin, play waved on. Barton carries the ball forward, Diaby then does a pretty similar challenge and Dowd awards a free kick to Newcastle.

50th minute: Diaby taken out in a shocking tackle, play continues on. Diaby is rightfully sent off for his reaction. Barton (again) and Nolan escape punishment. Barton for the tackle (which he wouldn't of done had he been correctly booked on the Arshavin challenge) and Nolan for pushing Diaby, Diaby pushed 2 guys, 2 yellows = red. Nolan pushes a player = nothing.

68th minute: A pretty soft penalty is given, however a silly challenge from Koscielny. Soft, but the correct call. Following the penalty, Szczesny holds on to the ball and doesn't give it back to Nolan, which he is entitled to if he is willing to cop a booking. However, Nolan headlocks him and takes him to the ground. Only a yellow given to both players, Szczesny's is fair enough. Nolans is not good enough, considering he got away with a push earlier.

72nd minute: Best scores what should be a goal, ruled out for offside when clearly on.

83rd minute: Newcastle awarded a penalty for nothing. Williamson goes to ground after jumping for a header, not touched (or very little contact) from the two Arsenal players beside him.

87th minute: Barton clearly dives to win a free kick near the box. From the resulting free kick, Tiote scores a cracking goal to even it up.

94th minute: Van Persie is denied a goal when ruled for offside, inital replay shows it's the right call but the camera is on an angle to play so Van Persie could well have been infact onside.

Dowd MUST be dropped or something needs to be done. A ref can't make that many mistakes in a single game. It's unacceptable at this level that a ref can change a game so much when he is clearly not up to it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Sprooly wrote:
i was yelling silently Laughing Laughing it was one of those games that i couldn't believe we were 3-2 down 1 goal which should of stood but for some refereeing without using common sense, honesltey why would u blow ur whistle whit coleman charging into the box ffs and the atmosphere at 3-2 was just sheer disbelief we were losing a game we should have been winning 3-1

but Johnny Heitinga i love the bloke but his pathetic effort in the 50-50 that led to blackpools goal was an absolute disgrace

we then had rodwell have an effort cleard off the line insanely well it was freakish from evatt

but when we got the 3rd i had the feeling that we would get a 4th and we did classic game
Haha, you've summed it up well Sprools.

Arsenal fans blaming the ref lol... should have had the game wrapped up by HT. Laughing Razz

Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Be good if we can pull off a win against Chelsea wouldn't mind roughing up Torres a bit...at least he has pledged that he won't celebrate if he scores...would've been dog if he had decided to do that...who knows what could happen I'm gonna stick out my neck and predict us for a 1-0 win...with Gerrard to score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Panthers wrote:
Haha, you've summed it up well Sprools.

Arsenal fans blaming the ref lol... should have had the game wrapped up by HT. Laughing Razz

Exactly. Talk about clutching at straws.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:44 pm

philly wrote:
Sprooly wrote:
philly wrote:
my bad
*My bad. Razz

philly wrote:
Your not in the cup genius.
Laughing

Anyway, poor refereeing or not, a team of the quality of Arsenal should be able to win from 4-0 up against any opposition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Brilliant performance by Liverpool. Well deserved victory. Meireles was fantastic and Lucas dominates once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 pm

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a proper football club right there. Fully deserved win, we were the better side. Meireles you star! Defence was immense, Carra and Agger were solid as a rock.

LUCAS IS A BEAST!

Kenny got it spot on tactically and the away support was absolutely incredible. Didn't stop singing for 90 minutes.

Fk off Chelsea. Plastic club. Hopefully everyone can now get over El Ninny, couldn't care less about what he does from here on in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Not much to say really... fully deserved win for Liverpool. Lucas was once again immense and Meireles is probably the form player in the Premier League atm. Not gonna lie this defeat is a tough one to cop. Glad to have gotten this game out of the way, probably a good thing it was so soon after the Torres transfer. Time to focus on consolidating a top four spot, plus focusing on the UCL + FA Cup.

Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Panthers wrote:
He defo played his role in it, some of his calls were incredibly bad. But our defence collapsed as soon as Squillaci came on, 8 losses in the 10 games when those two have played together I think it is.

Brenton wrote:
philly wrote:
Sprooly wrote:
philly wrote:
my bad
*My bad. Razz

philly wrote:
Laughing
I said capitals and full stops..... fail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:47 pm

I only saw the first half cause I needed sleep as I have school, but I'm mighty proud of the lads!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Fuzzy
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 am

Saw the highlights, was a great game. King Kenny sure has changed Liverpool around, legend.

Also, Cech and Ivanovic are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am

Fk Yeah! That's the double over Chelsea Grin

As Shoot said the thing that most stood out for me was away supporters. You could hear them for the whole 90 minutes.

Lucas was terrific. Meireles! 4 goals in 5 games, he's really showing what he can offer. Our defence was just terrific, especially Carragher's bloke on Torres' shot.

I can't believe Maxi missed that shot as well, but who really gives a shit now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 am

philly wrote:
Panthers wrote:
He defo played his role in it, some of his calls were incredibly bad. But our defence collapsed as soon as Squillaci came on, 8 losses in the 10 games when those two have played together I think it is.

Brenton wrote:
philly wrote:
Sprooly wrote:
philly wrote:
my bad
*My bad. Razz

philly wrote:
Laughing
I said capitals and full stops..... fail.

All falls under the same category buddy.....capitals, punctuation, grammar etc.

Anyway who cares lol.

If Liverpool keep this form up, anyone think they can realistically make the Top 4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 am

I went to bed at HT. The first half was absolutely horrible to watch although it must be said, how the hell did Maxi hit the bar from so close. Luckily for him and Liverpool, they managed to get the 3pts and really, you could say they're now pushing for a top 4 finish remarkably. Only 6pts behind Chelsea and Spurs although both do have a game in hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:48 am

Chelsea were a rabble, Anelka as an AM, pleaseee Laughing ... Torres of old would have buried that chance even with the brilliant effort from Carra.. Maxi sure can miss the odd chance. Overall very boring game but Liverpool certainly have reason to celebrate. Chelsea will miss the 4 and Ancelotti will be sacked unless Chelsea can win the UCL which they won't. Torres will soon realise what an idiot he is, before running to another club.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:48 am

Stoked for the win last night, Meireles is a star, he is showing that he is a class player. He doesnt get the recognition on the international stage because C-Ron takes all the attention but he was our best player at the World Cup as well.

Agger was huge last night I thought, as was Lucas and i thought Johnson played one of his better games for a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

BREAKING NEWS:

Jamie Carragher has been remanded in custody by London's Metroplotiton Police pending a bail hearing. CCTV appears to show the Liverpool vice captain walking around with 50 million pounds worth of Roman Abramaovich's property in his pocket for over an hour.

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Great stuff...4 wins in a row I think without conceding hopefully we can keep the pressure up on the top 4...can't stop now as in we must keep focusing on upcoming games and not get too carried away with the win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)   

Back to top Go down

EPL Games (Feb 1st/2nd/5th/6th)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum