HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

EPL Matchday Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Beckham

PostSubject: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 am

Sick of putting up, or waiting for gameday threads to be put up so from now on we can use this thread to discuss.

Most League titles: 18
Liverpool
Manchester United

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:37 am

Saturday 12th February 2011

Manchester United v Manchester City
Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Birmingham City v Stoke City
Blackburn Rovers v Newcastle United
Blackpool v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Wigan Athletic
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

Sunday 13th February 2011

Bolton Wanderers v Everton

Monday 14th February 2011

Fulham v Chelsea

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 am

THE MANCHESTER DERBY

V

Absolutely pumped for this cannot wait.. Massive game for both clubs, especially us as we look to get things back on track after our slip up against Wolves.. Not really sure what we'll play at the minute, Expect Smalling to come in but i'm in two minds over Park/Giggs and the likely midfield combinations. I think Fergie will end up going with Fletch/Scholes/Giggs. Shitty will most likely park the bus, they did it at home can't see them pushing for it away. Got faith we'll do em, United!!

---------------VDS-------------
Rafa--Smalling--Vidic--Evra
--Fletcher--Scholes--Giggs--
Nani--------Berba------Rooney

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 am

Makes sense.
Hoping for a draw in the Derby, would mean with a win we are 2 points behind United and 3 points ahead of Citeh.

Been looking forward to our game all week so we can put the demons of last week to bed. The fact Djourou is avaliable is massive, as Squillaci is pathetic. With DJ back there, we won't concede I reckon, he has been massive for us all season. Reckon the boys will be fired up after throwing the 3 points away last week, while Wolves will be up for it as well. But I'm confident we will win, 3-0 with RVP, Theo and Arshavin scoring.

Szczesny
Sagna - Djourou - Kos - Clichy
Song - Wilshere
Walcott - Fabregas - Arshavin
Van Persie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:19 am

Should really beat Wigan considering the form we are in don't want to revert to our old habits...Manchester Derby will be fascinating think that Man Utd will pip them 2-1 but should be a good and fierce contest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:38 am

Pumped for the Manchester Derby, not sure which way it will go.

Then Liverpool vs Wigan. With our current form we should really get up easily. I'm really hoping we can keep our good recent form of clean sheets and get up 3-0. Suarez should start, he should be really fresh considering he didn't play against Chelsea and that he can't play midweek in the Europa League.

Won't be getting much sleep as well, I've got footy training at 10am, haha. I'll try and find my half an hour inbetween here and there.

C'mon Pool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Blackburn tonight and then Birmingham on tuesday. Would like to think 6 points is capable but would settle for 4. We signed 34 year old free agent Shefki Kuqi during the week, he's had Premier League experience before with Blackburn and Fulham but don't know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

1-0 up at HT Smile
RVP scored after 15 with a stunning low volley as he swirled around. We could and probably should have scored a couple more. But so long as we win, that doesn't matter.

-------------------

RVP added another goal to give us a comfortable 2-0 win. His double today gave him 9 in his last 5 EPL games, would have to say he is the most in-form striker in the league right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:05 am

I dont like him, but Rooneys winner in the derby was amazing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:17 am

That goal from Wayne Rooney last night was simply amazing. No other words can describe it.

Two horse race between Man. United and Arsenal now you would think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Bloody oath. 1-1 with Wigan. We went up after about 30 minutes through that man again, Raul Meireles, 4 goals in 5 games!

Shocking defending for Wigan's goal. Really disappointing to only get the point here, really gotta be getting 3 points comfortably in these games.

I thought Meireles, Lucas, Suarez and Kelly played well for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

3 goals in 3 games for Daniel Sturridge now. Bolton up 2-0 against Everton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 am

pathetic from everton this morning joke of a first goal as it wasnt even a foul and then wtf is heitinga doing he should be marking cahill

what i dont understand is Heitinga starting every week over jags its a fkn joke as heitinga did his best last week to make us loose vs blackpool

intresting miss from cahill too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 am

2-0 over Birmingham this morning with Best and Lovenkrands the goalscorers. Obafemi Martins made his first appearance against Newcastle since he left us, although I don't think he had much of an impact.

Takes us up to 9th now, Best with 5 goals in 8 games this season too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:56 am

Massive win over Man Utd the other day, hopefully the lads can kick on and have a huge end to the season. Drogba and Zhrikov both had massive impacts when they came on, really changed the game. Luiz was obviously lucky not to be sent off, but all in all I thought he was superb. Torres wasn't great... but a goal is surely just around the corner for Nando. Smile

Same old Arsenal last night, two vital points dropped...

Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 am

Hopefully we can beat Man Utd tonight...think this is one of those games that we'll relish so hopefully it works out for us...tipping us to win 2-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Shocking challenge from Carragher, but Nani is the weakest prick ive ever met

Tempers flaring, United in dissoray, Suarez' run was immense, dont know what Nani was thinking though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

2-0 at Half Time
Kuyt with a double

Tempers are flaring, with the whole Nani goes down, sprints over to argue with the ref and then remembers oh yea i got tackled and back down he goes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm

DIRK KUYT
HAT TRICK HERO

Was probably the easiest hat trick scored in football but who cares.

Anytime to beat Manchester United is a good time to beat them, but especially now to start pressure on them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 am

great result for the gunners aswell. Im staring to think the title will come down to Arsenal vs United at the emirates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 am

F***ing shattered, they were up for it we weren't. It was evident from the start with the pressure Liverpool were putting on us off the ball, we just had no movement everything was slow and we played right into their hands. Should have been a man up for the 2nd time in 2 games, just getting nothing atm. Absouletly shocking challenge from Carra, Nani had every right to complain, i hope he's ok. I agree with Robbie Slater, i think Nani wanted to stay on and he got to his feet to show the ref where he was collected and pain tookover. He's copping it coz he's Nani of course. Skrtel is a fag soft as butter, Rafa would have smashed him if he had the chance. Anyway really it's a game we just have to forget we did nothing decent at all. Vidic and Rio back and we're a totally different side, hoping this little form slump is over now and we can get back to winning ways.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am

Good stuff knew that we would win...great play from Suarez but Kuyt was an oppurtunist really today 3 pretty simple goals but thats all that matters...good way to bounce back from the West Ham match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

thought nani was milkin it but saw a pic of his leg, it's a mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Im not denying that it would have hurt, no doubt, and it was a shocking tackle, worthy of a red.

But he is still a weak prick. He always dives and complains, you cant be blamed for thinking he was doing so again, he created his own rep, now he must live with it. Plus, If he could get up and show the ref like that, i dont reckon he needed to be stretchered off. Plus we all know hes a diving bastard anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shooter
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am

Grin Grin Grin

Pure domination. What a performance, best of the season without a doubt, if we played like that every week we'd be top of the league. The football was oh so beautiful, Kenny's pass and move philosophy was in full flight, United just couldn't cope.

We bossed the midfield, our movement was exceptional and mix that in with moments of brilliance of Luis Suarez and there was only one result.

Suarez footwork is as good as I've ever seen in the Premier League and the way in which he danced his way around four players was magical. Made United look like a bunch of amateurs.

The 2nd goal was a massive stroke of luck thanks to that shitcunt Nani and the third was a quality bit of poaching from Dirk to seal his hat-trick, he's like a whole new player under Kenny now that he's playing as a striker.

Defence was solid, although they were hardly troubled, Lucas bossed the midfield, Meireles created havoc with his runs in to space and clever passing and Suarez was simply mesmerizing. What a player.

Nani is a disgrace, watching that twat cry like a little girl was a great highlight, particularly after the way he carried on only to fall dramatically to the ground.

Anfield was amazing, the Kop is just a class above. How brilliant was it when they sang happy birthday to Kenny Grin Hardly heard a peep from the away supporters.

"You're Man United and you'll do what your'e told" Grin

Gutted that the Nani/MJ/Carra GIF has disappeared. This will have to do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   

Back to top Go down

EPL Matchday Thread
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum